This lad looks tasty from what I have caught - Leigh announce another signing

I don't know much about him, but he's supposed to be very quick.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

24 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

number 14 against GB

So glad you posted that.  At least is was Blue Monday yesterday and not today otherwise it would have really tipped me over the edge.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Was a real shame hearing he got cut for disciplinary reasons by the PNG Hunters but it's good to see he's picked up another opportunity here. 

Really is another brilliant signing by Leigh IMO, he can play 1-7, 9 and 13. Basically the perfect utility if you desired to use him that way but I'd want him on the field as much as possible at Championship level. Has been a top tier QCup player for a couple of years now and has done it at International level also.

2 hours ago, UTK said:

Was a real shame hearing he got cut for disciplinary reasons by the PNG Hunters but it's good to see he's picked up another opportunity here. 

Really is another brilliant signing by Leigh IMO, he can play 1-7, 9 and 13. Basically the perfect utility if you desired to use him that way but I'd want him on the field as much as possible at Championship level. Has been a top tier QCup player for a couple of years now and has done it at International level also.

Yep, no doubting his talent, he's a tremendous player. The PNG players that have come over here have tended to go one way or another with discipline sometimes hinted at as an issue, but it definitely might help having Lam overseeing him in that regard.

His sacking from PNG was reported four weeks ago btw

Hunters terminate Ipape

December 15, 2021 The National Sports

THE SP Hunters have confirmed that Papua New Guinea Kumuls utility Edwin Ipape has been sacked by the Hostplus Cup side due to indiscipline.

There is speculation that the one-time Manly Sea Eagles train-on squad member’s availability on the open market has prompted interest from rivals in Queensland’s premier rugby league competition.
The South Pacific Brewery-sponsored Hunters told The National yesterday that Ipape’s attitude issues had been ongoing and that he had been given several warnings prior to his sacking a fortnight ago.
“Edwin Ipape has been removed from the SP PNG Hunters squad,” the 2017 champions said in a statement.
“Edwin wasn’t living up to the standards or values that we require at the Hunters.
“He was removed from camp after being given multiple chances to prove that he could turn his attitude around.
“This decision was not taken lightly.
“We made a decision to put the team ahead of any one individual.
“We wish Edwin well in his footballing career.” The former Lae Tiger has so far played three Test matches for the country.
Ipape is now the third player from the last campaign to be axed during the pre-season.
Brendon Gotuno and Norman Brown were shown the door by coach Matthew Church over poor fitness in the second week of the pre-season.

10 minutes ago, fighting irish said:

He looks great. Well done Leigh. Hope he can behave over here. 

We seem to have a number of PNG fans posting who are not very happy with certain decisions being made by the coach and owners - no idea whats gone on by the way but he got in quickly

15 hours ago, Dunbar said:

So glad you posted that.  At least is was Blue Monday yesterday and not today otherwise it would have really tipped me over the edge.

But still.....it was a full house in an competitive international game between GB and a non Aus/NZ/Tonga side.....in the sun 🌞.......definitely things in it yo be cheerful about......

Why the b'Jesus Ash Hlandley wasn't on that wing is still a mystery only Bennett can solve

Just now, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

But still.....it was a full house in an competitive international game between GB and a non Aus/NZ/Tonga side.....in the sun 🌞.......definitely things in it yo be cheerful about......

Why the b'Jesus Ash Hlandley wasn't on that wing is still a mystery only Bennett can solve

Of course.  After a few years of the hurt fading you can now genuinely enjoy the joy in the PNG players and fans.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

4 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Of course.  After a few years of the hurt fading you can now genuinely enjoy the joy in the PNG players and fans.

I think so.....such a shame we couldn't have won at least if not 2 of the games 

I genuinely think Wane would have if he'd have been in charge 

Ash Handley has said that when he found out he wasn't playing after flying out that Bennett didn't get his name right....think in the past others have said it? (Myler?)

2 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Yep, no doubting his talent, he's a tremendous player. The PNG players that have come over here have tended to go one way or another with discipline sometimes hinted at as an issue, but it definitely might help having Lam overseeing him in that regard.

His sacking from PNG was reported four weeks ago btw

Hunters terminate Ipape

December 15, 2021 The National Sports

THE SP Hunters have confirmed that Papua New Guinea Kumuls utility Edwin Ipape has been sacked by the Hostplus Cup side due to indiscipline.

There is speculation that the one-time Manly Sea Eagles train-on squad member’s availability on the open market has prompted interest from rivals in Queensland’s premier rugby league competition.
The South Pacific Brewery-sponsored Hunters told The National yesterday that Ipape’s attitude issues had been ongoing and that he had been given several warnings prior to his sacking a fortnight ago.
“Edwin Ipape has been removed from the SP PNG Hunters squad,” the 2017 champions said in a statement.
“Edwin wasn’t living up to the standards or values that we require at the Hunters.
“He was removed from camp after being given multiple chances to prove that he could turn his attitude around.
“This decision was not taken lightly.
“We made a decision to put the team ahead of any one individual.
“We wish Edwin well in his footballing career.” The former Lae Tiger has so far played three Test matches for the country.
Ipape is now the third player from the last campaign to be axed during the pre-season.
Brendon Gotuno and Norman Brown were shown the door by coach Matthew Church over poor fitness in the second week of the pre-season.

He’ll fit in well in Leigh then  

How sweet.The club that was artificially promoted, and were able to benefit from that promotion into Super League despite NOT being SuperLeagueReady,further benefit from a parachute payment to give them a completely unfair advantage back in the lower league.

Even the much maligned Elstone mentioned halting the parachute payment.

Will the parachute payment still exist when Super League goes 2 x 10?

There ain't no sport governed like rugby league.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

19 hours ago, Dunbar said:

For clarity and not intending to derail the thread, so not up for debate.

Blue Monday, the third Monday of January, is the saddest day of the year.

The Myth of Blue Monday (psychiatrictimes.com)

4 hours ago, Angelic Cynic said:

How sweet.The club that was artificially promoted, and were able to benefit from that promotion into Super League despite NOT being SuperLeagueReady,further benefit from a parachute payment to give them a completely unfair advantage back in the lower league.

Even the much maligned Elstone mentioned halting the parachute payment.

Will the parachute payment still exist when Super League goes 2 x 10?

There ain't no sport governed like rugby league.

So how much was the parachute payment? When and how is it being payed, just curious.

1 hour ago, The Blues Ox said:

Putting together a quality Rugby League team are Leigh. Also putting together a lot of individuals who have had problems at previous clubs. Interesting to see how it plays out but needs must for them given the lack of players now available.

It's intriguing for a fan of the club, today has been announced the signing of Keiran Dixon, just need another 4 quality player's now to have a really good squad.

5 hours ago, Eddie said:

He’ll fit in well in Leigh then  

Signing players who have been let go by other clubs due to being troublemakers just highlights some of the administrative failings we see time and time again at Leigh.

But then again, I suspect the club's name is, for myriad reasons, somewhat tarnished nowadays which probably makes player agents steer their clients away unless they're desperate. 

Archived