North America Rugby League

Eddie

30 minutes ago, langpark said:

NARL have now announced it too. Oh dear, what a mess. The whole idea of today was supposedly to announce the sixth team and instead, they just "announced" things that we already knew, plus:

- No venue announcement 

- After all that, still a *disclaimer that all of this is subject to change. 

Doesn’t look good does it, hopefully it just appears to be a mess rather than actually being one though. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Eddie said:

I may be missing the obvious, but does it even say which city the games are being held in? 

New York was announced as the intended round 1 host city a couple of months back, might well have changed of course.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, langpark said:

NARL have now announced it too. Oh dear, what a mess. The whole idea of today was supposedly to announce the sixth team and instead, they just "announced" things that we already knew, plus:

- No venue announcement 

- After all that, still a *disclaimer that all of this is subject to change. 

Also says ‘Schedule is subject to change’. Looking forward to seeing the irreplaceable Team Six usurped by upcoming Team Seven in the next fortnight 🤣

Edited by theswanmcr
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Not even close my friend.  Here is the forecast:.

Hazards:
Minimum temperatures of minus 21 to 27 degrees Celsius with wind chill values between minus 28 to minus 33.

When:
Tonight through Wednesday morning.

Discussion:
Bitterly cold arctic air settles over the region once again.

Extreme cold puts everyone at risk.

Risks are greater for young children, older adults, people with chronic illnesses, people working or exercising outdoors, and those without proper shelter.

Dress warmly. Dress in layers that you can remove if you get too warm. The outer layer should be wind resistant.

global warming ?

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, OriginalMrC said:

This all seems a bit dodgy 

It is a bit dodgy and they are clearly operating on a very tight budget hoping for some investment to come along. But good luck to them, I hope it gets off the ground.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Gomersall said:

I suspect the delay to Toronto is owing to the fact that they have a realistic proposition of selling merchandise to NA fans whereas the other clubs will primarily targeting expansionists in the UK and Aus for sales. 

Their shop will probably be set up to actually ship stuff to Canada basically. 

• Like 1

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

18 minutes ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

I suspect the delay to Toronto is owing to the fact that they have a realistic proposition of selling merchandise to NA fans whereas the other clubs will primarily targeting expansionists in the UK and Aus for sales. 

Their shop will probably be set up to actually ship stuff to Canada basically. 

I’ve heard they’re making an application to join League One. 

• Haha 3

be careful with VX3.. my sons Rugby Union club use them, they've not been good.. sizing has been weird, we had some samples and ordered off the back of those and the shorts were all over the place came much bigger but also (especially the kids sizing) really really wide legs, made them look like skirts. 

Shirts werent as bad but socks were big too.. the adults team bought loads of the 7-11 socks as spares off parents who were mightily annoyed (understatement).. 

hoodies etc which are meant to be off the shelf are often on long lead times.. (apparently the club was under the impression they were UK made and therefore on a better turnaround... they are not.. they were also expecting larger stock holdings the two put together are causing real issues and its a bad look for the club and lots of lost revenue)

they really struggled to set the website properly for kits which were a pre order.. they kept going "out of stock" in sizes even though it was a pre order they just couldnt get the site to be set up with limitless stock (or frankly put a limit on of 9999999 if need be surely!! even our free work retail site can do this ffs!).

I have ordered things off the site for my son and myself (as a coach) twice and both times there has been an issue and I have had to chase on both occasions, they're not great at getting back to you either.

I know people have an issue with Oxen but I would not recommend this lot to anyone!