North America Rugby League

Eddie

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was a real anti climax and a disappointment. Hope they can get something off the ground. Doesn't look like 13s are involved. 

Perhaps we will see some clubs return to the USARL at the AGM.

DIEHARD / TITAN / MAROON / KANGAROO

31 minutes ago, DlEHARD said:

That was a real anti climax and a disappointment. Hope they can get something off the ground. Doesn't look like 13s are involved. 

Perhaps we will see some clubs return to the USARL at the AGM.

Hopefully this is the case and USARL get some good new leadership in charge and can pick up the pieces when this inevitably withers on the vine. Hopefully Boston, Brooklyn, White Plains/Freedom and a couple of others return and start building again.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

48 minutes ago, Number 16 said:

But isn't union a game for all shapes and sizes?

that is very true.. however, i'm not entirely sure the body shape you would need to be to fit into some of this stuff... 

and I've seen, been and experienced many body shapes! :kolobok_ph34r:

5 hours ago, RP London said:

be careful with VX3.. my sons Rugby Union club use them, they've not been good.. sizing has been weird, we had some samples and ordered off the back of those and the shorts were all over the place came much bigger but also (especially the kids sizing) really really wide legs, made them look like skirts. 

Shirts werent as bad but socks were big too.. the adults team bought loads of the 7-11 socks as spares off parents who were mightily annoyed (understatement).. 

hoodies etc which are meant to be off the shelf are often on long lead times.. (apparently the club was under the impression they were UK made and therefore on a better turnaround... they are not.. they were also expecting larger stock holdings the two put together are causing real issues and its a bad look for the club and lots of lost revenue)

they really struggled to set the website properly for kits which were a pre order.. they kept going "out of stock" in sizes even though it was a pre order they just couldnt get the site to be set up with limitless stock (or frankly put a limit on of 9999999 if need be surely!! even our free work retail site can do this ffs!).

I have ordered things off the site for my son and myself (as a coach) twice and both times there has been an issue and I have had to chase on both occasions, they're not great at getting back to you either.

I know people have an issue with Oxen but I would not recommend this lot to anyone!

On the flip, VX3 supply Wales RL and I’ve bought a good handful of things from them… aside from a slightly tight medium vest (definitely go up a size) everything has been good quality and good service.

Sorry to hear you’ve had bad experiences

13 hours ago, Whippet13 said:

Looks like Team 6 have sensationally pulled out of the NARL....

Can anyone cut and paste the content of the post above?

When i click on it, it greys out and says its been blocked by microsoft edge.

48 minutes ago, fighting irish said:

Some kind of joke?

2 minutes ago, OriginalMrC said:

this whole thing is a set up just to sell some merch 

I deleted all the unnecessary words from your post.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

6 hours ago, fighting irish said:

It was a parody Twitter account (see page 3 of the thread) now deleted. Shame as they had a great shirt design. It was tagged Guyra Super Spuds so they may have set it up.

Or, maybe team 6 have had a rethink and decided to rejoin the NARL.....

Anyway, here is the text:

It is with regret that we announce we will no longer be participating in the @NARugbyLeague.

On the plus side, at nearly 24 hours, we remain one of the longest serving clubs in NARL history.#nosix #sixandout

— TeamSix RLFC (@GuyraSpuds) January 26, 2022

2 minutes ago, Whippet13 said:

It was a parody Twitter account (see page 3 of the thread) now deleted. Shame as they had a great shirt design. It was tagged Guyra Super Spuds so they may have set it up.

Or, maybe team 6 have had a rethink and decided to rejoin the NARL.....

Anyway, here is the text:

It is with regret that we announce we will no longer be participating in the @NARugbyLeague.

On the plus side, at nearly 24 hours, we remain one of the longest serving clubs in NARL history.#nosix #sixandout

— TeamSix RLFC (@GuyraSpuds) January 26, 2022

Longest serving, played the same number of games as the others and best merch. I'd call that a success 😊

7 hours ago, OriginalMrC said:

Does anyone know who owns Toronto now? Seems to be a secret 

I do worry that this whole thing is a set up just to sell some merch 

I don’t think so, Atlanta, Toronto and Cleveland are certainly real clubs. Not sure about Washington or NY. 

1 minute ago, langpark said:

I think a couple of friendlies.

I was going to ask the same about Toronto. Have they played a match, or even assembled a squad that trains, since they left Super League? 

I can find one Cleveland match vs Atlanta. I think Toronto have played once too. The question for me is why are we building a pro tier without the grassroots foundations? Makes no sense to me

Archived