New Owners at Hull City

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

Halifax, Huddersfield, Oldham and Rochdale too for me. I’m not sure about Barrow, but would love to know more. 

Yeah I was once on the train to the GF and a load of Rochdale FC supporters got on. When they noticed a lot of RL fans they started mumbling to each other about the RL side 'damaging our pitch'. So yeah, they can go in the black book too.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

I live in Bradford. But the number of Leeds United supporters I know is completely ridiculous. Absolutely loads just in my circle of friends, dozens - and they mostly slag #### out of Bradford City too! Most have supported them since the early 70's through thick and thin, so are pretty dedicated at least. 

I also know plenty of lads from Scarborough who support them too. There seems to be a big bunch of Leeds and Rangers fans in Scarborough oddly enough.

*insert Joke about Scarborough having lots of ex cons being housed there*

There is a Rangers pub on the main hill in Scarborough iirc.

It is a good point you make though as people sometimes don't realise how wide the base of the LUFC fanbase is. Its particularly relevant to this discussion with it being hard to draw direct relation between the crowds for the football club and RL club.

4 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

*insert Joke about Scarborough having lots of ex cons being housed there*

There is a Rangers pub on the main hill in Scarborough iirc.

It is a good point you make though as people sometimes don't realise how wide the base of the LUFC fanbase is. Its particularly relevant to this discussion with it being hard to draw direct relation between the crowds for the football club and RL club.

Not to mention areas like Kippax or Garforth etc etc which, while still Leeds postcodes I think, doesn't automatically mean they will support LUFC.

Skipton has a Bradford postcode and there aren't swathes of Bradford city fans there for example.

I used to work in Scarborough for a few years and they call people from West Yorkshire 'Wessies'.....as though it's like London or something. 😆

18 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Any talk on how this could affect Hull FC?

By all accounts the Allams weren't well liked by FC (or anyone else in Hull for that matter).

This will hopefully mean the relationship between Hull FC (and Hull City to an extent) & the SMC, who manage the Stadium, moves onto a mutually beneficial level rather than a stand off between 2 stroppy Jack Russells. The Allams had a very personal dislike of anything black and white thanks to the history between them and Adam, and they took great delight in making our lives as difficult as possible. The stadium as a whole has been left to rot, with lots of work now needing to be done both in and around the ground to make it clean and presentable once more. The Allams have been running the SMC into the ground and I dread to think how much in debt it was in. Hopefully the new owners will see its potential and we can return to hosting events and gigs again.

4 hours ago, JohnM said:

Hmmmm. you can say that again!😃

To be fair, it's about as well informed an answer to Tommy's original question as anybody could give you right now.

We'll have to wait and see but right now I'm just glad to see the back of the Allams.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

41 minutes ago, Karen said:

This will hopefully mean the relationship between Hull FC (and Hull City to an extent) & the SMC, who manage the Stadium, moves onto a mutually beneficial level rather than a stand off between 2 stroppy Jack Russells. The Allams had a very personal dislike of anything black and white thanks to the history between them and Adam, and they took great delight in making our lives as difficult as possible. The stadium as a whole has been left to rot, with lots of work now needing to be done both in and around the ground to make it clean and presentable once more. The Allams have been running the SMC into the ground and I dread to think how much in debt it was in. Hopefully the new owners will see its potential and we can return to hosting events and gigs again.

The stuff Allam resorted to was so petty, like that time he refused to pay a cleaner to clean our trophy room for example. Sorry ours is so much bigger than yours mate! 😉

1 hour ago, Johnoco said:

Not to mention areas like Kippax or Garforth etc etc which, while still Leeds postcodes I think, doesn't automatically mean they will support LUFC.

Skipton has a Bradford postcode and there aren't swathes of Bradford city fans there for example.

I used to work in Scarborough for a few years and they call people from West Yorkshire 'Wessies'.....as though it's like London or something. 😆

I lived in Garforth at one point and my brother played for Kippax too, mixture of RL teams supported.

Tbf, who in their right mind would support Bradford City...

My friend is from East Yorkshire and his grandad was apparently militantly opposed to "wessies coming over 'ere and stealing our beaches" 😂

2 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

It is a good point you make though as people sometimes don't realise how wide the base of the LUFC fanbase is.

Made this point multiple times but LUFC appear to be the football team of choice for pretty much every West Yorkshire RL fan that I know - often to the extent that if Leeds United have a game that clashes with their RL team's game then the football will take viewing priority, even if their talk all week is rugby.

My only solution to this is the immediate expulsion of Leeds United from the planet but so far I can't get anyone to take this reasonable proposal seriously.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

2 hours ago, Johnoco said:

Yeah I was once on the train to the GF and a load of Rochdale FC supporters got on. When they noticed a lot of RL fans they started mumbling to each other about the RL side 'damaging our pitch'. So yeah, they can go in the black book too.

Football fans always complain about rugby damage to a pitch. We play in summer and we don't congregate in one spot.

Football always wears away the goal mouths. They need to look at their own game first!

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

8 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Football always wears away the goal mouths. 

To be fair: Only if you're using a cheap pitch and your groundsman is rubbish.

There's no excuse for any pitch in any sport being worn out these days.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

4 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

I lived in Garforth at one point and my brother played for Kippax too, mixture of RL teams supported.

Tbf, who in their right mind would support Bradford City...

My friend is from East Yorkshire and his grandad was apparently militantly opposed to "wessies coming over 'ere and stealing our beaches" 😂

Tbf Bradford City  have 18k watching them despite being in the bottom half of the old 4th division..how do they manage that?

8 minutes ago, koli said:

Tbf Bradford City  have 18k watching them despite being in the bottom half of the old 4th division..how do they manage that?

Cheap(ish) season tickets and putting the hard yards in to have a genuinely diverse crowd who come back regardless of the results?

4 hours ago, gingerjon said:

Made this point multiple times but LUFC appear to be the football team of choice for pretty much every West Yorkshire RL fan that I know - often to the extent that if Leeds United have a game that clashes with their RL team's game then the football will take viewing priority, even if their talk all week is rugby.

My only solution to this is the immediate expulsion of Leeds United from the planet but so far I can't get anyone to take this reasonable proposal seriously.

I would support such a proposal 100%

The new owner has bought the soccer club and the Stadium Management Company(SMC).  The council continue to own the stadium and when the stadium was built in 2002 gave SMC a 50 year lease. The new owner will carry on with that lease.

Hull FC in 2002 signed a 25 years lease to use the stadium which will finish in 2027. They can then go down the route of building their own ground if they so choose. Hull FC problems were due to  a toxic relationship developing between the respective owners and led to the Hull owner speculating about moving away from the MKM stadium.

Talks have yet to commence between the 2 owners on any unresolved problems due to shared occupancy of the stadium.

4 hours ago, JohnM said:

So the deal is done. Hull City has a new owner. What has bought? The soccer club only?  The stadium stays in the councils hands?  And what of the stadium management company? Wasn't that a big issue for Hull FC?

The SMC was ran by the Allams and presumably will have been part of the purchase of Hull City. I don't think things coukd get worse on that front so hopefully good news.

• 3 weeks later...

The situation for Hull FC is pretty much unchanged.

They needed to pay rent to the Allam's now they must pay it to Acun Ilicali instead. They received no income from the stadium before and they still won't.

If they wish to play at the stadium after 2027 they will need to agree new terms with Ilicali.

15 minutes ago, DimmestStar said:

The situation for Hull FC is pretty much unchanged.

They needed to pay rent to the Allam's now they must pay it to Acun Ilicali instead. They received no income from the stadium before and they still won't.

If they wish to play at the stadium after 2027 they will need to agree new terms with Ilicali.

On the plus side, our floodlights don't fall over.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

On 20/01/2022 at 10:57, HawkMan said:

I don't believe the waxing and waning of football clubs fortunes have any impact on RL at all.

Wigan Athletic were in the PL , now in the third tier, have the Warriors attendances rocketed ? No.

Huddersfield also were in PL, have the Giants attendances benefited from their demise, No!

Have Leeds United being promoted to PL caused Leeds Rhinos a problem,  no.

Surely RL can attract fans without a sporting rival going down the Swanee. 

Also if parents take their kids to say Hull City, having a season ticket, and Hull do well, a great time had by all, then come summer time and the kids missing their Saturday afternoon fun, the parents might say, " well we can still do this in summer kids , there's another code of football we can watch"

If though they had a bad time if Hull City got relegated they'll likely say, " never mind always next season," rather than,  " stuff them let's watch Hull FC"

Shame that problem can not be practised in Holland, Germany, Spain, Sweden...well most of the world actually.

On 20/01/2022 at 14:40, Karen said:

I'm posting a lot of this thread BUT why did the Allams hate Hull FC.

Archived