New Owners at Hull City

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

No income is just incredible, makes you wonder why they ever agreed to be there. 

It's also not true. The person you quoted needs to appreciate that many of we Hull fans attended the public meetings where the situation regarding match day revenue sharing between Hull and the SMC was fully explained and are apprised of the facts. The formula was based on average attendances in the final season at the Boulevard. Hull also have a retail store at the stadium which is open five days a week.

The people who owned our club at the time didn't seem to care much for its long term future but they did care about money. They would never have signed up to a deal that left the club relying solely on ticket sales.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Just now, ShropshireBull said:

So how much do they get? 

The original formula was that Hull received 100% of the income from the concessions up to the Boulevard average attendance (think it was around 7,000 at the time). Anything on top of that was to be split 50/50. It's one of the reasons why Adam Pearson as chairman of the SMC was so keen to have a successful rugby league club with increased attendances as tenants. 

If you're asking me what the agreement is worth in cash terms at present then I'm afraid I don't know but if the annoying bleeders near us who get up to go to the bar every five minutes are anything to go by, probably quite a bit.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

56 minutes ago, Ullman said:

It's also not true. The person you quoted needs to appreciate that many of we Hull fans attended the public meetings where the situation regarding match day revenue sharing between Hull and the SMC was fully explained and are apprised of the facts. The formula was based on average attendances in the final season at the Boulevard. Hull also have a retail store at the stadium which is open five days a week.

The people who owned our club at the time didn't seem to care much for its long term future but they did care about money. They would never have signed up to a deal that left the club relying solely on ticket sales.

Once upon a time Adam Pearson owned the SMC but that was when his loyalty was to Hull City AFC .

He sold for profit and used the money to buy Hull FC. 

On 20/01/2022 at 11:09, Eddie said:

One could argue that Wigan Athletic (a traditional non league club) even being in the league has led to people switching to football from RL. Also Huddersfield have had two seasons in the top flight in the last 50 odd years so not really relevant and Leeds Rhinos attendances have dropped off alarmingly since Leeds Utd have come out of the doldrums. 

When united plummeted it coincided with the Rhinos winning everything and there was a noticeably large "football" presence in the South Stand.

It was commented on both in the stand and on here. 

I guess they've all left now 

1 hour ago, ShropshireBull said:

Ok so that is even more curious why Hull don´t perform well then. It´s actually a nice gig and at least new Hull City owner should seek to maximise Hull derby. 

The move to the new stadium was so successful for Hull that there was a lot of discussion in subsequent years that the club could have negotiated a better deal, but hindsight's a wonderful thing and I don't think anybody foresaw the levels that average attendances would reach.

21 hours ago, DimmestStar said:

You don't have any floodlights you use Hull City's.

If you'd said "You don't have any floodlights you use Hull City Council's", I'd have given you that.

I can't see much good in sharing with a football club in the top leagues. The FA insist that they get first dibs on the stadium should fixtures clash. This could have been a problem with Coventry City playing at Wasps RFC. The rugby kick and clap club allowed this when they first took over.

Not sure if it's changed, but they fell out over something else, left and went back again.

And so we shall again…

19 hours ago, devonhawk said:

I can't see much good in sharing with a football club in the top leagues. The FA insist that they get first dibs on the stadium should fixtures clash. This could have been a problem with Coventry City playing at Wasps RFC. The rugby kick and clap club allowed this when they first took over.

Not sure if it's changed, but they fell out over something else, left and went back again.

What are the other options for Wigan, Huddersfield and Hull FC then? Ideally yes I’m sure they’d want their own smaller grounds, in the middle of town with good parking and transport links, but realistically what do you think their alternatives to what they do currently are? 

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

What are the other options for Wigan, Huddersfield and Hull FC then? Ideally yes I’m sure they’d want their own smaller grounds, in the middle of town with good parking and transport links, but realistically what do you think their alternatives to what they do currently are? 

There probably isn't any other options, sadly. If only they held out like other clubs in Super League, they may have been at their own grounds still. 

But hindsight is a wonderful thing...

And so we shall again…

16 minutes ago, devonhawk said:

There probably isn't any other options, sadly. If only they held out like other clubs in Super League, they may have been at their own grounds still. 

But hindsight is a wonderful thing...

Saints and Wire are fortunate that there are no teams in town even in the top 6 tiers of football, otherwise they’d probably have suffered the same fate. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 09/02/2022 at 13:35, Ullman said:

If you'd said "You don't have any floodlights you use Hull City Council's", I'd have given you that.

Only just spotted this thread and reading through it was going to post, just about word for word, what you put above, it's amazing how Dimmest Star always seems to omit words that suit their anti Hull FC agenda.

Anyway :

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/hull-fc-stadium-latest-as-new-football-club-owners-speak-out-on-relationship-with-adam-pearson-49750/?fbclid=IwAR158E6HWGaBMF-soQmh4k5fKqhdSOn291QlPMAv0TFmRWU2i6bFLolc59U

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

1 hour ago, DimmestStar said:

The new owners have made it clear that Hull City AFC are no longer prepared to subsidise the rugby club who call themselves football club.

How exactly do the football club subsidise the rugby league club?

1 hour ago, DimmestStar said:

The new owners have made it clear that Hull City AFC are no longer prepared to subsidise the rugby club who call themselves football club.

You should know blind stupid hatred stands out like a sore thumb on this forum by now.

58 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

You should know blind stupid hatred stands out like a sore thumb on this forum by now.

I think we've found a new TRL poster ID for DS.

2 hours ago, DimmestStar said:

You are so unbelievably bitter it's untrue.

Hull Football Club were formed in 1865.

They were the first professional football club of any code to be formed in the city of Hull, so they were able to call themselves Hull FC without any issues.

When you look at the full name of your favourite team "Hull Kingston Rovers RLFC", what do you think the letters "FC" stand for at the end?

And why do you think the "Kingston Rovers" bit was included?

I trust these quotes help clarify things.

"Hull City vice-chairman Tan Kesler and owner Acun Ilicali want to improve the football club’s relationship with the rugby league side.

"Kesler wants the two companies to work together and co-exist.

"We become more like partners, where we fulfil supporters’ expectations.

“Previously, the relationship between the previous owners and the rugby club was not good so we’ve tried to fix that, and we want the rugby fans to be more comfortable and confident.

The dimmest stars are orange or red when they are the hottest, and acquire a magenta color as they cool. Brown dwarfs are proof that star formation does not always result in a traditional star.

The following was posted on a Hull City fans forum by originallambrettaman which was discussing this same topic.

Not sure how true it is though.

"According to Adam Pearson, the rent charged to FC during the 2020 season (including 'COVID surcharges') was £700k, we now know the total rental income the SMC received for the year, was £1,293,311 (which suggests, at least as far as the 2020 season was concerned, they paid more than we did)."

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

Archived