Ask the Ref

Batley Bob

Disappointed that no comments on here about this event presumably because not present. I can confirm it was a superb event for Rugby League people. Anyone who did attend could not fail to be impressed by Robert Hicks and Arron Moore who came across as good people who do their best to get decisions right. They are not perfect so clearly can make a mistake a bit like players or you and me in everyday life. However they do prepare as best they possibly can both in full time and part time game.

i can highly recommend it if we repeat the event later this season or next and i think anyone who went will be of the same opinion as the feedback we had was superb.

Well I did, Rob Hicks was as honest as it's possible to be, Aaron was a little overcome I think and didn't go into as deep a conversation, but we still got the best impression of him. People clearly don't know the amount of time refs spend in training, consultation, 1 to 1 discussion on their performance, swatting up on the next 2 teams they'll face, 3 days a week at least, they don't just turn up at 1.30 on Sunday and go home at 5.

18 minutes ago, phildog said:

Well I did, Rob Hicks was as honest as it's possible to be, Aaron was a little overcome I think and didn't go into as deep a conversation, but we still got the best impression of him. People clearly don't know the amount of time refs spend in training, consultation, 1 to 1 discussion on their performance, swatting up on the next 2 teams they'll face, 3 days a week at least, they don't just turn up at 1.30 on Sunday and go home at 5.

Just like player & coaches and staff 

Probably as a referee they’ll be under the spotlight a lot more but Remember players don’t turn up at 3pm and go at 5… I know players who will try and recover from yesterday’s games at 6-7pm tonight until 8-9pm just be sure they are ready for next weekends opening clashes before training Tuesday Thursday Friday or Saturday mornings… 

Archived