Fri 21 - Sun 23 Jan: The Pre-Season Friendly Match Thread

Discuss this weekend's games here:

Friday 21st January
Dewsbury Rams v Hull KR    19:30
Salford Red Devils v Halifax Panthers    19:30
St Helens v Leigh Centurions    19:30 (Alex Walmsley Testimonial)

Saturday 22nd January
Oldham v Wakefield Trinity    18:00

Sunday 23rd January
Barrow Raiders v North Wales Crusaders    15:00
Bradford Bulls v Leeds Rhinos    15:00
Doncaster v Castleford Tigers    15:00
Featherstone Rovers v Wakefield Trinity    15:00
Huddersfield Giants v Batley Bulldogs    15:00
Newcastle Thunder v Wigan Warriors    15:00
Swinton Lions v Whitehaven  15:00

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FT Dewsbury 12-60 Hull KR.

Rovers were missing Coote, Crooks, Ryan, King, Parcell, Dagger, Halton, Hadley, Minchella, but fielded a strong team and were altogether too good for Dewsbury.

With the 'best available' team in the first half Rovers were quality and led 0-36 at the break. Last week Dewsbury held Huddersfield 6-6 at HT.

Rovers forwards were outstanding against clearly inferior opposition. With first and second choice full backs Coote and Dagger unavailable up stepped 18 year old Phoenix Laulu-Togag'e and goodness what a player we have on our hands. We thought he might have a year in the reserves but maybe we might have to have another think about that.

Very impressive from the Robins.

10 hours ago, DimmestStar said:

Rovers were missing Coote, Crooks, Ryan, King, Parcell, Dagger, Halton, Hadley, Minchella, but fielded a strong team and were altogether too good for Dewsbury.

With the 'best available' team in the first half Rovers were quality and led 0-36 at the break. Last week Dewsbury held Huddersfield 6-6 at HT.

Rovers forwards were outstanding against clearly inferior opposition. With first and second choice full backs Coote and Dagger unavailable up stepped 18 year old Phoenix Laulu-Togag'e and goodness what a player we have on our hands. We thought he might have a year in the reserves but maybe we might have to have another think about that.

Great turnout from Hull KR fans and the team looked streets ahead of Huddersfield last week.

16 hours ago, DimmestStar said:

Highlights free on Hull KR TV now…

https://hullkr.co.uk/hull-kr-tv/?play=70545&fbclid=IwAR03cNQS89zhusF1-cgjHrYppoKhCn9vJxedjVsjNTdN39Y3THDh66KxMOo

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Did Hall drop that then?

The commentary is hopeless.

Ferres was just on front of me in the halftime pie queue.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

19 minutes ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

Ferres was just on front of me in the halftime pie queue.

I'm struggling to see what he offers a professional RL team tbh.

Wakey to win by at least two clear scores I reckon.

David Fifita sees my post and decides to spend 10 minutes in the bin to make me look even more stupid than usual.

Archived