Return of Scrums - Meeting Today

Meeting of clubs & authorities today, about scrums & vaccines.

Apparently the 85% threshold has been hit

Any more news on this?

With the lower booster uptake in younger age cohorts, I presume 'fully vaxd' doesn't mean boostered in this context.

Good. Scrap that 6 again tripe as well.

• Like 8

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

6 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

With the season set to start in ten days' time (for the Championship anyway), that doesn't give coaching staff much time to work on scrummaging technique...

Aside from the occassional set play I can't say I've ever noticed much 'technique' in scrums other than trying to make them look as messy as possible 🙂

• Like 2

with the nrl never having suspended scrums playing without them this season then facing them under international rules in the wc using scrums would have resulted in disaster 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

31 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

With the season set to start in ten days' time (for the Championship anyway), that doesn't give coaching staff much time to work on scrummaging technique...

What technique, i thought it was Half Back in and out, time for teams to start making them competitive and not just a waste of time

• Like 1

Good.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

1 hour ago, Moove said:

Thanks for reporting such good news, Moove.

2 minutes ago, northamptoncougar said:

What about the community game? When do they return to the amateur level?

According to FEV

The Board have therefore accepted a recommendation from the RFL Executive for scrums to return – in all competitions, starting next weekend (29-31 January) in Round One fixtures in the Betfred Championship and the Second Round of the Betfred Challenge Cup.

This will also apply across the Community Game.

Don’t see the point of scrums any longer. I mean, they were properly redundant anyway seeing as it is, the majority of the time, they’re a nice breather and a cuddle and nothing more. Watching fullbacks pack in at loose forward will become tiresome inside 40 minutes of the first game of the season.

The six again rule was the problem. It wasn’t really the answer once it was implemented, it just didn’t work as hoped or expected. 

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Lots of people missed the joke entirely, great to see.

• Like 6

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

3 minutes ago, Jughead said:

Don’t see the point of scrums any longer. I mean, they were properly redundant anyway seeing as it is, the majority of the time, they’re a nice breather and a cuddle and nothing more. Watching fullbacks pack in at loose forward will become tiresome inside 40 minutes of the first game of the season.

The six again rule was the problem. It wasn’t really the answer once it was implemented, it just didn’t work as hoped or expected. 

Yep agree with all that, now that they have brought scrums back go the whole way and make them competitive once more by insisting the ball is put into the tunnel and not feeding it behind the front rows feet.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Jughead said:

They were allowed to disintegrate . Have scrums and mandate  forwards being in scrums .

• Like 1

Daryl Powell was vocal in his dislike of how the lack of scrums took a lot of exciting set plays out of the game. I hope he sets to work on some fancy RL moves now. Looking forward to seeing Cats, Warrington, Leeds and HKR in that respect. Maybe Woolf and Wane will get in on the act too.

• Like 1

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan