Toulouse imploding

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Jughead said:

No, I live in the real world. 

Any side losing nearly 20% of their squad a few weeks out from their inaugural season at Super League level having only been promoted in September, long after most Super League clubs had completed their recruitment and retention for 2022, which creates a further hurdle to the many they face as a newly promoted side is going to make their season look bleak. 

I hope I’m wrong but the chances of success at Toulouse look a lot slimmer than they did previously and I don’t see any point in blind “positive RL” type statements. 

Is all this stuff official by the way, are five or six established players actually leaving Toulouse? 

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

Is all this stuff official by the way, are five or six established players actually leaving Toulouse? 

As yet, no, not official but I doubt Matthew Shaw would put his name to it without confidence. Losing five or six players of whatever strength from a squad of 27 is pretty significant and would leave any side very short. 

9 minutes ago, Jughead said:

As yet, no, not official but I doubt Matthew Shaw would put his name to it without confidence. Losing five or six players of whatever strength from a squad of 27 is pretty significant and would leave any side very short. 

Matthew Shaw…..the bastion of truth 😂 don’t worry, even if they finish bottom they’ll not be relegated 👍

Might be a blessing in disguise for them getting rid of these anti-vax idiots. Not sure who the others are but Ford and Kherellah are the wrong side of 30 and not the players they were. Toulouse's recruitment has been awful so maybe this gives them another stab at it, albeit late in the game.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

3 hours ago, Jughead said:

Losing your first choice fullback and nearly 20% of your playing squad a matter of weeks out from your first ever game of Super League isn’t exactly “everything’s fine”, is it? A series of events, including players falling out with the clubs hierarchy, like this on top of the odds being stacked massively against them is tantamount to imploding. 

Puts them in a similar position to Leigh last year , only it was injuries in pre season games that crippled us 

Genuinely hope they can sort something out

Does the article represent the situation correctly?

Two commennts.

1. Is the article subheading a true definition of "implode"?  Exclusive: One of Toulouse's star players has walked away from the club following a dispute.

1. Even Novax Djokovic wont get in to France, it seems. As soon as the vaccine pass plan officially becomes law, its use will be “compulsory to enter public venues … for all spectators, practitioners, French or foreign professionals,” French Sports Minister Roxana Maracineanu tweeted Sunday.

Why has this relegated Toulouse ?  Isnt this the main reason Leigh got chosen really last year ?

No way round red tape and although I empathise, I am sure others have jabbed to save their careers.

The Aussie Full Back and Aussie Stand off to be fair are average SL players, and ageing at that. They are no world beaters. and after a few games of getting smashed around, there will be no swim up cocktails like there were last year for sure.

I am sure they are Loaded and Super League Ready. Lots of money in the kitty to replace them should they go.

Sir Kev ??

This is a devastating blow for Toulouse, it could result in their ultimate relegation, no doubt about that. The big question that remains is who are the unvaccinated players leaving the club. Until they can make some replacement signings you’ve got to think they won’t pick up wins in England.

It’s a different story in France. Wakefield said recently they have 6 unvaccinated players, they too wouldn’t be able to play in France, so it may be a bit of a leveller for some of Toulouse’s home games. Catalans have said all their squad are fully vaccinated, hopefully Toulouse can pick up a couple of loan players from Catalans.

7 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

This is a devastating blow for Toulouse, it could result in their ultimate relegation, no doubt about that. The big question that remains is who are the unvaccinated players leaving the club. Until they can make some replacement signings you’ve got to think they won’t pick up wins in England.

It’s a different story in France. Wakefield said recently they have 6 unvaccinated players, they too wouldn’t be able to play in France, so it may be a bit of a leveller for some of Toulouse’s home games. Catalans have said all their squad are fully vaccinated, hopefully Toulouse can pick up a couple of loan players from Catalans.

Dont you understand , their unvaccinated players won't be able to play in France , not England 

8 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Dont you understand , their unvaccinated players won't be able to play in France , not England 

Yes, it’s as I said, for games in France both sides may be missing players. Toulouse are unlikely to pick up wins in England until they make replacement signings, in England it’ll only be Toulouse missing players.

1 minute ago, thebrewxi said:

Now the above is an interesting point. Why don't they do a duel registration agreement with Skolars or similar, park them in London and pick them for away games?

Unless they're able to drastically downgrade the contracts of the 5 they'll be looking to move them on and use their allocated money for replacements I'd say.

Just now, thebrewxi said:

Surely they aren't spending their full cap? And I keep being told they are more flush than most teams. I'm not sure how true that second sentence is though. 

If they had more money I daresay higher profile signings would've been made before this point. Important to remember that TO have just effectively undergone 2 years without home games and that associated revenue.

5 minutes ago, theswanmcr said:

Random point - trying to read the Toulouse statement and, unsurprisingly, it’s all in French! Really all SL clubs should have an English or French website option as a requisite for entry. Random rant over!

Have you just realised where Toulouse is?

I would love to see the LE article if Michael Carter found out he had to fork out for a French translation of the Wakefield website.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

12 hours ago, binosh said:

I wonder if the RFL still have those 6 applications from last year.

Its Featherstones turn to help Super league.

Are Fev fully vaccinated? 

As the figure is 85% fully vaccinated I would guess most clubs have unvacinated players

Archived