Toulouse imploding

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Anyone actually pleased that Toulouse has merely  lost a key player, or does it go deeper than that. How many people on here want to see them fail, or be kicked out?

Asking for a friend.

For some insane reason a lot of ‘fans’ want a team the represents a set of traffic lights and an Aldi in SL. They can’t see the value in having a team from a large city in the top league.

6 minutes ago, Mark S said:

For some insane reason a lot of ‘fans’ want a team the represents a set of traffic lights and an Aldi in SL. They can’t see the value in having a team from a large city in the top league.

I guess your talking about cas and wakey especially with their shi£e stadium’s 😂

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

57 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Anyone actually pleased that Toulouse has merely  lost a key player, or does it go deeper than that. How many people on here want to see them fail, or be kicked out?

Asking for a friend.

My cap is as flat as anyone's..... but I would love Toulouse to survive in SL.... moreover I'd love them to challenge the top teams.

It's a great city. A great trip. A great experience.  One of the best places to go and watch rugby..... and visit the marché Victor Hugo. 

I like the club too

12 minutes ago, Mark S said:

Nope. I want to see the championship winners in Sl.be that Toulouse or sharlston

10 hours ago, theswanmcr said:

Random point - trying to read the Toulouse statement and, unsurprisingly, it’s all in French! Really all SL clubs should have an English or French website option as a requisite for entry.

They have.  They chose French.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

The simple solution to this would be for France to say that there is no need for sportsmen and sportswomen who come and go from France to be vaccinated.

And maybe whilst Macron is at it,he should also say that you don’t have to be vaccinated in order to partake in French society and use the facilities that French society offer.

Problem solved.

7 minutes ago, Robthegasman said:

The simple solution to this would be for France to say that there is no need for sportsmen and sportswomen who come and go from France to be vaccinated.

And maybe whilst Macron is at it,he should also say that you don’t have to be vaccinated in order to partake in French society and use the facilities that French society offer.

Problem solved.

Et Macron? Il dit non

1 hour ago, Mark S said:

👍

2 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

If nothing else, it´s perhaps a good example of why we shouldn´t let the future of RL expansion and success in France be based off the whims of one season...

Nor should we let a single financial blip mean the end of a proud, heartland Super League club.

Of course, Bulls went bust 4 times in 5 years, so they're ed!

6 hours ago, Mark S said:

We can add a super league qualifying criteria that each town must have a Waitrose🙂

Anyone that shops at Aldi can be excluded from games also.

6 hours ago, Niels said:

We can add a super league qualifying criteria that each town must have a Waitrose🙂

Waitrose - the supermarket for towns that are too downmarket to have a Booths? 🙂

1 minute ago, JonM said:

Waitrose - the supermarket for towns that are too downmarket to have a Booths? 🙂

I like Sainsbury's. It keeps the riff-raff out of Waitrose.

- Alan Coren

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

11 hours ago, binosh said:

Anyone remember Toronto?

Good times.

The expansion club who were given no central funding and made to pay away teams travel costs. They would of been in Super League 2022 if we were willing to give them a share of the central funding, sadly we opted against that, they averaged 7000+ in the Championship, who knows how big they could of become in Super League. But you’ve got to say going for Leigh instead last year was the right decision, interest in Super League went through the roof with Leigh’s inclusion.

I was listening to the Sadler-Hogan interview, Hogan was at the original Gateshead Thunder Super League club. I was shocked to hear they only received 50% of the central funding compared to other Super League clubs.

Neither Toronto or Gateshead stood a chance without an equal share as Wakefield, Salford and the rest get.  

Catalans are the only expansion club who’ve been given any preferential treatment (exemption from relegation for 3 years) and they are a massive success and now one of our biggest Super League clubs. 

Why do we keep making the same mistakes, give expansion a chance.

57 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

The expansion club who were given no central funding and made to pay away teams travel costs. They would of been in Super League 2022 if we were willing to give them a share of the central funding, sadly we opted against that, they averaged 7000+ in the Championship, who knows how big they could of become in Super League. But you’ve got to say going for Leigh instead last year was the right decision, interest in Super League went through the roof with Leigh’s inclusion.

I was listening to the Sadler-Hogan interview, Hogan was at the original Gateshead Thunder Super League club. I was shocked to hear they only received 50% of the central funding compared to other Super League clubs.

Neither Toronto or Gateshead stood a chance without an equal share as Wakefield, Salford and the rest get.  

Catalans are the only expansion club who’ve been given any preferential treatment (exemption from relegation for 3 years) and they are a massive success and now one of our biggest Super League clubs. 

Why do we keep making the same mistakes, give expansion a chance.

The saving grace is that Toronto are still around in some form. Argueably, the Narl may not have formed without them.

13 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

If nothing else, it´s perhaps a good example of why we shouldn´t let the future of RL expansion and success in France be based off the whims of one season...

As long as any of the two French teams or any English club for that matter finish 11th or better in the 12 team League system they will be just fine.

It's a competition dear heart, each club should go out on the park each and every week with the sole aim of winning their games to ensure survival, not having the ability to say well this match doesn't matter really we are safe whatever the result.

Archived