Toulouse imploding

1 hour ago, Cowboy said:

Sam Moa and Krisnan Inu - current team mates of Maloney and Baiteri at Lezignan.

Nathan Peats is at Albi.

Aswell as a few former T.O players, Stan Robin,Bastian Canet, Clement Boyer at Carcassonne. 

Zac Santos is another with the potential for SL.

Nathan Peats is a good hooker and would be worth considering but I am unsure if another hooker would suit Houles requirements.  Barring Maloney as a stop gap/1 season Inu, Batieri et al have had their day in SL now.

imo, Ford isnt such a big loss.  He has experience and familiarity with the TO team and although he's a big body isnt SL standard.  

I'm not sure if Ryan Hampshire is still available (anybody?) but he would be a good pick up and can cover spine positions.

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, GeordieSaint said:

Who else is kicking around Elite 1 - both experience and potential? 

Remi Casty is now on the TO coaching staff so don’t be surprised to see him making a comeback.

I am certain the Bernard will help out its going to be an interesting day on Saturday.

Obviously Bernard has the Dragons as his No 1 priority however he fully understands that having Toulouse in SL is brilliant for the Dragons and French Rugby League.

I fully expect everyone to pull together for the good of the game in France.

Paul

IMO Kheirallah is a bigger miss than J. Ford. The latter is a very classy player (especially at Championship level) but slow and would have been a defensive liability at the top level. Still it will present problems as the attack has been built around him for 10 years.

I'm sure Toulouse can strengthen their squad when they feel the need to. Yes they will miss Ford and Kheirallah (the latter yet to be confirmed). They have afar better chance of my team Leigh of staying in SL. Stronger squad and some teams might be affected by travelling to France and back on the same day (if that's still the procedure).

12 hours ago, Scubby said:

So who is missing from the squad apart from MK and Ford?

Junior Vaivai, Mark kheirallah, Latrell Schaumakel are all missing Jonathan Ford we know has already left. These are all overseas players so if any of them do leave in addition to Ford it will open up another overseas player spot, so Toulouse would have plenty of scope to bring a few in from the NRL if and when players become available throughout the season. Gadwin Springer is also missing.

15 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Junior Vaivai, Mark kheirallah, Latrell Schaumakel are all missing Jonathan Ford we know has already left. These are all overseas players so if any of them do leave in addition to Ford it will open up another overseas player spot, so Toulouse would have plenty of scope to bring a few in from the NRL if and when players become available throughout the season. Gadwin Springer is also missing.

Junior only got back to France recently and Latrell is coming back from surgery. Might be the same for Gadwin. Still going to be difficult to get someone in such short notice, it will take a while for anyone to fit into the team

11 hours ago, clogdance said:

I'm sure Toulouse can strengthen their squad when they feel the need to. Yes they will miss Ford and Kheirallah (the latter yet to be confirmed). They have afar better chance of my team Leigh of staying in SL. Stronger squad and some teams might be affected by travelling to France and back on the same day (if that's still the procedure).

I seem to remember TO announcing that they are still in discussion with Keirallah.  If so, he’s best left out anyway until it’s all sorted.

Nearly 32 now.  I don’t think he will appeal to any SL teams.

1 hour ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Tony Gigot has been named Toulouse captain, a smart move imo, he can be inconsistent but he can also be a big game match winner, like when he won the Lance Todd Trophy in the Challenge Cup Final. Toulouse will need Tony Gigot to step up and fill the void Jonathan Ford has left at Stand Off. 

With Maxime Puesch as vice-captain.

12 hours ago, clogdance said:

Leigh have 0 chance of staying in Super League, they are definitely a Championship club for 2022. 

3 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Leigh have 0 chance of staying in Super League, they are definitely a Championship club for 2022. 

That’s next-level linguistic pedantry 🙄

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

48 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

oh kev, kev ,kev.

Do you not think that maybe, just maybe, this forum isn't really suited for your erm, "talent for writing" ?

For the sake of ALL of us would you like to showcase your skills elsewhere?

I hear @mumsnet are taking on.

Who is going tomorrow? I will be there with Mrs Kiggy.

Let's hope we can get through tomorrow without any long term injuries...and also for the Toulouse team.

Interesting seeing the two Marseille lads in opposition Matthieu Laguerre for the Dragons and his younger brother Benjamin who also plays in the backs. Also young winger Etienne Depeyre should have his first run out in the blue & white. He has some pace that lad.      

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

I think they'll just show highlights on their web-site post match

You can normerly follow their games live on their Facebook

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

16 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Tony Gigot has been named Toulouse captain, a smart move imo, he can be inconsistent but he can also be a big game match winner, like when he won the Lance Todd Trophy in the Challenge Cup Final. Toulouse will need Tony Gigot to step up and fill the void Jonathan Ford has left at Stand Off. 

He wont be a match winner against Cats.

He might though become the Toulouse worm catching champion for the season, as he will have plenty of game time stood behind them sticks !

3 hours ago, Snowys Backside said:

He wont be a match winner against Cats.

He might though become the Toulouse worm catching champion for the season, as he will have plenty of game time stood behind them sticks !

I’m sure Toulouse will get more than the 2 wins Leigh managed last year. The result of a pre season friendly isn’t really too important, it’s from the Huddersfield fixture on the 12th Feb that results start to count.

31 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Catalans 26 - 10 Toulouse 

A respectable score line, it’s looks like Toulouse won’t be the easy beats some of our small time club supporters are desperately hoping they will be. 

Not a bad game. I'm not sure Catalans sweated too much though, they picked up the pace when they needed to. It was interesting Toulouse scoring first and at 14-10 with a missed conversation looked closer than it should.

I thought Hankinson had a good game as did Armitage. The latter if he can find some more aggression could have an outstanding season. 

Joussaum's injury is a big blow as he had his best pre-season training so far.

All things considered with what has happened in the last couple of weeks and having to quickly move players into different positions it was a performance that shows promise.

Archived