Toulouse imploding

Great news. Experience will be key for TO this year. The loss of Ford is less of an issue with Kheillerah back in play. 

Any confirmation if they’ve lost anyone else? If Vaivai, Springer et al are available, the disruption isn’t too great. TO may well remain competitive.

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, DoubleD said:

Well looks like Kheirallah might be featuring this weekend and this season after all, judging by his insta account. He got covid in January and so presumably proof of recovery is sufficient 

Only a 4 month pass. He still needs to be vaccinated for the future. And if he refuses to do that I am sure the club won't play him as it would be too much to invest in him knowing they have to change the team in 4 months time

2 hours ago, DoubleD said:

Well looks like Kheirallah might be featuring this weekend and this season after all, judging by his insta account. He got covid in January and so presumably proof of recovery is sufficie

Double post

54 minutes ago, Leonard said:

Losing Ford is a bonus. Never SL quality.

I think he was, and other SL clubs did as they tried to lure him away from TO.

Moot point, as we will never know now.

12 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

I think at the Dragons last week Toulouse only used 17 players and the Dragons 23/25.

They will pick up some wins for sure in the summer especially nowadays when most teams fly in and out same day (Madness)

Paul

What fact is that based on, that it is madness to fly in and out in a day?  

16 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

I think at the Dragons last week Toulouse only used 17 players and the Dragons 23/25.

They will pick up some wins for sure in the summer especially nowadays when most teams fly in and out same day (Madness)

Paul

I'm not sure of this fly-in-fly-out-same-day now. TO won't foot the charter jet as it's too expensive. From a TO perspective they are going back to flying scutter air so will be spending the weekend travelling

1 minute ago, kiggy said:

I think he was, and other SL clubs did as they tried to lure him away from TO.

Moot point, as we will never know now.

Which SL club was in for Ford? 

By his own admission, he said he didn't want to conform to the covid & Club requirements due to it affecting his chosen lifestyle.  

18 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

What fact is that based on, that it is madness to fly in and out in a day?  

So (According to one club) leave home at 6 airport 7/8 depart 8-30 arrive in France 12 (Remember + 1 hour)  match 3/4/5 o clock.

Old days it was a nice 3 days at the golf club in St Cyprien fly in Thursday leave Sunday.

Paul

20 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

So (According to one club) leave home at 6 airport 7/8 depart 8-30 arrive in France 12 (Remember + 1 hour)  match 3/4/5 o clock.

Old days it was a nice 3 days at the golf club in St Cyprien fly in Thursday leave Sunday.

Paul

And sometimes, later, 1800ish kick offs.

I never saw clubs arriving on a thursday for a Saturday game.  Friday, normally. 

4 days costs for a group of players and backroom staff (28?) is a big hit and i think it was just that.  Cost. 

34 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

And sometimes, later, 1800ish kick offs.

I never saw clubs arriving on a thursday for a Saturday game.  Friday, normally. 

4 days costs for a group of players and backroom staff (28?) is a big hit and i think it was just that.  Cost. 

Once now 2 times a year, come on its either Super League or Mickey Mouse League 30 staff max for 3 nights including flights will be around 12/15K if a club moans at that they they really should not be in SL simple as that.

Paul

2 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Once now 2 times a year, come on its either Super League or Mickey Mouse League 30 staff max for 3 nights including flights will be around 12/15K if a club moans at that they they really should not be in SL simple as that.

Paul

Cost of a charter flight in-out is around 30k. Much cheaper staying a couple of nights with hotels and normal flights. 

14 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Paul

You’ve quoted a fair few things in your time on here Paul without substance when asked so it’s quite reasonable to be challenged when saying it’s madness to fly in and out in a day.

Clubs might just consider that player recovery is not as jeopardised as was once thought of the 1 day trips.  They might also have considered whether players lazing around a golf hotel/club or hotel in Spain was good for retaining energy levels.  
Some clubs complained about the Mas DHuston noise levels from late events that were not notified to them.

14 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Paul

Indeed. How do Welsh, northern Irish, Estonian, Moldovan etc clubs afford to fly all over far flung parts of Europe for early round uefa cup games yet SL clubs can’t make two trips to France each year without someone else paying for them. 

33 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Indeed. How do Welsh, northern Irish, Estonian, Moldovan etc clubs afford to fly all over far flung parts of Europe for early round uefa cup games yet SL clubs can’t make two trips to France each year without someone else paying for them. 

TBF Eddie, my response was to Paul’s ‘madness’ comment of flying in and out in a day, when for some clubs it isn’t.  

Whether its ‘mickey mouse’ or not, that was just a deflection on my point.

Ignoring the recent Covid years,  if we consider 2019 season under (year of Camp Nou game) Hull, Hull KR and London (twice) beat Cats at Brutus.  2018 season they lost 4 games then 2017 it was 7 losses at home.  The improvements for Catalans have come about during the appointment of McNamara from late 2018 onwards.

I think the reason Clubs only go for a day now is a balance of cost and the medical staff/physio advice, based on player performance, so really, far from ‘madness’.

11 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

TBF Eddie, my response was to Paul’s ‘madness’ comment of flying in and out in a day, when for some clubs it isn’t.  

Whether its ‘mickey mouse’ or not, that was just a deflection on my point.

Ignoring the recent Covid years,  if we consider 2019 season under (year of Camp Nou game) Hull, Hull KR and London (twice) beat Cats at Brutus.  2018 season they lost 4 games then 2017 it was 7 losses at home.  The improvements for Catalans have come about during the appointment of McNamara from late 2018 onwards.

I think the reason Clubs only go for a day now is a balance of cost and the medical staff/physio advice, based on player performance, so really, far from ‘madness’.

I really doubt that the medical/physio advice favours an early start,getting through the airport,spending 2.5 hrs sat on an airliner in a pressurised atmosphere & then playing a game of high level professional sport a few hours later.

13 hours ago, Smudger06 said:

If its good enough for Manchester United et all to nip in and out of Europe  ASAP then its good enough for all.......🤷‍♂️ the flight is the most expensive part so cost not really a factor I don't think. 

But they don’t.

1 hour ago, Lowdesert said:

You’ve quoted a fair few things in your time on here Paul without substance when asked so it’s quite reasonable to be challenged when saying it’s madness to fly in and out in a day.

Clubs might just consider that player recovery is not as jeopardised as was once thought of the 1 day trips.  They might also have considered whether players lazing around a golf hotel/club or hotel in Spain was good for retaining energy levels.  
Some clubs complained about the Mas DHuston noise levels from late events that were not notified to them.

Weddings/functions would be a problem however its a big complex they could have been housed well away from the main building.

All I used to see was a happy band of players lounging by the pool and for those that went back on a Monday a day at the beach however to be fair this was 15 years ago.

With the lack of European and international travel for a top rugby league player i am sure that the majority would be happy with a few days in France:)

Paul

Archived