Toulouse imploding

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, kiggy said:

No he didn't retire. Yes, he left the club.

"By mutual agreement, Toulouse Olympique XIII and Johnathon Ford have decided to terminate the player's engagement with immediate effect"

He did say he was leaving to retire.

Were a bit used to it, as Zeb Taia and Glenn Stewart did the same at Catalans. I'm retiring, going back to Australia... Never mind here's me signing for another club without you having money back.

1 hour ago, Hvy wg said:

He did say he was leaving to retire.

Were a bit used to it, as Zeb Taia and Glenn Stewart did the same at Catalans. I'm retiring, going back to Australia... Never mind here's me signing for another club without you having money back.

Completely wrong.  We spoke with him at the St Cyp golf course.  He wanted to stay but Catalans did not want to retain him so he opted for the Gold Coast.  All agreed before the season finished.

Don’t know about Glen Stuart.  He didn’t do much at Cats anyway and ended up at Leigh I think.

13 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

Completely wrong.  We spoke with him at the St Cyp golf course.  He wanted to stay but Catalans did not want to retain him so he opted for the Gold Coast.  All agreed before the season finished.

Don’t know about Glen Stuart.  He didn’t do much at Cats anyway and ended up at Leigh I think.

Zeb did not want to stay. I don't know what he told you but he made it very clear he did not want to stay with us.

2 hours ago, welshmagpie said:

They’ll make a difference. A good mix of experience, size and pace among that group. 

Better get a wobble on then... 

Still, it is early doors, and to be honest, they only have to finish 11th to stay up. 

3 hours ago, Scubby said:

Maybe Toulouse were waiting until Ford and Kheirallah's salaries were off the books before signing anyone. 

Depends on the terms of their departure. Any contract settlement payments will count on the cap.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

22 hours ago, Derwent said:

Depends on the terms of their departure. Any contract settlement payments will count on the cap.

I have a question about the "cap", is it just salaries? or is other spending taken into account such as "undisclosed fees" for signing new players

On 23/02/2022 at 16:14, Lowdesert said:

And as someone who watched him at Leigh I can confirm he did even less, a waste of space.

On 23/02/2022 at 18:02, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

It absolutely is, there are 5 clubs all on 0 points, Toulouse are not alone without a win in the first 2 rounds.

Yep, what you state is absolutely, mathematically possible.

No one can accuse you of spouting Shyyyyyte this time !😀

10 minutes ago, Billy King's Boots said:

He's hugely talented, but lazy. Plays when he wants and goes missing for long periods. He's an expensive ornament.

That is a harsh but fair assessment but these type of players can unlock games and get you wins when switched on.

On 27/02/2022 at 12:42, Scubby said:

That is a harsh but fair assessment but these type of players can unlock games and get you wins when switched on.

On 27/02/2022 at 12:31, Billy King's Boots said:

He's hugely talented, but lazy. Plays when he wants and goes missing for long periods. He's an expensive ornament.

He had his best season by far last year. He was extremely fit and switched on, having Casty and Garbutt around him made him raise his game even more. He also brought more to the team than "just" a player. 

I doubt many SL supporters would have seen much Championship rugby, but when you watch a guy week in week out you get to know what they are about. 

Is he (was he) a SL player ? In my mind yes, absolutely. However, it's a moot point as we will never know now.

5 hours ago, kiggy said:

He had his best season by far last year. He was extremely fit and switched on, having Casty and Garbutt around him made him raise his game even more. He also brought more to the team than "just" a player. 

I doubt many SL supporters would have seen much Championship rugby, but when you watch a guy week in week out you get to know what they are about. 

Is he (was he) a SL player ? In my mind yes, absolutely. However, it's a moot point as we will never know now.

He really was a talisman. Not seeing Kheirallah and Ford test themselves in Super League is a big disappointment.

6 hours ago, kiggy said:

I think he would have been targeted in SL both with and without the ball in his hand and I don't think that would suit his game, I am sure in the 10 years he has even in France he would have had the opportunity to test himself at a higher grade, choosing not to do so says something to me about his character.

9 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

... I am sure in the 10 years he has even in France he would have had the opportunity to test himself at a higher grade, choosing not to do so says something to me about his character.

It probably does. But not necessarily in a negative way. Rugby just might not be his highest priority.

Looks like Ford is fishing around for a job and open to any offers:

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/johnathon-ford-super-league-toulouse-23242574

At 32 and with his image somewhat tarnished I seriously doubt we'll see him back in British RL at any level, almost zero chance of joining a SL club.

7 minutes ago, Whippet13 said:

Looks like Ford is fishing around for a job and open to any offers:

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/johnathon-ford-super-league-toulouse-23242574

At 32 and with his image somewhat tarnished I seriously doubt we'll see him back in British RL at any level, almost zero chance of joining a SL club.

Imo both Keirallah and Ford have made a mistake.  Keirallah tried to come back but Houles wasn’t having any of it.  Ford made his own decision and now he has to look after his own interests.

FWIW, I think Keirallah would have been a threat but Ford a liability at this level.

Archived