Toulouse imploding

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

To expensive Booth's, every one in there wears Barbour jackets, corduroy trousers and green Le Chameau wellies.

The mini kegs of Loweswater Gold & the Cumberland sausage at the Penrith one makes a visit worthwhile H if your making any trips to Gods Country this season.

20 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

The mini kegs of Loweswater Gold & the Cumberland sausage at the Penrith one makes a visit worthwhile H if your making any trips to Gods Country this season.

Better than the butcher's in Cleator or there is another good sausage maker in Cockermouth.

I very well may come up for the 'Haven game, but nowadays I use the supporters coaches instead of driving so will be stuck for stopping of anywhere, will you be making the trip to Leigh Miner's with the Hornets?

25 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Yup. Always worth a visit.... I chuck my cool box with ice packs in the car for such a visit😊

3 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

There are two. Oh yes.

If I went to Sellafield on a Thursday or Friday I would get a couple of feet of Cumberland Sausage, put them in the oven to cook and be ready in time for the kick off of the Friday night game, a jar of Colman's English to dip into and a few can's of draught Guinness to wash it down, heavenly. 

9 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Better than the butcher's in Cleator or there is another good sausage maker in Cockermouth.

I very well may come up for the 'Haven game, but nowadays I use the supporters coaches instead of driving so will be stuck for stopping of anywhere, will you be making the trip to Leigh Miner's with the Hornets?

Woodalls down the coast at Waberthwaite are the best but there a plenty of good ones.

If I’m off & if the lad is playing I’ll probably come down,always enjoyed the trip to Miners & the long rivalry & mutual respect between the clubs.

38 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Is there a Booths in Toulouse? 

Asking for a friend.

The marché Victor Hugo is rated one of the best in the world. I've had great times in there.

One year, Campbell was the only director travelling from fev. TO had laid on a reception so Mark invited me n Rich over. There was best oysters, prawns, cheese, charcuterie ever and great wine.... on top of some serious painkillers..... its fair to say I needed to nap before kick off.

The city is awash with good bistros and food shops and a great cafe scene

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

If I went to Sellafield on a Thursday or Friday I would get a couple of feet of Cumberland Sausage, put them in the oven to cook and be ready in time for the kick off of the Friday night game, a jar of Colman's English to dip into and a few can's of draught Guinness to wash it down, heavenly. 

Steady on 'Arry! 

1 hour ago, Robin Evans said:

The marché Victor Hugo is rated one of the best in the world. I've had great times in there.

One year, Campbell was the only director travelling from fev. TO had laid on a reception so Mark invited me n Rich over. There was best oysters, prawns, cheese, charcuterie ever and great wine.... on top of some serious painkillers..... its fair to say I needed to nap before kick off.

The city is awash with good bistros and food shops and a great cafe scene

The market in Narbonne is very similar to your description, spent some time in there, the food is just wonderful, puts us to shame.

4 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

Yup. Always worth a visit.... I chuck my cool box with ice packs in the car for such a visit😊

If you get the chance visit Tractor Shed brewery in Workington, and Ennerdale brewery in Rowrah. Both very good.

2 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Is there a Booths in Toulouse? 

Asking for a friend.

Non, mais...

Trouver un supermarché et hypermarché à Toulouse ouvert maintenant (pagesjaunes.fr)

47 minutes ago, dkw said:

If you get the chance visit Tractor Shed brewery in Workington, and Ennerdale brewery in Rowrah. Both very good.

Tractor Shed beers are very good, and there is an RL connection of course with the owner being the late great Tom Mitchell’s grandson.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

12 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

The expansion club who were given no central funding and made to pay away teams travel costs. They would of been in Super League 2022 if we were willing to give them a share of the central funding, sadly we opted against that, they averaged 7000+ in the Championship, who knows how big they could of become in Super League. But you’ve got to say going for Leigh instead last year was the right decision, interest in Super League went through the roof with Leigh’s inclusion.

I was listening to the Sadler-Hogan interview, Hogan was at the original Gateshead Thunder Super League club. I was shocked to hear they only received 50% of the central funding compared to other Super League clubs.

Neither Toronto or Gateshead stood a chance without an equal share as Wakefield, Salford and the rest get.  

Catalans are the only expansion club who’ve been given any preferential treatment (exemption from relegation for 3 years) and they are a massive success and now one of our biggest Super League clubs. 

Why do we keep making the same mistakes, give expansion a chance.

Toronto was such a missed opportunity. They could have been the stepping stone to increasing Super Leagues media profile but instead they were seen as an inconvenience.

Catalans had the three years exemption then licensing started so they had nine guaranteed years in Super League and have been competitive more often than not and are as a result. There could have been the chance to do the same with Toulouse  and consolidate a big city presence in the league but lessons are not being learnt.

1 hour ago, Liverpool Rover said:

Toronto was such a missed opportunity. They could have been the stepping stone to increasing Super Leagues media profile but instead they were seen as an inconvenience.

Catalans had the three years exemption then licensing started so they had nine guaranteed years in Super League and have been competitive more often than not and are as a result. There could have been the chance to do the same with Toulouse  and consolidate a big city presence in the league but lessons are not being learnt.

Indeed , they should have put them into SL instead of HKR 

Archived