PLAYERS REGISTRATION FEE!!!

Just wondering, what has been the reaction at your club to the £24.00 registration fee being imposed by the RFL on all amateur players.

We have not had one positive response in fact totally the opposite with many saying they are not going to bother.

How are clubs going about paying this fee, we gave our players a few options from paying it direct to the RFL to selling a couple of football cards each to family, friends and work colleagues.

I would like to hear of any other options being used by other clubs.

Regards

Marauders

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

55 minutes ago, Impartial Observer said:

I would be amazed if there is a positive response though the players I have spoken to at Milford have paid it and weren't that bothered about it, one said it isn't even the cost of a good night out.

Why do people get from clubs where they pay a registration fee to them along with subs which has been going on for years?

We pay subs and a registration fee (Have done for years) We have players who are saying the same regarding a night out or even a game of golf, but we also have a large group who are moaning about the extra £24.00 fee/tax.

My question was how have/are other clubs going about dressing it up to present to their players.

2 hours ago, Marauder said:

We pay subs and a registration fee (Have done for years) We have players who are saying the same regarding a night out or even a game of golf, but we also have a large group who are moaning about the extra £24.00 fee/tax.

My question was how have/are other clubs going about dressing it up to present to their players.

The key for me is that there has to be a change of mechanism for administrating the community game, as a result of the Sport England dictat for all NGBs. We should be lucky in some sense as a sport that this levy has not, until now, been placed on RL clubs in the same way as other NGBs have done for a number of years.

Ultimately, the RFL don't have the money, and therefore it needs to be generated somehow.

What will be interesting is to see what the perception is next year when it is required again? Will players (and clubs) feel it has been value for money? Clubs have a responsibility to at least be neutral over these plans in their communication with players, but some have been far from that in their social media. That certainly won't help.

7 hours ago, Archie Gordon said:

We opted out of the individual levy at the point of registration and will pay for the registrations in aggregate as a club. We've increased the subs a bit to reflect this. Not sure if this was the best way to do it.

Did any other club on here do the same? 

To me the club collection route always made sense. if only because you got the Bill in March and could meanwhile register everyone.

Reliably told that  £100k +  in subs / reg fees already paid and little opposition. The players know they are getting value for money.

13 hours ago, del capo said:

To me the club collection route always made sense. if only because you got the Bill in March and could meanwhile register everyone.

Reliably told that  £100k +  in subs / reg fees already paid and little opposition. The players know they are getting value for money.

There’s little opposition as the clubs voices went unheard as usual throughout the ‘do as I say’ consultation.  

This is a ‘pay to play tax’ and clubs know they have no other choice but to fork up, many clubs paying out of their own funds in an attempt to maintain player numbers.

I'm sure the regional managements will be interested to see a complete breakdown of income and expenditures at the end of this season along with participation numbers to fully examine what (if any), this ‘fee’ will have on the game.

The report should also include a breakdown of numbers from Clubs paying the registration fees against those clubs that reply on players to register and play.

be an interesting read IF they would ever publish it in that form, but I’m sure numbers will just be ‘grouped’ together in one report as usual to show the scheme has been a success.

1 hour ago, Death to the Rah Rah's said:

There’s little opposition as the clubs voices went unheard as usual throughout the ‘do as I say’ consultation.  

This is a ‘pay to play tax’ and clubs know they have no other choice but to fork up, many clubs paying out of their own funds in an attempt to maintain player numbers.

I'm sure the regional managements will be interested to see a complete breakdown of income and expenditures at the end of this season along with participation numbers to fully examine what (if any), this ‘fee’ will have on the game.

The report should also include a breakdown of numbers from Clubs paying the registration fees against those clubs that reply on players to register and play.

be an interesting read IF they would ever publish it in that form, but I’m sure numbers will just be ‘grouped’ together in one report as usual to show the scheme has been a success.

The expenditure is already out there _ £700k -  a figure chewed over by NCL guys with skills sets better than most in pro RL and give or take  a few 10 thousands  a fair sum. The income- you call it a tax -  is simply to try to offset some of that.

In France to play our game it seems you have to pay to the Governing body a licence fee starting at 100 Euros whatever your age....

Value for money ? When you actually have to start to pay for it - absolutely.......

1 hour ago, Death to the Rah Rah's said:

The term pay to play tax is interesting as what do you call the 'signing on' fees, as well as subs,  clubs have charged for seasons which no one seems to be able justify and say what the money was used for. I know a couple of clubs told parents that the fee was going to rfl which needed some explaining now. Maurader what does the fee pay for at your club?

13 minutes ago, Impartial Observer said:

The term pay to play tax is interesting as what do you call the 'signing on' fees, as well as subs,  clubs have charged for seasons which no one seems to be able justify and say what the money was used for. I know a couple of clubs told parents that the fee was going to rfl which needed some explaining now. Maurader what does the fee pay for at your club?

Our £35.00 signing on fee & £5.00 match fee for the players on the team sheet went towards

·       Referee

·       Pitch rental (In our case maintenance)

·       Laundry

·       Refreshments

·       Insurance

·       League registration fee

·       Coach

·       Physio

·       Training equipment

·       Match Balls

·       Any fines (No had any for a couple of seasons)

·       First aid

·       Presentation night trophies

·       Stationary

To name the basic requirements so it's OK to bang another £24.00 per player on top, that £24.00 will most likely end up coming out of the clubs funds, last year we had 63 I believe signed on, that would be an extra £1,512.00 to be found, this year we'll be operating with between 30 or 40 at the best, it's looking like us having to find an extra £720.00 to £960.00 to function in the black, this has now become more stressful than running my own business and to be honest, do I really need it.

The time I spend over 12 months chasing what used to be an hobby could be spent earning me another £60,000.00 easily, maybe as much as £100,000.00. 

So do the people running the game really care about the small club or do they only want the well established clubs, do we really need all the bureaucracy just to get a team on the park for a knock about, I'm beginning to feel the weight of the straw on my back and I have six good committee members who will do a lot of the running when pointed in the required direction.

1 hour ago, del capo said:

So because Tom and Dick charge an extra fee to play does Harry have to and which route becomes the most attractive to the family with six kids, we should be making the sport easier to participate in for all because true to form the £24.00 will be £30.00 next season as the management become dependant on the fee and by 2025 you'll not be getting any change out of £50.00. 

54 minutes ago, Marauder said:

Our £35.00 signing on fee & £5.00 match fee for the players on the team sheet went towards

·       Referee

·       Laundry

·       Refreshments

·       Insurance

·       Coach

·       Physio

·       Match Balls

·       First aid

·       Stationary

To name the basic requirements so it's OK to bang another £24.00 per player on top, that £24.00 will most likely end up coming out of the clubs funds, last year we had 63 I believe signed on, that would be an extra £1,512.00 to be found, this year we'll be operating with between 30 or 40 at the best, it's looking like us having to find an extra £720.00 to £960.00 to function in the black, this has now become more stressful than running my own business and to be honest, do I really need it.

The time I spend over 12 months chasing what used to be an hobby could be spent earning me another £60,000.00 easily, maybe as much as £100,000.00. 

So do the people running the game really care about the small club or do they only want the well established clubs, do we really need all the bureaucracy just to get a team on the park for a knock about, I'm beginning to feel the weight of the straw on my back and I have six good committee members who will do a lot of the running when pointed in the required direction.

that seems very reasonable though some clubs charges a signing off fee plus subs of £24 per month

1 hour ago, Marauder said:

·       Referee

·       Laundry

·       Refreshments

·       Insurance

·       Coach

·       Physio

·       Match Balls

·       First aid

·       Stationary

I totally get it Marauder

More than a few of us on here would be  worth a million but for our folly in supporting TTG at our levels.

At the end of the day - is it worth it ? Forget the Gods above us.  You bet it is....

Yesterday at Leigh Miners they were twittering that it was £2 per pint

So £2 quid a month can't be the end of the world

2 hours ago, del capo said:

I totally get it Marauder

More than a few of us on here would be  worth a million but for our folly in supporting TTG at our levels.

At the end of the day - is it worth it ? Forget the Gods above us.  You bet it is....

Yesterday at Leigh Miners they were twittering that it was £2 per pint

So £2 quid a month can't be the end of the world

Sound like the government that puts a penny on this, then on that, not forgetting a little bit there and a bit here, not a lot individually but when it's all coming out of the same pay packet it can hurt a lot. 

The £24 has made a few of my mates pack in, late in their 'careers' they've just wrapped it up. Me personally I was packing in anyways a bit too old now, however I'm still involved coaching.  If I was younger I'd pay it cause I'd wanna play, but the benefits they were offering as regards the discounts on tickets/merch etc were pointless I wouldn't have em given if I'm honest 

Bribery pay or don't play, can't  be put any clearer.

Players are not interested is what happens behind the scenes with all the things that marauder mentions or cheap RFL offers. It is down to am I interested enough to pay more to play.

Only time will tell.

11 hours ago, chisholm said:

Bribery pay or don't play, can't  be put any clearer.

Players are not interested is what happens behind the scenes with all the things that marauder mentions or cheap RFL offers. It is down to am I interested enough to pay more to play.

Only time will tell.

Some people don't seem to grasp the fact we still have a lot of people who are out of work or are in employment that results in them living hand to mouth.

The rfl have learned how to get what they want over the years, divide and conquer,  kept the leagues and clubs in the dark and pushed ahead. But at the end of the day the clubs and leagues except NWC youth have let them walk all over them, and all supported by the once great BARLA.

1 hour ago, JMB said:

The rfl have learned how to get what they want over the years, divide and conquer,  kept the leagues and clubs in the dark and pushed ahead. But at the end of the day the clubs and leagues except NWC youth have let them walk all over them, and all supported by the once great BARLA.

Sorry to say BARLA have no say these days,  they didn't have meeting and voted by email counted by their leader (Who was always right)

3 hours ago, Marauder said:

Sorry to say BARLA have no say these days,  they didn't have meeting and voted by email counted by their leader (Who was always right)

But they were at the community board meetings when the payment registration  system was being discussed and never objected or consulted with any of the clubs on this issue, 

20 hours ago, JMB said:

But they were at the community board meetings when the payment registration  system was being discussed and never objected or consulted with any of the clubs on this issue, 

How many are on the community board, BARLA have 1, RFL have or at the time had a guy in Kent and another in somewhere like Telford, those 2 together could out vote BARLA on any subject.

18 hours ago, Marauder said:

How many are on the community board, BARLA have 1, RFL have or at the time had a guy in Kent and another in somewhere like Telford, those 2 together could out vote BARLA on any subject.

But when the BARLA rep  dose not object or asks anything??? look at the community board minutes and you will see. The youth rep for north west is from Newcastle, and she has never once contacted the leagues or clubs asking for what they think about the proposal, in fact I'm not sure if she has ever had any contact with the leagues or clubs since she was voted in, another puppet. 

58 minutes ago, JMB said:

But when the BARLA rep  dose not object or asks anything??? look at the community board minutes and you will see. The youth rep for north west is from Newcastle, and she has never once contacted the leagues or clubs asking for what they think about the proposal, in fact I'm not sure if she has ever had any contact with the leagues or clubs since she was voted in, another puppet. 

Who actually votes these people in who live hundreds of miles away from where the action (OK) is happening

Archived