PLAYERS REGISTRATION FEE!!!

West Cumbria youth, carl, Carlisle, and Barrow will have voted them in, all because they were the only ones to vote for, plus all the good rugby volunteers have full time jobs and wouldn't be able to attend these meetings that are now in  Manchester through the day. 

On 30/01/2022 at 10:52, Marauder said:

Our £35.00 signing on fee & £5.00 match fee for the players on the team sheet went towards

·       Referee

·       Pitch rental (In our case maintenance)

·       Laundry

·       Refreshments

·       Insurance

·       League registration fee

·       Coach

·       Physio

·       Training equipment

·       Match Balls

·       Any fines (No had any for a couple of seasons)

·       First aid

·       Presentation night trophies

·       Stationary

To name the basic requirements so it's OK to bang another £24.00 per player on top, that £24.00 will most likely end up coming out of the clubs funds, last year we had 63 I believe signed on, that would be an extra £1,512.00 to be found, this year we'll be operating with between 30 or 40 at the best, it's looking like us having to find an extra £720.00 to £960.00 to function in the black, this has now become more stressful than running my own business and to be honest, do I really need it.

The time I spend over 12 months chasing what used to be an hobby could be spent earning me another £60,000.00 easily, maybe as much as £100,000.00. 

So do the people running the game really care about the small club or do they only want the well established clubs, do we really need all the bureaucracy just to get a team on the park for a knock about, I'm beginning to feel the weight of the straw on my back and I have six good committee members who will do a lot of the running when pointed in the required direction.

Have you banged in a claim for the Covid Survival Fund? That could well help you balance the books given the lean last couple of years? Easy form, RFL community team really helpful, quick turnaround, money given.

3 hours ago, Northern Eel said:

Have you banged in a claim for the Covid Survival Fund? That could well help you balance the books given the lean last couple of years? Easy form, RFL community team really helpful, quick turnaround, money given.

We have but what about next year £30 the year after £35 the year after, will there be a year after, we've seen clubs go from 2 or 3 open age teams plus under 18s to running 1 team

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

6 hours ago, Marauder said:

We have but what about next year £30 the year after £35 the year after, will there be a year after, we've seen clubs go from 2 or 3 open age teams plus under 18s to running 1 team

At least you’ve had some support then from the very team of people this fund will salary. That’s a good first step in recognising some comeback for the dollars.

Everyone is feeling the squeeze. Agreed. I suppose my question is where the money is going to come from without an NGB membership scheme? Do football clubs have a similar problem? The FA is loaded, but it doesn’t seem to hinder participation? 

9 hours ago, Northern Eel said:

At least you’ve had some support then from the very team of people this fund will salary. That’s a good first step in recognising some comeback for the dollars.

Everyone is feeling the squeeze. Agreed. I suppose my question is where the money is going to come from without an NGB membership scheme? Do football clubs have a similar problem? The FA is loaded, but it doesn’t seem to hinder participation? 

Not sure, I fell out of love with football once I left the army.

Regarding the squeeze and it's going to get worse, I personally would prefer to have 60 players signed on and available even if it's a phone call to one of them that we are short than 30 and having that stressful feeling of are they going to turn up (that's just my own players).

The clubs treasurer and myself have been chasing around this week just trying to get sponsorship in to cover the RFL tax, our aim was to get enough for 30 players as that's around the mark we'll get this season, this money is what would have enable us to compete with other local sports,; we've got 5 of our 8 home games match balls sponsored, new kit sponsored and bought by the main sponsor, we've sold both sleeve, above the number and below the number on the back, As an epic fundraiser, we are commissioning a unique shirt design for the new season. Players, or administrators of the club both past and present are invited to have their names incorporated into the new shirt for only £20. Bargain!

new shirt 2022 (2).jpg

2 minutes ago, Marauder said:

Not sure, I fell out of love with football once I left the army.

Regarding the squeeze and it's going to get worse, I personally would prefer to have 60 players signed on and available even if it's a phone call to one of them that we are short than 30 and having that stressful feeling of are they going to turn up (that's just my own players).

The clubs treasurer and myself have been chasing around this week just trying to get sponsorship in to cover the RFL tax, our aim was to get enough for 30 players as that's around the mark we'll get this season, this money is what would have enable us to compete with other local sports,; we've got 5 of our 8 home games match balls sponsored, new kit sponsored and bought by the main sponsor, we've sold both sleeve, above the number and below the number on the back, As an epic fundraiser, we are commissioning a unique shirt design for the new season. Players, or administrators of the club both past and present are invited to have their names incorporated into the new shirt for only £20. Bargain!

Excellent work, and of course that’s the sort of stuff that our community clubs have to do to survive in normal times too.

Hopefully those chucking in the £20 each for a name on the shirt will feel they are getting better value than the £24 some of them have been asked to pay for registration.

Keep up the good work - it’s not easy. 

6 minutes ago, Northern Eel said:

Excellent work, and of course that’s the sort of stuff that our community clubs have to do to survive in normal times too.

Hopefully those chucking in the £20 each for a name on the shirt will feel they are getting better value than the £24 some of them have been asked to pay for registration.

Keep up the good work - it’s not easy. 

They can also purchase replica shirts (playing standard, no number) £45.00

• 3 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Archie Gordon said:

I understand that the RFL has now switched off the links allowing players to register for free and the clubs to pick up the tab. Was anyone else not expecting this? 

Clubs have been well aware of the situation for some time.

Those who ' block signed'  their players will be receiving their invoices  soon ( if not already ).

Clubs can still pick up the tab for new players if they chose , but  now need to meet the registration fee at the point of registration

7 minutes ago, del capo said:

Clubs have been well aware of the situation for some time.

Those who ' block signed'  their players will be receiving their invoices  soon ( if not already ).

Clubs can still pick up the tab for new players if they chose , but  now need to meet the registration fee at the point of registration

We weren't aware that the block signing of players was time limited. We thought we'd be involved in March and then again later. Maybe we should have paid closer attention then.

None of these emails can have registered with me. Every email I've looked at doesn't mention the time limitation, neither do the FAQs. I think it's madness. We've now got the first lot of our players paying different subs to any that register from now on. 

I don't doubt that I've missed something somewhere along the line but the time limitation should have been in every message. Having a time limitation is just crazy anyway. Not making it crystal clear is crazier still. I'm already in a bad mood today but I feel like packing it in.

4 hours ago, Archie Gordon said:

None of these emails can have registered with me. Every email I've looked at doesn't mention the time limitation, neither do the FAQs. I think it's madness. We've now got the first lot of our players paying different subs to any that register from now on. 

I don't doubt that I've missed something somewhere along the line but the time limitation should have been in every message. Having a time limitation is just crazy anyway. Not making it crystal clear is crazier still. I'm already in a bad mood today but I feel like packing it in.

I'm not sure how you have managed to get different sets of players paying different  subs Archie.

There have been a number of e mails and webinar / zoom meetings covering this  over the months.

Most competitions actually kick off  next saturday and clubs should have the vast parts of their squads registered  by now.

If you help a club from a development area or one new to the party then speak to the RFL Development team. They may be able to assist......

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/02/2022 at 14:02, Archie Gordon said:

We weren't aware that the block signing of players was time limited. We thought we'd be involved in March and then again later. Maybe we should have paid closer attention then.

We didn't get that much notice really and sorting an amateur team out to get players registered whilst also doing a full time job isn't that easy especially if some of your players went to play in the winter in the Pennine and with the local union club.

On 26/02/2022 at 20:30, del capo said:

I'm not sure how you have managed to get different sets of players paying different  subs Archie.

There have been a number of e mails and webinar / zoom meetings covering this  over the months.

Most competitions actually kick off  next saturday and clubs should have the vast parts of their squads registered  by now.

If you help a club from a development area or one new to the party then speak to the RFL Development team. They may be able to assist......

Up to last Friday I think we had 4 or 5 signed on, today we have 23, with 5 of our better players still to sign,

We lost 5 of our regulars from last season to other clubs, 2 to Bentley (One scored their very first try in the NCL and kicked 4 goals) 2 to Toll Bar and 1 signed for Doncaster RLFC.

On the up side we have 4 new players signing, 1 from Dearne Valley Bulldogs, 2 union lads and the forth was a regular centre/2nd row for us that didn't play last season.

Our biggest losses are Danny Hornsby to Bentley, who is a work horse in the pack and Dean Roberts to Doncaster, who has a high work rate and scores tries for fun.

Overall we should be around the same standard as last season.

50 minutes ago, Archie Gordon said:

Good to hear, Marauder.

I've got over my bad mood now and, I should say, the RFL have helped us out a fair bit. The last week has been a pain (on top of a real job, as you say) but our registrations are coming through in good numbers.

My go to Guy for the YML does a fantastic job and is very helpful, call me old fashioned but I can never remember and problems when we had a signing on night (normally a Sunday) then the forms got into the post box Monday morning.

On 13/03/2022 at 12:24, topcentre21 said:

I maybe wrong but wasn't part of the reason the registration fee was introduced was because Sport England had withdrawn their funding?

RFL announced they have received just shy of 12 million pound from Sport England this week.

Yes, you’re not quite right. It was a stipulation from Sport England to become more self-sustaining in order to continue receiving funding. This included aligning an RFL membership fee with other NGBs. 

Archived