RL on Channel 4

dkw

First 4 fixtures announced.

Leeds Rhinos v Warrington Wolves Betfred Super League Sat 12th February 12:30pm

Hull FC v St Helens Betfred Super League Sat 19th February 12:30pm

Warrington Wolves v Wakefield Trinity Wildcats Betfred Super League Sat 19th March 12:30pm

Wigan Warriors v Salford Red Devils Betfred Super League Sun 24th April 1:00pm

The promo is excellent.

• Like 14

Looking at the first 4 games I do think they are a good mix and can portray the sport in a positive light. All 4 games are played at the homes of our biggest clubs, in some of our finest stadiums and should be fairly well attended. They should all look great on TV.

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, Damien said:

Looking at the first 4 games I do think they are a good mix and can portray the sport in a positive light. All 4 games are played at the homes of our biggest clubs, in some of our finest stadiums and should be fairly well attended. They should all look great on TV.

My only issue/worry is the amount of empty seats at Hull and Wigan we’ve seen on Sky in recent years. It’s not a great look, hopefully all parties do something to make it look more aesthetically pleasing. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, voteronniegibbs said:

Yep. I'm looking forward to this. Great advert. And the time slots for broadcasting are decent for those who can watch them before going to their own clubs game. 

It’s a great slot. Football at that time on a Saturday is typically behind a paywall on BT (and the two Premier League fixtures on for the first two weeks aren’t exactly massive games) and the Championship gets slots on Sky at that time and there’s normally a lack of live sport on free to air at that time, barring Union and Horse Racing presently. 

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, voteronniegibbs said:

Yep. I'm looking forward to this. Great advert. And the time slots for broadcasting are decent for those who can watch them before going to their own clubs game. 

Yes very decent from a fan point of view too. Saturday mid day is a lot more accessible for many fans than what we see on a Thursday or Friday night for Sky matches, which is a nightmare for many. It could work out really well.

3 hours ago, dkw said:

First 4 fixtures announced.

Leeds Rhinos v Warrington Wolves Betfred Super League Sat 12th February 12:30pm

Hull FC v St Helens Betfred Super League Sat 19th February 12:30pm

Warrington Wolves v Wakefield Trinity Wildcats Betfred Super League Sat 19th March 12:30pm

Wigan Warriors v Salford Red Devils Betfred Super League Sun 24th April 1:00pm

The promo is excellent.

Gonna be weird having a Rhinos match not at 8pm fri night

14 minutes ago, Jughead said:

It’s a great slot. Football at that time on a Saturday is typically behind a paywall on BT (and the two Premier League fixtures on for the first two weeks aren’t exactly massive games) and the Championship gets slots on Sky at that time and there’s normally a lack of live sport on free to air at that time, barring Union and Horse Racing presently. 

Yep there is nothing on Saturday morning/afternoons other than rubbish cookery programmes

12 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Should be a good first game to kick off with .

It should be a belter, I tried to find any info about a weekly magazine programme as I remember it being mentioned when the partnership was announced. I hope they get good viewing figures, it could have a big impact on the sport.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Should be a good first game to kick off with .

In fairness, the four games selected for television that weekend are, on paper at least, interesting games; Saints v Catalans, KR v Wigan, Leeds v Wire and Toulouse v Huddersfield. Those that have Premier also then have Fev v Leigh as a warm up to Saints v Catalans and round the weekend off with Leigh v Bradford. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

When these games are played I hope lots of us contact C4 on social media to thank them and show them how interested we are in supporting their channel for doing this. The more we let them know how much we like watching proper rugby, the more they will continue showing it.

• Like 2

Jam Eater  1.(noun. jam eeter) A Resident of Whitehaven or Workington. Offensive.  It is now a term of abuse that both towns of West Cumbria use for each other especially at Workington/Whitehaven rugby league derby matches.

St Albans Centurions Website 

58 minutes ago, Dallas Mead said:

Great for the game this. Let’s promote the bejesus out of this…PLEASE!

Spot on and that includes everyone on Twitter liking and retweeting C4 tweets.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jamescolin said:

What is the schedule for them showing Championship games?

Channel 4 don’t show Championship RL, Premier Sports do. 

12 minutes ago, Exiled Townie said:

When these games are played I hope lots of us contact C4 on social media to thank them and show them how interested we are in supporting their channel for doing this. The more we let them know how much we like watching proper rugby, the more they will continue showing it.

Engaging via social media and use of hashtags will be as key as actually watching the games live. 

• Like 1

• John Drake changed the title to RL on Channel 4
1 hour ago, Liverpool Rover said:

When it was first announced that Channel 4 was showing games that they would have to make do with what games were left after Sky had chosen their games, but looking at their schedule it seems that Channel 4 does have some first picks.

I think they have been savvy in the scheduling to make sure there are 3 "big games" on each weekend Channel 4 are broadcasting.

• Like 2

Warrington offered 500 coach places for a quid each. Those appear to have gone so they have offered another 500 places, again for a quid.

• Like 10

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

17 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Warrington offered 500 coach places for a quid each. Those appear to have gone so they have offered another 500 places, again for a quid.

Brilliant stuff, warringtons promotional efforts are to be admired. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Excellent, it looks like the clubs have all committed to make this a success whether it's their home game or not.

(Although slightly dispiriting that we still seem to be rediscovering initiatives that were a success years ago (Cas, jungle.com, at the Valley) and being surprised that they work. )

• Like 3