RL on Channel 4

dkw

24 minutes ago, fighting irish said:

For some reason (can you explain?) the window greys out, when I try to play it.

Are you in the UK and/or using a VPN?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

4 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Are you in the UK and/or using a VPN?

i'm in south wales (UK) but i dont know what a VPN is. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Bound to be a big crowd at Headingley, and with the home fans singing 'Marching On Together' etc and a good away support, it's sure to create a great first impression. 

Me and the family are booked into 4 seats in the North stand....looking forward to seeing history made

Edited by Bedfordshire Bronco
  • Like 7

19 hours ago, M j M said:

Game 1 sales not looking too bad (although amber in this plan involves more than you'd expect) -

Screenshot-20220123-201353.png

According to that colour chart there's loads of space on the pitch... let's hope it's mostly in the Leeds defence 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Josef K said:

Another question as well GR, how do you put a YouTube link on here ?. 

Answering initially with another question - are you using a smartphone or a regular computer?

• Thanks 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

39 minutes ago, Josef K said:

Another question as well GR, how do you put a YouTube link on here ?. 

Using the internet browser on the device you are using:

1.  Search for the YouTube channel;

2.  Use the ‘Copy’ (Ctrl + C or tap on the screen) function and copy the address in your browser bar (it will begin ‘https...’);

3.  Navigate to totalrl.com using the same window or a new tab and in your reply put the cursor;

4. ‘Paste’ (Ctrl + V or tap on the screen) - you will be given the choice to embed YouTube (this will show a video screen) or display as a link (select this if you want to see the address on screen);

• Like 2

On 23/01/2022 at 19:04, Liverpool Rover said:

When it was first announced that Channel 4 was showing games that they would have to make do with what games were left after Sky had chosen their games, but looking at their schedule it seems that Channel 4 does have some first picks.

I think that's because Sky have a contract to show all clubs a minimum number of times, to fulfill that they can't always pick the weekends best games, hence CH4 can pick off some tasty games, though Sky will pick up the bigger ones.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

1 hour ago, Padge said:

I think that's because Sky have a contract to show all clubs a minimum number of times, to fulfill that they can't always pick the weekends best games, hence CH4 can pick off some tasty games, though Sky will pick up the bigger ones.

Channel 4 matches are always second choice picks from that particular round.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Bilko said:

Channel 4 matches are always second choice picks from that particular round.

Yes, but Sky cannot, because of reasons I pointed out, always pick the top game of every week. That leaves CH4 open to pick the better game the week they are showing games.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

6 minutes ago, Padge said:

Yes, but Sky cannot, because of reasons I pointed out, always pick the top game of every week. That leaves CH4 open to pick the better game the week they are showing games.

I’d fully expect 4 to be picking games with fat more than a weeks notice. 

21 minutes ago, Jughead said:

I’d fully expect 4 to be picking games with fat more than a weeks notice. 

Sky set out their schedule, CH4 the get the pick of what Sky have left alone, Sky have already put out their schedule, CH4 have picked their first games, they have the advantage in that they can pick any game Sky haven't claimed as the season pans out. Sky do not publish a full seasons fixtures as they want to see who is where later. Its not bloody rocket science.

CH4 have a chance to pick up the surprise packages.

Edited by Padge
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Padge said:

Theres always weeks where sky have some lesser games (I`m trying not to belittle any clubs here) and theres some big games being played, as you say CH4 will get some tasty matches through the season because of this. The first few for example are all belting games, so this helps us armchair fans really as we get to see big games we would normally miss.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Smudger06 said:

True except the business end of the season they will swap games out for games that have title or relegation significance....  

They’ve only got four games left to pick throughout the season so I can’t imagine they’ll swap games, they’ll probably give two weeks notice, especially late in the season. 

• Like 1

On 24/01/2022 at 14:54, Gerrumonside ref said:

watched that game and thought both commentators came over well and were inoffensive - channel4?

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

2 hours ago, RigbyLuger said:

If Riley was back in the mainstream, would questions be asked again? He's under the radar right now.

sorry- not got a clue what any of that means?

Edited by graveyard johnny

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile