RL on Channel 4

dkw

3 hours ago, Eddie said:

To be fair, while he is a living legend for what he’s done over the last year, and as a player in fact, I’d prefer someone not currently involved with Union presenting the RL programme. 

Yes, I know what you mean Ideologically speaking but.... it's how many Leicester fans (and other Rah Rahs) might make a point to watch the game just because of Kevin? Impossible to know of course never mind how many will stick but the point stands. Just hoping we don't get a whistle Fest. Getting quite giddy about it all tbh.

TESTICULI AD  BREXITAM.

33 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Aw Dave, would you feel better if I told you that losing the challenge cup in 2012 made me sad for a week?

How long were you sad for after the 2010 final?

• Haha 2

"I'm a traditionalist and I don"t think you'd ever see me coaching an Australian national side!"  Lee Radford, RLW March 2016

Proud to be a member of the TRL woke claque

36 minutes ago, M j M said:

Now the amber colour is deceptive and I think means something like 50% or more of a section are sold but still it's not looking too bad 9 days out.

20220203-164829.jpg

I think Wire announced they had sold over 1200 the other day, should be a good atmosphere.

Was hoping to make my first away game for a few years, annoyingly it clashes with a trip to the Highlands. 

44 minutes ago, M j M said:

Now the amber colour is deceptive and I think means something like 50% or more of a section are sold but still it's not looking too bad 9 days out.

20220203-164829.jpg

Pleased to see very good availability directly under the posts

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

7 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

They should charge the same entry price for both Saints fans and Hull fans. Are you really trying to justify charging away supporters more than home supporters? I don’t believe any other club does this do they?

Why don't saints fans just go in with the home fans like most RL fans do at games? - we arnt football, we don't need separated behind big fencing 

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

I think Wire announced they had sold over 1200 the other day, should be a good atmosphere.

Was hoping to make my first away game for a few years, annoyingly it clashes with a trip to the Highlands. 

Upper tier of the South Stand?

On 23/01/2022 at 17:31, dkw said:

First 4 fixtures announced.

Leeds Rhinos v Warrington Wolves Betfred Super League Sat 12th February 12:30pm

Hull FC v St Helens Betfred Super League Sat 19th February 12:30pm

Warrington Wolves v Wakefield Trinity Wildcats Betfred Super League Sat 19th March 12:30pm

Wigan Warriors v Salford Red Devils Betfred Super League Sun 24th April 1:00pm

The promo is excellent.

###### kick off times...Yuk

46 minutes ago, EggFace said:

###### kick off times...Yuk

Could be decent kick off times for some amateur clubs - get a few in the bar early to watch Superleague with the game finished just in time for the amateur team kick off, which is usually at 2:30

• Like 6

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

9 hours ago, Cumbrian Fanatic said:

Could be decent kick off times for some amateur clubs - get a few in the bar early to watch Superleague with the game finished just in time for the amateur team kick off, which is usually at 2:30

It's a good idea and works for a lot of non league football clubs. Saturday match at 12.30 gets fans in the bar and then everyone is a jolly old mood come kick off time.

• Thanks 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

I've only just noticed that Sky are showing the Toulouse game next weekend, meaning we have 4 of 6 SL games shown live. 

Catalans games also announced, 9 of 13 shown by Bein with Sky showing them too. 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

It's a great time for the telly.....Will be a lot of people watching it before watching their own rugby or even soccer team

I sort of change my tune as its is only one game but I'm normally busy around that time as I like my Friday evenings and Sunday Afternoons for Pro Rugby...thats why I don't like it with Rugby Union when they have Saturday afternoon games on at the same time the local clubs.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

It looks as though plenty are happy with a Saturday at 12:30pm, it’s certainly more of a family friendly time than 8pm on a Friday 

8pm in the Winter is not nice and yes not family friendly but as I said 12.30pm is not for me personally.