RL on Channel 4

dkw

1 hour ago, Futtocks said:

Blimey, even Radio 4 deigned to mention the start of the season just now, then follow that with an interview with Adam Hills! 🤯

Very good interview. 

They say no one is a prophet in their own country but maybe a prophet from another country can sell the game to a wider British audience. 

• Like 1

Let’s hope it’s a great show between Leeds and Warrington too.

I think the coverage by C4 is bound to evolve a bit over the season as they figure out how best to cover the sport.

I just hope if there are teething issues we don’t see an overreaction from RL fans on social media.

Edited by Gerrumonside ref

1 hour ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

That's a nice read and I do find the prospect of the channel 4 coverage really exciting. It promises sometimes fundamentally different than what we've seen before. I don't think we've ever had that kind of edgy, cool coverage and we certainly have never had it at a nationwide level.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Hope they don't read too much into viewing figures for Saturday.Up against Wales v Scotland other code ,Winter Olympics, and Horse racing from Newbury. 7-30 kick off would have had much less opposition.

Wales v Scotland isn’t until 2.15 - Channel 4 will be hoping to pick up som of those viewers beforehand. Guess we’ll see if that works or not.

The Last Leg tonight has had plenty about Adam Hills' SL gig. They've got the trophy in the studio too.

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

5 minutes ago, voteronniegibbs said:

And even more super league promo to end the show, brilliant.

Now we and he know the treatment he's in for on the touchline, will the Leeds and Warrington fans deliver? :kolobok_biggrin:

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, Big Picture said:

RL as an opening act for RU eh?  Hmmmm.

1. The RU is on a different channel, so C4 are just showing sport without some kind of agenda.

2. If we get anything better than a disastrously poor game from Leeds v Warrington, those viewers choosing to watch both will be able to draw a comparison between Super League skills and the standard expected from the 6 Nations. 

• Like 2

Ralph Waldo Emerson

23 minutes ago, Big Picture said:

RL as an opening act for RU eh?  Hmmmm.

Well yes in way. If you think Leeds v Warrington in RL is bigger than Wales v Scotland in RU in terms of audience and public interest then you’re living in cloud cuckoo land.

I never said though that we were the opening act - only that in terms of scheduling it works and that you’d be hoping to pick up some of that audience for a day of ‘rugby’. 
We should be encouraging newcomers of all sporting persuasions to see how good our sport, and not get wrapped up in billing rights on the movie poster.

Edited by theswanmcr
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, theswanmcr said:

If you think Leeds v Warrington in RL is bigger than Wales v Scotland in RU

Not bigger, just better! :kolobok_biggrin:

• Like 5

Ralph Waldo Emerson

7 hours ago, Futtocks said:

1. The RU is on a different channel, so C4 are just showing sport without some kind of agenda.

2. If we get anything better than a disastrously poor game from Leeds v Warrington, those viewers choosing to watch both will be able to draw a comparison between Super League skills and the standard expected from the 6 Nations. 

Plus if our game is a good one people aren't going to be turning over to watch the Union build up. In fact anyone with any sense will now realise that washing their car or cupranolling the fence is more fun than watching the six nations. 

• Haha 2