RL on Channel 4

dkw

On 15/02/2022 at 20:42, Smudger06 said:

735k C4 v 750k ITV......sounds like our sport is already on the up 👏👍 Saints & Hull players must keep the show rolling and fans in fine voice, loud as can be.....let's gooooo......

What was the 750k game for ITV ?

On 15/02/2022 at 10:51, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Let's hope Hull fans are just last minute buyers and Saints bring a decent following, because at the minute my guess would there will be about 10-11k rattling around in that stadium which won't look quite as impressive on TV as last week did. 

https://hullfc.talent-sport.co.uk/PagesPublic/ProductBrowse/VisualSeatSelection.aspx?stadium=HR&product=202201&campaign=&type=H&productsubtype=&productIsHomeAsAway=N

I think more Saints fans would be making the trip if Hull FC weren’t ripping them off 

• Like 1

On 15/02/2022 at 11:50, Human Punk said:

My take from the coverage was simply how much better it is when there's a commentator who's actually capable of commentating on the game. Compared to C4, Sky's coverage from Toulouse was like watching the game in a pub with 2 blokes next to you chatting about the match (who you wished would shut up), while the occasional commentary amounted to "Fages..(10 second gap)...he's given a try". Truly abysmal.

We don't need a Vossy, just someone who can do a proper commentary. It makes the game seem more exciting, which is great for C4, and any new viewers. Anyone watching RL on Sky for the first time would think it was the dullest game in the world.

I spoke to one of our regular fans about the coverage on Channel 4. He is blind but follows Rugby League live and on TV and radio.

He gave a fantastic assessment on the Channel 4 commentary; he said the game was described like it would have been on a radio broadcast and found it really easy to follow what was happening.

• Like 14

1 hour ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

It says they're getting charged £28 - a pound less than the equivalent seats in the opposite (home) stand, unless i'm missing something? 

I believe tickets for home fans are from £20 for adults and even special offers for this game beyond that. To not make £20 tickets available to Saints fans and only offer them £28 is poor, most fans opt for the cheapest ticket not the most expensive.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

I believe tickets for home fans are from £20 for adults and even special offers for this game beyond that. To not make £20 tickets available to Saints fans and only offer them £28 is poor, most fans opt for the cheapest ticket not the most expensive.

Okay so I've looked into this a bit more and now understand and agree why some Saints fans are aggrieved. I guess Hull will argue the away section is not equivalent seating/viewing to the very small corner section they have on offer at those prices and therefore priced the same as the opposite home end. Also gather there was nothing to stop Saints buying tickets in that area - although I understand why most have probably opted not to.  

As a Leeds fan, i'm sure you recognise the rip that away fans have to pay to come to Headingley - £24 to stand on a terrace with no roof - the same as Home fans are charged for a covered stands and better facilities. £4 more at Hull with a seat and roof doesn't seem all that bad all of a sudden. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Okay so I've looked into this a bit more and now understand and agree why some Saints fans are aggrieved. I guess Hull will argue the away section is not equivalent seating/viewing to the very small corner section they have on offer at those prices and therefore priced the same as the opposite home end. Also gather there was nothing to stop Saints buying tickets in that area - although I understand why most have probably opted not to.  

As a Leeds fan, i'm sure you recognise the rip that away fans have to pay to come to Headingley - £24 to stand on a terrace with no roof - the same as Home fans are charged for a covered stands and better facilities. £4 more at Hull with a seat and roof doesn't seem all that bad all of a sudden. 

The Western Terrace facilities are the same as the East Terrace facilities. The East Stand has a roof but when it rains plenty on the East Stand terrace get wet still. It’s completely fair they are equally priced and not comfortable to Hull. The Equivalent at Leeds would be putting away fans in the East Stand seats and charging them North Stand prices to sit there.

As I said most RL fans opt for the cheapest ticket and Hull are charging away fans an extra £4 compared to Leeds, but the extra £4 won’t stop me attending Leeds away, it’s the principle the home fans are paying less.

• Haha 1

On 17/02/2022 at 14:11, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

The Western Terrace facilities are the same as the East Terrace facilities. The East Stand has a roof but when it rains plenty on the East Stand terrace get wet still. It’s completely fair they are equally priced and not comfortable to Hull. The Equivalent at Leeds would be putting away fans in the East Stand seats and charging them North Stand prices to sit there.

As I said most RL fans opt for the cheapest ticket and Hull are charging away fans an extra £4 compared to Leeds, but the extra £4 won’t stop me attending Leeds away, it’s the principle the home fans are paying less.

Wear a Hull shirt to the game and plead your case in the club shop?

1st 10 minutes of The Last Leg tonight talking about last weeks S//L, also mention the viewing figures a few times, then about Hull tomorrow's game. Great stuff.

He wants a slogan for Hull. So many but not clean ones 🤣🤣

Edited by newbe
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 17/02/2022 at 14:11, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Yes I've been in the East Stand , and got soaked , so basically the 2 ends of Headingley are rubbish 

Paul Sculthorpe doing really well after replacing Sam Tomkins. He is another that always comes across well and is badly under used when it comes to TV. Danika Priim impresses me more everytime I see her too.

It's hard to believe that Sky give the presentation roles to the people they do when there are far better RL personalities out there that come across so much better.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Damien said:

Paul Sculthorpe doing really well after replacing Sam Tomkins. He is another that always comes across well and is badly under used when it comes to TV. Danika Priim impresses me more everytime I see her too.

It's hard to believe that Sky give the presentation roles to the people they do when there are far better RL personalities out there that come across so much better.

I'm not a massive Sky-hater, but it is just nice to see somebody else have a go with different faces and a different approach. It does make Sky look very complacent.

• Like 1

Another good start. Sculthorpe slots in seamlessly and the other three are as good as last week, too. Nice little interview between Roby and Houghton, too. 

The contrast between them and Sky is night and day. Do we know who has replaced Amor on co-comms? He’s not in the Saints side but I can’t see them allowing him to work for 4 instead. 

15 hours ago, newbe said:

1st 10 minutes of The Last Leg tonight talking about last weeks S//L, also mention the viewing figures a few times, then about Hull tomorrow's game. Great stuff.

Sounds like Last Leg is turning into that Super League weekly wrap-up show that everyone would like to see on C4.😉 Will be interesting to see how much coverage it gets once the games are only on monthly. I get the strong impression that Adam Hills is going to find it very hard not to mention League every week, it will be very interesting to see but I expect his passion for the game will make it very hard for him not to be working it in somehow or other.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

Sounds like Last Leg is turning into that Super League weekly wrap-up show that everyone would like to see on C4.😉 Will be interesting to see how much coverage it gets once the games are only on monthly. I get the strong impression that Adam Hills is going to find it very hard not to mention League every week, it will be very interesting to see but I expect his passion for the game will make it very hard for him not to be working it in somehow or other.

I’ve never seen his programme (wouldn’t have known him from Adam last week, if you’ll excuse the pun), but I gather it’s popular so the more he mentions League the better 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maximus Decimus said:

I'm not a massive Sky-hater, but it is just nice to see somebody else have a go with different faces and a different approach. It does make Sky look very complacent.

Danika Priim is excellent, but I could do without Helen Skelton, who is dreadful in everything she does. Never seems to have progressed from presenting Blue Peter.

18 minutes ago, Hopping Mad said:

Danika Priim is excellent, but I could do without Helen Skelton, who is dreadful in everything she does. Never seems to have progressed from presenting Blue Peter.

I’ve never seen any of her programmes but she seems really personable to me, from this and last week.

• Like 1