RL on Channel 4

dkw

I’m really buzzing about RL on Channel 4 and if I had to handpick a broadcast partner it would be them.

I just hope that if they have some initial teething problems with their maiden broadcast that we are not too critical.

That said I expect a slick stylish programme that opens the door to recruiting new fans.

Edited by Gerrumonside ref
  • Like 1

Should be a talking point.

• Haha 2

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

6 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Blimey she’s certainly a well known celebrity, something of a coup I’d say, particularly if she knows much about the game (she was my favourite Spice Girl too 😎). 

It was a joke, and I can’t tell if you’ve realised or not…

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Sammo said:

It was a joke, and I can’t tell if you’ve realised or not…

No I didn’t realise that, I don’t use Twitter and tend to take things that journalists say at face value. Oh well, I wonder who they’ll get instead. 

48 minutes ago, Eddie said:

No I didn’t realise that, I don’t use Twitter and tend to take things that journalists say at face value. Oh well, I wonder who they’ll get instead. 

Scarey Spice is a Leeds Lass I think. So she'll be no use.

• Like 1

TESTICULI AD  BREXITAM.

21 minutes ago, weloveyouwakefield2 said:

This is all really great. Two really well known, national TV presenters in Adam Hills and Helen Skelton with Mark Wilson commentating, who has really impressed me on Premier Sports. Sam Tomkins always comes across really well and is one of our most well known players and Leon Pryce is a good pundit. C4's coverage has great potential and I find the presenting team really exciting. It certainly offers something fresh and vibrant compared to what we see on the BBC and in particular Sky.

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, Damien said:

This is all really great. Two really well known, national TV presenters in Adam Hills and Helen Skelton with Mark Wilson commentating, who has really impressed me on Premier Sports. Sam Tomkins always comes across really well and is one of our most well known players and Leon Pryce is a good pundit. C4's coverage has great potential and I find the presenting team really exciting. It certainly offers something fresh and vibrant compared to what we see on the BBC and in particular Sky.

This ^ 100%. 

I’ve only ever really watched Last Leg, I don’t know if Adam Hills hosts much else and while there’s going to be differences between presenting a comedy programme and Super League (though if Hull are having their bad week, it will be similar) but even during Last Leg, there’s times when he’s been serious and made impassioned speeches about disabled rights, government cuts, NHS staff - all things far more important than Rugby League will ever be and he’s delivered them eloquently, with passion and with real emotion so I have zero doubts about his ability to host Super League. 

• Like 4

note for the moderators - 1st poster to post a negative comment about channel 4 coverage  - immediate forum ban - all in agreement? click like button 

• Haha 2

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

6 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

note for the moderators - 1st poster to post a negative comment about channel 4 coverage  - immediate forum ban - all in agreement? click like button 

How about banning everyone who says something negative about it, there’ll be about 5 people left on the forum. 

Hills said Channel 4’s presentation of rugby league would differ from Sky Sports and the BBC, saying: “I think it will look slightly cooler.

“When Channel 4 first started broadcasting Paralympics, they made it look amazing.

“They’re definitely going to do that with this and I think, talking with the producers, they are going to emphasise the inclusive nature of rugby league and how much of a family it is.

“We will be doing stuff on the pitch and if a player wanders past and wants to stop and have a chat, then feel free.

“We went to be really close in the action and make it really cool but also inclusive.”

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/adam-hills-ready-introduce-celebrity-23017272

• Like 4

4 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

3 hours ago, Eddie said:

How about banning everyone who says something negative about it, there’ll be about 5 people left on the forum. 

Just chill out fellas and let people have their own opinions. 

Mine is that this looks brilliant and I can't wait, but hey, not everyone will agree. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, corvusxiii said:

Just occurred to me now, all this does feel really special. I'm like a kid before Christmas. And I'm a right grumpy........    so and so!

It is interesting that all the noise is about C4 and the game on Saturday, despite Sky having three other games. I wonder if it'll make them think about stepping it up a touch... 

• Like 6