RL on Channel 4

dkw

1 hour ago, Just Browny said:

Warrington offered 500 coach places for a quid each. Those appear to have gone so they have offered another 500 places, again for a quid.

This sort of thing needs to be done more in the game, especially these televised games. 

• Like 1

With football having trouble with a few idiots throwing things at players, whilst others have decide to invade the pitch dragging their family with them. I hope this doesn’t happen with our games throughout the leagues. 
Is it actually against the law for a so called fan to go onto the pitch, is there a fine. if there is id heavily fine any supporter who try’s that. 

3 hours ago, JohnM said:

Channel 4 certainly has some popular programming on topics of national importance, so we should feel right at home with the new darling of the forum. How long before the love-in ends ? Anyone but Sky, donchaknow.

https://www.thinkbox.tv/research/barb-data/top-programmes-report/?tag=CH4

We’re up against ‘Four in a bed’ and ‘Place in the sun’. It’ll never catch on! 😂

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, lanzer98 said:

Viewing figures will be interesting and how they compare to SL figures on Sky and other FTA sports like URC figures on BBC Wales.

And how they compare to their Champions Cup union games which are on shown at the same day/time. Channel 4 will obviously gauge it on that basis.

Edited by theswanmcr
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Smudger06 said:

These two February fixtures are absolutely massive for the sport, Clubs involved need to go all out to put on a show and players need to bring their absolute A game.....

Bound to be a big crowd at Headingley, and with the home fans singing 'Marching On Together' etc and a good away support, it's sure to create a great first impression. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Bound to be a big crowd at Headingley, and with the home fans singing 'Marching On Together' etc and a good away support, it's sure to create a great first impression. 

I think you've forgotten non-Leeds fans' obsession with "the drum".

20 minutes ago, M j M said:

I think you've forgotten non-Leeds fans' obsession with "the drum".

I actually think for these TV games there should be extra affort, kids go free, drums, flags, marching bands, cheerleaders, fireworks the lot!

The game of RL needs to unite to make this a success, Super League and Championship clubs alike unite to help support he game and its partners especially Channel 4.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Jughead said:

This sort of thing needs to be done more in the game, especially these televised games. 

I agree although I think it’s more important the home clubs promotes the games/puts offers on/gets a good atmosphere that comes across on tv, it really does add to the tv viewing experience. We have 10 opportunities on Channel 4, hopefully all clubs do their bit and make the most of it.

1 hour ago, JohnM said:

Imagine the pull of the combined programmes. "Four in a bed in the sun with a gumshield"

'We enjoyed our stay at Headingley, but we found some curlies in the shared bath! We tried Cornwall for the weather, and Toronto for the atmosphere, but it's all just too expensive. 'What's up with a fry-up in Rochdale?'

Meanwhile, in London, 40% of the crowd underpaid for their Challenge Cup weekend, having found a late Groupon offer on tickets, leaving the RFL with a final bill average of 63%.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

The thing I like about the ad is it’s almost as much about the fans as players, and the use of raw emotion seems designed to appeal to yoot mandem.

It’s saying: ‘This is a tough, skilful sport with passionate players and fans’. Which is exactly right. 

I haven't seen the ad yet, is it on you tube? 

19 hours ago, dkw said:

First 4 fixtures announced.

Leeds Rhinos v Warrington Wolves Betfred Super League Sat 12th February 12:30pm

Hull FC v St Helens Betfred Super League Sat 19th February 12:30pm

Warrington Wolves v Wakefield Trinity Wildcats Betfred Super League Sat 19th March 12:30pm

Wigan Warriors v Salford Red Devils Betfred Super League Sun 24th April 1:00pm

The promo is excellent.

Can anyone explain the irregular frequency of the games?

The first two are a week apart, the next is a month later and the fourth is 5 weeks after the 3rd.

6 minutes ago, fighting irish said:

Opening post of this topic has the video

• Thanks 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

16 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

I agree although I think it’s more important the home clubs promotes the games/puts offers on/gets a good atmosphere that comes across on tv, it really does add to the tv viewing experience. We have 10 opportunities on Channel 4, hopefully all clubs do their bit and make the most of it.

Exactly, it's a 10 match audition to show off the game. There's real potential for this to give the game a bounce which combined with a successful WC could improve our fortunes. We need new fans and terrestrial coverage is the vehicle to get there. 

• Like 2

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

6 minutes ago, fighting irish said:

• Thanks 2

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

14 minutes ago, fighting irish said:

Can anyone explain the irregular frequency of the games?

The first two are a week apart, the next is a month later and the fourth is 5 weeks after the 3rd.

4 only have the ability to show ten games this season, of which I believe two are guaranteed to be play-off games, so that’s why. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, JohnM said:

Channel 4 certainly has some popular programming on topics of national importance, so we should feel right at home with the new darling of the forum. How long before the love-in ends ? Anyone but Sky, donchaknow.

https://www.thinkbox.tv/research/barb-data/top-programmes-report/?tag=CH4

An episode of taskmaster with SL players would be great viewing. 

Just now, gingerjon said:

Opening post of this topic has the video

For some reason (can you explain?) the window greys out, when I try to play it.

2 minutes ago, fighting irish said:

For some reason (can you explain?) the window greys out, when I try to play it.

There is an article on loverugbyleague.com titled 'Video: Channel 4 reveals Super League promotion' that contains a clip of the promo. You could try viewing it via that article.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, wiganermike said:

There is an article on loverugbyleague.com titled 'Video: Channel 4 reveals Super League promotion' that contains a clip of the promo. You could try viewing it via that article.

For everyone's benefit, the clip you refer to above (is great and) is different to the one posted by Futtocks a few posts earlier.

Both are worth a look and auger well for this coming season.

Thank you for making me aware of this one.