Summer Bash

tms

27 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

The Original Oak was stuff of legend when I lived in nearish Kirkstall while studying in Leeds for a year.

Was a long time ago now, but I always enjoyed it when doing stuff around Headingley.

Hopefully still has a good size beer garden.

It does 👍

• Like 1

Leeds are away at Catalan that weekend.

That game will probably/presumably clash with the main event Saturday evening but most Leeds fans will not have plans other than that so it should get a decent number of people heading down there for a look.

11 minutes ago, Smudger06 said:

Headingley will be OK but Blackpool is the ideal location for the Summer Bash. 

Hear hear! I'd like to see it in Cardiff though.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, JonM said:

It's the classic 'towns which historically were in Lancashire, and still are according to old blokes who attach too much significance to such things, but are now in formerly adjacent counties which existed previously but with very different boundaries' derby. I can't wait.

I still use Leigh, Lancashire not Leigh Gtr. Manchester on all correspondence be it written or electronic for my address, and I still receive post addressed Leigh Lancashire, as long as the postcode is correct it will find you.

• Thanks 1

Historically, there have always been better crowds for the Bash on the Saturday, but this year it looks like they've given up on the Sunday.

The stadium is going to look really empty on the Sunday with a couple of coach loads from Cumbria rattling around in there.

1 hour ago, paulwalker71 said:

Historically, there have always been better crowds for the Bash on the Saturday, but this year it looks like they've given up on the Sunday.

The stadium is going to look really empty on the Sunday with a couple of coach loads from Cumbria rattling around in there.

They could have Sunday at Mount Pleasant and have plenty of space left, strange decision. 

• Like 1

On 25/01/2022 at 16:13, Eddie said:

They could have Sunday at Mount Pleasant and have plenty of space left, strange decision. 

Just play the Sunday games in Carlisle,at least  you’d get the Cumbrian clubs & Newcastle fans turning up in good numbers,as it  stands you’ll be lucky to get a crowd in 4 figures at Headingley with that lineup.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Jughead said:

As are most rounds of fixtures in both leagues. 

And it would be far far worse if all those clowns who want to get rid of P&R had their way and that would apply to both top leagues and promotion from L1 by half way into the season the amount of meaningless fixtures would be calamitous for a sport already struggling to attract paying fans.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

And it would be far far worse if all those clowns who want to get rid of P&R had their way and that would apply to both top leagues and promotion from L1 by half way into the season the amount of meaningless fixtures would be calamitous for a sport already struggling to attract paying fans.

I don’t think we’ve done P&R much better either, we’ve had variations of play-off formats and weekly rounds ranging from around 25 games to 30 and those things certainly added to the amount of meaningless fixtures that the game has and can’t get people interested in, so I certainly don’t see P&R as the “right way” when we’ve done that so poorly, too. 

22 minutes ago, Jughead said:

I don’t think we’ve done P&R much better either, we’ve had variations of play-off formats and weekly rounds ranging from around 25 games to 30 and those things certainly added to the amount of meaningless fixtures that the game has and can’t get people interested in, so I certainly don’t see P&R as the “right way” when we’ve done that so poorly, too. 

I have supporting the club I do have been involved in as many P&R games as most, and I have kept on going and supporting them simply because there was a prize to aim for if that was taken away and games that my club were involved was insignificant and didn't matter or not there would be a space on the terracing in my favourite place to stand, and in discussions with my neighbours on the terraces they would be absent also.

All of us went in the dead end tunnel that was the Licencing years, we wouldn't be going again, nor I doubt I would if we were a bottom dweller in SL, I would be sooner fight for survival than turn up to watch a game with nothing at stake.

Edited by Harry Stottle

15 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I have supporting the club I do have been involved in as many P&R games as most, and I have kept on going and supporting them simply because there was a prize to aim for if that was taken away and games that my club were involved was insignificant and didn't matter or not there would be a space on the terracing in my favourite place to stand, and in discussions with my neighbours on the terraces they would be absent also.

All of us went in the dead end tunnel that was the Licencing years, we wouldn't be going again, nor I doubt I would if we were a bottom dweller in SL, I would be sooner fight for survival than turn up to watch a game with nothing at stake.

Pretty much

• Like 1