Summer Bash

phildog

The RFL appears totally chuffed with itself to be bombarding us with the news that Summer Bash will be held at HEADINGLEY (don't forget now!!). I understand that Bloomfield Road had been declared unavailable on the weekend the RFL wanted to hold the event. Do the clubs have any input normally as to where Bash will be held? Fans loved the idea of a train trip to Blackers and the expectation of a great day/weekend on the coast. I don't know whether I should hope that 2022 Bash is either a great success (which will then encourage the RFL to feel smug and keep it there) or is a complete failure, after all there can't be much anticipated joy at a weekend in The Skyrack...

24 minutes ago, BatleyBird said:

As a cricket fan, I can confirm that there is much fun to be had in the pubs and bars of Headingley.  Suppose it depends on the company!

This - Headingley on match days is great. Lots of decent hospitality around the ground. I know of lots of supporters who hated Blackpool and refused to go to the SB. I would be willing to bet that the SB attendance record is broken this year.

so where do we stay for the 2 nights b and b in Headingly ?..and can we see the sea ?

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

The Clubs were supportive of the Bash being at Headingley. It is easier to get to. It is an iconic Rugby League stadium and so money stays in our game. I personally think it will be a great event there where players will enjoy playing and also supporters will enjoy. You can go for a great day out or it’s possible to stay over I’m sure. Headingley Lodge is there as well so can look over the cricket field. A first class Test venue if we are ever allowed to have Tests!!

Clearly you can never please everyone as i for one would also like to see it at York one year. Not too fussed if is an advantage for York City Knights.

1 hour ago, Kevin Nicholas said:

The Clubs were supportive of the Bash being at Headingley. It is easier to get to. It is an iconic Rugby League stadium and so money stays in our game. I personally think it will be a great event there where players will enjoy playing and also supporters will enjoy. You can go for a great day out or it’s possible to stay over I’m sure. Headingley Lodge is there as well so can look over the cricket field. A first class Test venue if we are ever allowed to have Tests!!

Clearly you can never please everyone as i for one would also like to see it at York one year. Not too fussed if is an advantage for York City Knights.

Just under 9,000 all seated , might be a squeeze .

4 hours ago, Keep The Faith said:

Batley and dewsbury have played once before at headingley… 

I was there.

Lee Bargate,Darren Moxon scoring if I remember. 

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

Archived