Stadium updates .......

10 hours ago, Spike said:

Workington cricket club has a nice function room with outdoor space looking out onto the river... just saying 

Hmmm yeah OK, I think you are pushing it a bit there. It is small with a push to be called a function room, more of a lounge. It is "nice" but nothing more, and I would doubt if you can see water from the club house. Just replying......

• Like 1

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

2 hours ago, town2018 said:

I personally would rather see the money spent on derwent Park the layout off the ground is already there surely it wouldn't cost half as much 

We can't, we don't gave any money to spend on DP, we can't get any grants to spend on DP, we literally cannot stay at DP. If we do we more than likely cease to exist soon without some massive cash investment. 

3 hours ago, The Voodooguru said:

Hmmm yeah OK, I think you are pushing it a bit there. It is small with a push to be called a function room, more of a lounge. It is "nice" but nothing more, and I would doubt if you can see water from the club house. Just replying......

See plenty when river floods

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, dkw said:

We can't, we don't gave any money to spend on DP, we can't get any grants to spend on DP, we literally cannot stay at DP. If we do we more than likely cease to exist soon without some massive cash investment. 

Could we not use the money that has been made available for the new stadium and still make it a joint stadium because surely it will reduce the cost off a new stadium when we already have the grounds etc and there's plenty off space to extend the bar area etc 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, town2018 said:

Could we not use the money that has been made available for the new stadium and still make it a joint stadium because surely it will reduce the cost off a new stadium when we already have the grounds etc and there's plenty off space to extend the bar area etc 

What and you expect the reds to go with that? They are accessing a lot of funding through the FA. DP is way past its sell by date, it's just not realistic.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

Don't think people realise that despite the hard work from volunteers, Derwent Park and borough Park aren't fit for the modern day and need knocked down not redeveloped and if the experts say Borough Park is the best site then so be it.. let's all support the people fighting for the new stadium

• Like 9

35 minutes ago, town2018 said:

the money is available for a new build as part of the redevelopment of the River Side, incorporating the sports centre to create a sort of sporting village, it either gets spent there or we lose it. there's no sharing it out to paper up the cracks on the old grounds. we use it or we lose it.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, rockerlad said:

the money is available for a new build as part of the redevelopment of the River Side, incorporating the sports centre to create a sort of sporting village, it either gets spent there or we lose it. there's no sharing it out to paper up the cracks on the old grounds. we use it or we lose it.

No that's fair enough mate just found it may have saved a lot off the budget to redevelop one off the current grounds but if the funds are only available for the new stadium then that answers my question 

• Like 2

There is no doubt that upgrading one of the current grounds would be more cost affective than new build, but as stated the funds are only available as part of the development of the clofficks to form a sports Village  with other community facilities.

As I stated before as a Town supporter for 60 years  and as a retired architect with some stadium design experience  I would happily offer my services for free to comment on the proposals as they are developed.

• Like 2

On 18/02/2022 at 20:13, rockerlad said:

have some faith in the directors from both clubs, as said above it was stated at the reds shareholders meeting the council want NOTHING to do with the running of the new ground, it will be left up 2 a managment company which will consist of directors from reds and town and independents (6 in total, 2 of each). it was also stated it would have the facilities to generate money 7 days a week, community pitch, Conference facilities, function room etc. let's wait and see what the plans are which are due very soon and again have some faith in the directors of both clubs to delivery something positive for the town. I cant comment on the town directors but I can assure you this is the best set we have had at the reds in my time supporting the club. 

When you say "the council want NOTHING to do with the running of the new ground" Does that include rent??

They may not want to help run it - but both clubs could still end up paying rents and or a share of other incomes, bars , advertising etc

Is there anyone on here who was at Town shareholders meeting because i have not heard anything from our side although i may have missed it.

All the info seems to be coming from REDS shareholder's and rockerlad

3 minutes ago, Derwent Parker said:

When you say "the council want NOTHING to do with the running of the new ground" Does that include rent??

They may not want to help run it - but both clubs could still end up paying rents and or a share of other incomes, bars , advertising etc

Is there anyone on here who was at Town shareholders meeting because i have not heard anything from our side although i may have missed it.

All the info seems to be coming from REDS shareholder's and rockerlad

no, rent to allerdale wasn't mentioned. baring in mind allerdale won't exist in a couple of years and allerdale won't own the ground, it will be owned/managed by a company set up by directors from both clubs (2) and 2 independent stakeholders, who this stakeholders will be wasnt answered back in january. another shareholders meeting scheduled for when all the information is available, around late March 🤞.

Edited by rockerlad

4 minutes ago, rockerlad said:

no, rent to allerdale wasn't mentioned. baring in mind allerdale won't exist in a couple of years and allerdale won't own the ground, it will be owned/managed by a company set up by directors from both clubs (2) and 2 independent stakeholders, who this stakeholders will be wasnt answered back in january. another shareholders meeting scheduled for when all the information is available, around late March 🤞.

I would think maybe the independent stakeholders could be NHS and Sellafield

• Like 1

Just now, pgilmour said:

I would think maybe the independent stakeholders could be NHS and Sellafield

don't know, as said above all is what come from our SH meeting any questions what couldn't be answered by the BOD they said they would hopefully have for us in March and they would call another SH meeting. 

Most of the modern stadiums for lower league football and non-league just have one main stand which has all the changing rooms, offices, hospitality etc, with the other 3 sides being covered terracing with no facilities other than toilets and a refreshment area.

salford is a good example of what we could possibly get, albeit on a smaller scale.

sure I read somewhere that the main stand alone at Salford cost around £9million !! 😳

1 hour ago, town2018 said:

No, it's a grant and funding based on a new stadium, we can't just spend it on what we want.

41 minutes ago, Death to the Rah Rah's said:

Most of the modern stadiums for lower league football and non-league just have one main stand which has all the changing rooms, offices, hospitality etc, with the other 3 sides being covered terracing with no facilities other than toilets and a refreshment area.

salford is a good example of what we could possibly get, albeit on a smaller scale.

sure I read somewhere that the main stand alone at Salford cost around £9million !! 😳

The development team visited the new Wimbledon ground a few weeks ago apparently, it's a nice little ground going of the photos of it.

1 hour ago, Spike said:

Don't think people realise that despite the hard work from volunteers, Derwent Park and borough Park aren't fit for the modern day and need knocked down not redeveloped and if the experts say Borough Park is the best site then so be it.. let's all support the people fighting for the new stadium

Agree - BUT if we take age v New out of the equation because - it applies to both stadiums, so we can have a proper debate - because these give a cop out answer to any question.

Then this seems to be led mainly by/or to please reds side who's only concern is that its at BP  - and will be happy with whatever size new stadium they get. Any of the stadiums previously mentioned will be a Vast improvement on BP - They dont have a seated grandstand at all, so a small one with a few hundred seats in is an improvement. 

But the same stadiums will not be an improvement on DP. Which has a large Grandstand already and terracing on the other side and one end although the ends not covered, is bad.

But DP also has a much larger footprint and a larger parking area [currently not used to full capacity since covid]

So this proposed new stadium possibly is going to smaller than what we currently have.

You dont hear Town fans insisting that it must be at DP - just that if we are moving then it should be better, smaller isn't better- If DP was the size of Wembley etc then smaller would be better.

If this is going to work then it should be better for both clubs not just reds .Town have 10k ish capacity and we keep hearing that they are aiming at 5k - How is that an improvement.

The New build should aim to be better than the bigger of the 2 grounds.

Can anyone tell me why Town left BP all those years ago if sharing is better.

Cant think of any of the other clubs who have moved in with their neighbour so as to get  to get a smaller stadium.

2 hours ago, town2018 said:

All the space at DP doesn't matter because its not BP

9 minutes ago, Derwent Parker said:

All the space at DP doesn't matter because its not BP

No, all the space ar DP doesn't matter because we won't be able to use it to build a new sports stadium on, because the ground isn't suitable and the groundwork alone would run into millions to make it suitable.

The 4.5 million pounds has been allocated on a bid to develop the borough/lonsdale park site,there is no other sites for this funding ,therefore it is essential that all supporters get behind whatever proposals because there are plenty others out there who will be trying to block the development once the plans are announced .Both clubs need a stadium to help bring in new investors and sponsors, it is only then that money will be available to strengthen the team

• Like 4

After seeing the video of the Town pitch  .and being on the artificial pitch at Stainburn Academy School at the same time . It's a no Brainer what the New Stadiums pitch as to be . especially as there will be football and rugby played on it . The quality of that artificial pitch must be really top quality as it's one of the best I've seen .  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The Voodooguru said:

You can deffo see the river when sitting on the roof, lovely function room though.

• Like 1

A 5,000 capacity stadium is perfectly adequate for both clubs needs at the moment. There is no need to build bigger just for the sake of it. I’m in my mid 50s and I can’t see Town ever gracing SL again in my lifetime, and let’s be honest the RFL won’t be falling over themselves to bring any big events up here again after the World Cup fiasco.

Plus, if built right, a 5,000 capacity can easily be extended either permanently or temporarily. Build it as a rectangle with open corners and the corners can either be built on or temporary stands installed as and when required.

• Like 4

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally