Stadium updates .......

2 hours ago, Death to the Rah Rah's said:

Did they give any indication at the meeting as to how much the new stadium will cost?

I was looking at Boston United new ground, the Jakemans Community Stadium which opened around 2020 and looks a cracking little ground, which is basically one very well equipped main grandstand and covered terracing and that cost £12 million !!

I think it has a 6,000 capacity 

There's a video showing how the work is progressing, can't help but think something along these lines would be ideal. I think the end that is still to be completed is a sports hall

https://www.bostonunited.co.uk/news/video--community-stadium-latest-2589592.html

That looks great. I would be very happy with something like this 👌

• Like 2

On 27/03/2022 at 18:45, town blue said:

I have supported both teams all my life and without doubt Borough Park has the best match experience and atmosphere - I remember a Friday night cup game against Bramley under the lights on BP that attracted around 5000 and a cup game against Wigan that attracted even more. The field of play is nearer the spectators that creates the atmosphere.

DP is nearer now - since they done away with speedway

4 hours ago, Death to the Rah Rah's said:

Did they give any indication at the meeting as to how much the new stadium will cost?

I was looking at Boston United new ground, the Jakemans Community Stadium which opened around 2020 and looks a cracking little ground, which is basically one very well equipped main grandstand and covered terracing and that cost £12 million !!

I think it has a 6,000 capacity 

There's a video showing how the work is progressing, can't help but think something along these lines would be ideal. I think the end that is still to be completed is a sports hall

https://www.bostonunited.co.uk/news/video--community-stadium-latest-2589592.html

Smart that

8 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

What isn’t there to like ?

Some will make up rubbish to claim its a bad move..

7 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

You could always it at the back.

Such as the person you quoted then...there aren't even any actual plans yet.

• Like 1

Well on Sunday it was great viewing the match at Dewsbury from the popular side, terracing like that would be good. Was cold though in the shade. I think that's a cracking wee ground.

58 minutes ago, Nero said:

Well on Sunday it was great viewing the match at Dewsbury from the popular side, terracing like that would be good. Was cold though in the shade. I think that's a cracking wee ground.

The first time i saw it i thought " well they've got no ambition i wouldn't be happy with that" but having heard some of the possible scenarios for our stadium i'd be quite happy with it now. 

30 minutes ago, homeandawayer said:

The first time i saw it i thought " well they've got no ambition i wouldn't be happy with that" but having heard some of the possible scenarios for our stadium i'd be quite happy with it now. 

let's be totally honest, virtually anything will be better than what's there now, and with the local authority unifying shortly this will be both club's one and only chance to get a modern stadium with proper hospitality areas.

I genuinely feel for our neighbours 7 miles down the road, as they were in a similar position to us, with broken promises in regards to the Pow Beck redevelopment a few years ago, and its hard to see how they will be able to redevelop the Rec without serious outside sponsorship.

Let's hope our scheme goes ahead or I really fear for our long term survival

• Like 5

5 hours ago, homeandawayer said:

I've said before on this thread, we don't need to build 4 stands at first- make sure the main stand is a good standard with bars, club shop etc in. Add in a full length popular side with a roof then maybe 1 small stand behind one of the ends. That way we can increase capacity later and we don't spend all the money on 4 stands - leaving the money spent on 3 decent stands to kick us off.

• 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Unicorn 106 said:

Just said they will be adding terracing around the ground so maybe it will be a decent stadium they finish up with 

The terracing won't happen for a while. The full development was based on SUFC ladies playing there which went out of the window when the owners of the football club (one of which owns the development company and subsequently lost a court case) fell out. The Eagles are also only tenants renting a share of a community stadium with a 5 year lease.

14 hours ago, Unicorn 106 said:

Anyone watching Sheffield v Widnes at their brand new stadium. Thoughts please 🤔🙈

I dont think it has much relevance to our proposed new stadium really. Its not their stadium, they are tenants. It cost half what we are looking to spend, they will gain very little income from the commercial side (if any thing at all) and I expect they had very little say in the design.

• 5 weeks later...

Just been reading that he government have now approved the funds for the town deal, £23.1m. Does this now provide us with the missing money to actually get this off the gorund?

Concerning thing when reading on Allerdale's website was that this now enables the projects to enter 'detailed design' stage. Had we not already entered detailed design? If not, could be a while yet until a spade is in the gorund 

3 hours ago, townie88 said:

Just been reading that he government have now approved the funds for the town deal, £23.1m. Does this now provide us with the missing money to actually get this off the gorund?

Concerning thing when reading on Allerdale's website was that this now enables the projects to enter 'detailed design' stage. Had we not already entered detailed design? If not, could be a while yet until a spade is in the gorund 

Still time to change then, really not looking forward to watching Rugby on Borough Park,