Stadium updates .......

6 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

Arnt there artificial pitched up at Distington College that don't get used every night?

Distington college as reds youth training on it every night of the week, weekends there's football matches, I've also seen town up there and haven. So a new training pitch in town would defo be used every night.

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

10 hours ago, dkw said:

It will be a sad day when we leave Derwent Park, but knowhere near as sad as if we stay at a stadium that we can't afford that will see the club cease to exist.

Must admit, it would be nice not to get covered in rust when a ball hits the popular side roof above you!

• Haha 2

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

7 minutes ago, anok4u said:

Must admit, it would be nice not to get covered in rust when a ball hits the popular side roof above you!

That thought of " I hope that's just surface rust" every time....

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Town blue white said:

With a big recession on the way there will be no new stadium in the near future 

Yet that's how the NSW government got their state out of recession- built stadiums all over NSW - creats jobs and investment.

20 hours ago, Billy Bob said:

I am a Haven supporter, if the D.P. grandstand is sinking the H.S.E. would not allow the stand to be used, therefore the stand must be fit for use? 

Whilst the funding to build a new stadium looks like it will be secured at no cost to Town or Reds, the running costs for the use of the stadium will be charged to the end users.

The stadium will not be owned by the users, and I have asked these questions before but no one seems to have an answer. If a management company runs the stadium and the on site facilities Bars, Catering, Refreshments etc, do they keep the income ?             Do the management company, cut the grass, mark out the pitches, clean the stadium and pass on the costs, work the clubs get done now for free by volunteers. Costs for office staff etc.

There lots of hidden costs and charges to be sorted out and considered, will the local council tax payers be happy if they end up having to subsidize the stadium?

Until Town & Reds get all the answers in writing don't jump in.

This applies to all R/L clubs if relegated the RLFC reduces their funding accordingly.

What's this got to do with a Haven supporter, I am an Allerdale council tax payer.                        

We know you are an haven fan Billy, you now tell us every time you post. After years of kidding none of us you were a Townie, you officially came out of the closet and informed us that you bat for the other side🙄. So the stadium issue is a tax payers concern is it, and not that we might finish up with something that could put our club in a stronger position. 🤔 it might not work out that way, but IMO we cant stand still and watch DP crumble, It might not be ideal but we have to move forward. ...waits for the predictable and boring Eunoch repost.🙄

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Unicorn 106 said:

We know you are an haven fan Billy, you now tell us every time you post. After years of kidding none of us you were a Townie, you officially came out of the closet and informed us that you bat for the other side🙄. So the stadium issue is a tax payers concern is it, and not that we might finish up with something that could put our club in a stronger position. 🤔 it might not work out that way, but IMO we cant stand still and watch DP crumble, It might not be ideal but we have to move forward. ...waits for the predictable and boring Eunoch repost.🙄

Eunuch, my bezzie, I was wondering when you would crawl from underneath your stone.                                                                                                                                  On the contrary I am not against a new stadium, I was advocating caution, to many other clubs and businesses have committed to similar proposals and find they have ended up having no say or controls over activities where they raise revenue, in areas such as bar sales, food & snacks etc. Allerdale council will appoint a management company, and pass on all the their running costs to the clubs that use the stadium.

Eunuch you are wrong, I am advising caution, if Allerdale intends to subsidize the new stadium you have great deal.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Billy Bob said:

Eunuch, my bezzie, I was wondering when you would crawl from underneath your stone.                                                                                                                                  On the contrary I am not against a new stadium, I was advocating caution, to many other clubs and businesses have committed to similar proposals and find they have ended up having no say or controls over activities where they raise revenue, in areas such as bar sales, food & snacks etc. Allerdale council will appoint a management company, and pass on all the their running costs to the clubs that use the stadium.

Eunuch you are wrong, I am advising caution, if Allerdale intends to subsidize the new stadium you have great deal.

As usal you have managed to get pretty much everything wrong, that's a pathetic effort.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, anok4u said:

Distington college as reds youth training on it every night of the week, weekends there's football matches, I've also seen town up there and haven. So a new training pitch in town would defo be used every night.

reds juniors, red in the community use it all the time. my kids football team has plenty of games up there as well. constantly in use. agree.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Billy Bob said:

So predictable choccy my old mucker, pathetic really. Not crawled out from under my stone, been away on my hols where it was akin to the facilities of a third world country with no Internet. Wouldn't recommend it to anyone, think it was called Greenbank. 😎

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rockerlad said:

reds juniors, red in the community use it all the time. my kids football team has plenty of games up there as well. constantly in use. agree.

My old football team bransty rangers also used it in the Saturday league if our pitch was unplayable used it a good few times

• 5 months later...

I'm resurrecting this thread as it's been quite a while since it aired.

Doing so in the hope that somebody on here has contact with the BOD.

I say that because I've heard that project is in trouble due to lack of support from the (Conservative, nobody from Wton or Mport) Allerdale Executive. They want to leave it to new Cumberland Council in April and refusing to authorise proceeds of D Pk land sale going towards Stage 2 of the plans. 

We're talking here of maybe up to £2m, now that electricity pylons have gone and opened up all the land for use.

Can't see that kind of money coming from anywhere else in Cumbria,  can you? From what remember of last public meeting I think that's two thirds of the funding needed. No stage 2 without it?

So I'd be grateful if anyone has contact with Directors to ask them  about......

1. A meeting early in New Year, like the previous one at Carnegie Theatre, to update us as to what's happening

2. Making sure ABC sorts out what will happen to proceeds of D Pk land  before new Cumberland authority takes over in April, when you will have the problem of getting Carlisle and Copeland to agree to Wton getting all the proceeds.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rex3 said:

I'm resurrecting this thread as it's been quite a while since it aired.

Doing so in the hope that somebody on here has contact with the BOD.

I say that because I've heard that project is in trouble due to lack of support from the (Conservative, nobody from Wton or Mport) Allerdale Executive. They want to leave it to new Cumberland Council in April and refusing to authorise proceeds of D Pk land sale going towards Stage 2 of the plans. 

We're talking here of maybe up to £2m, now that electricity pylons have gone and opened up all the land for use.

Can't see that kind of money coming from anywhere else in Cumbria,  can you? From what remember of last public meeting I think that's two thirds of the funding needed. No stage 2 without it?

So I'd be grateful if anyone has contact with Directors to ask them  about......

1. A meeting early in New Year, like the previous one at Carnegie Theatre, to update us as to what's happening

2. Making sure ABC sorts out what will happen to proceeds of D Pk land  before new Cumberland authority takes over in April, when you will have the problem of getting Carlisle and Copeland to agree to Wton getting all the proceeds.

agree with the need for some news and consultation with fans ASAP we've heard nothing for yonks. it's reds AGN soon so I'm guess it will be brought up again 

I seen in the press copelans got 49m from the town deals a couple of weeks ago with sellafiled also throwing in 11m, oddly enough the cash seems to be for only Millom and clestor moor.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rockerlad said:

agree with the need for some news and consultation with fans ASAP we've heard nothing for yonks. it's reds AGN soon so I'm guess it will be brought up again 

I seen in the press copelans got 49m from the town deals a couple of weeks ago with sellafiled also throwing in 11m, oddly enough the cash seems to be for only Millom and clestor moor.

They’ll be getting it spent before the boundaries change in April 

• Like 1

It's been worryingly quiet since the Carneigie brief, where I have to admit that I was optimistic about something happening. Since then the costs of everything have spiralled so I'm now back to being sceptical of whether a stadium fit for both teams is possible. I am back to being worried about a bus shelter with 3 open sides. 

I thought the timeline had a design agreed and tendered by the end of this year, or did I remember that wrong?

• Like 1

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

1 hour ago, The Voodooguru said:

It's been worryingly quiet since the Carneigie brief, where I have to admit that I was optimistic about something happening. Since then the costs of everything have spiralled so I'm now back to being sceptical of whether a stadium fit for both teams is possible. I am back to being worried about a bus shelter with 3 open sides. 

I thought the timeline had a design agreed and tendered by the end of this year, or did I remember that wrong?

last crack I heard was that £7.5 million was secured but they were trying to get additional funding 

• Like 1

As other people have said at least £3m extra  to find. 

But apparently  the situation is more serious than that.  Its not just the Allerdale Tory Executive to contend with, as they refuse to authorise the D Pk proceeds towards the stadium.  Ive heard that the Govt.  has put strict conditions on the funding. 

Taking these two things together, even stage 1 may not go ahead.

Why? Because govt says no stage 1 funding unless stage 2 also fully funded. Then if the money isn't spent on the new  stadium its lost altogether.

Hence the need for another public meeting so that fans can find out what the situation is, and how we  together  can  put  pressure on Allerdale Executive to get the D Pk land proceeds into the stadium pot asap.You're talking about two thirds of the extra funding required. Can you see the stage 2 target being reached without it?

I think there is an April deadline. If funding not sorted out by then, the whole joint stadium project could be up s..t creek....

That's why public meeting needed in January?

On 08/12/2022 at 14:09, Rex3 said:

As other people have said at least £3m extra  to find. 

But apparently  the situation is more serious than that.  Its not just the Allerdale Tory Executive to contend with, as they refuse to authorise the D Pk proceeds towards the stadium.  Ive heard that the Govt.  has put strict conditions on the funding. 

Taking these two things together, even stage 1 may not go ahead.

Why? Because govt says no stage 1 funding unless stage 2 also fully funded. Then if the money isn't spent on the new  stadium its lost altogether.

Hence the need for another public meeting so that fans can find out what the situation is, and how we  together  can  put  pressure on Allerdale Executive to get the D Pk land proceeds into the stadium pot asap.You're talking about two thirds of the extra funding required. Can you see the stage 2 target being reached without it?

I think there is an April deadline. If funding not sorted out by then, the whole joint stadium project could be up s..t creek....

That's why public meeting needed in January?

Interesting observations, I've just had a quick look at some minutes of meetings about the town deal through allerdale councils website and their is very little detail documented about what is happening around the stadium, their is a meeting for December but no minutes as yet. I really hope we can move this project  on asap in order to encourage the next generation of sports people 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Death to the Rah Rah's said:

Well that’s a ‘something about nothing’ statement to realise - I thought it was going to be an update with some sign of progress report 

more of a case of the town board confirming their position? hopefully some news very soon 

34 minutes ago, Death to the Rah Rah's said:

Well that’s a ‘something about nothing’ statement to realise - I thought it was going to be an update with some sign of progress report 

Seems more about keeping the stadium discussion in the public eye, not even announcement has to include progress, especially if there isn't anything significant.