Stadium updates .......

4 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

Probably the Nr1 rule on here is - don't edit other peoples posts, the 2nd is to not keep sending PMs to people who ask you not keep pestering them lad.

So you struggle to differentiate between singular & multiple,no wonder your constantly confused.

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, rockerlad said:

this is why we need an update from the people heading the project to stop all these rumours. The town chairman has already come out and said this is needed for Workington town to process and hes on the board of the new stadium project 

Oh absolutely the communication does seem poor which naturally leads to frustration from  fans & is reminiscent of the Pow Beck shambles,I hope for Town/Reds case it ends with a more positive result.

My fear our narcissistic MP does nothing unless it shines a light on himself, from Xmas cards, books, or presents for ex servicemen  all paid for from his expenses pot to try and boost his credibility. The fact he's put that story out makes me wonder if he knows something. There has been complete silence as a response to the article from the group dealing with the stadium which is also worrying. Surely if everything was on track there would have been updates or at least reassurances.  Fingers crossed they are just waiting to do a big reveal, but the Jenkinson story doesn't just come out of the blue for my money. 

• Like 4

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

28 minutes ago, The Voodooguru said:

My fear our narcissistic MP does nothing unless it shines a light on himself, from Xmas cards, books, or presents for ex servicemen  all paid for from his expenses pot to try and boost his credibility. The fact he's put that story out makes me wonder if he knows something. There has been complete silence as a response to the article from the group dealing with the stadium which is also worrying. Surely if everything was on track there would have been updates or at least reassurances.  Fingers crossed they are just waiting to do a big reveal, but the Jenkinson story doesn't just come out of the blue for my money. 

But if he and his team are working hard and pushing it through, we'll done to him - its easy to criticise without the facts so let's see how it pans out.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Mr Frisky said:

But if he and his team are working hard and pushing it through, we'll done to him - its easy to criticise without the facts so let's see how it pans out.

Who and who's team? 

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

2 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

If you belive that then I've a bridge to sell you....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

Well anyone who dares be critical of him instantly gets blocked by him 🙄 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

From your post - your "narcissistic MP"

Sorry if I have touched a nerve with my criticism of him, I actually tamed what i thought of him down as well 🤣.

I honestly wasn't sure if you meant him or Dave Bowden and his team as MJs story is all about him already doing his bit and passing the buck to the clubs.  

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Route66 said:

I just wish we had more information, anyway I'm about to go to reds game today, will ask about see if any crack,never know I might bump into the mp handing his cash over at the turnstiles 

If he does I bet he asks for a receipt.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, The Voodooguru said:

Sorry if I have touched a nerve with my criticism of him, I actually tamed what i thought of him down as well 🤣.

I honestly wasn't sure if you meant him or Dave Bowden and his team as MJs story is all about him already doing his bit and passing the buck to the clubs.  

Not really mate, I didn't vote for him but many did. I only live in the UK for about 8 months a year and base myself in Cumbria for about 4 of those so I'm outside looking in.

Seems to be the modern way to sit on a keyboard and criticise- most of these people could run against him at the next election but how many will? - or is it just easier to slate than do something. Its very West Cumbrian to look at the negatives.

He said he is working on this so give the lad a chance - like has been said on here wait for the facts and we will see what he has and hast done.

Hope he has at least kick started this again as it seemed to have died a death.

• Haha 2

Hes a cretinous self centred, thin skinned bigoted moron who does nothing for anyone unless there's something in it for him. 

There's literally no point trying to discuss anything with him, he's too dense to articulate himself so just blocks anyone who doesn't agree with him, after abusing them.

The fact you think hes kick starting it after it died a death shows how little understanding you have of the situation, though that's no surprise as you thought there was still steel industry in Workington. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, dkw said:

Hes a cretinous self centred, thin skinned bigoted moron who does nothing for anyone unless there's something in it for him. 

There's literally no point trying to discuss anything with him, he's too dense to articulate himself so just blocks anyone who doesn't agree with him, after abusing them.

The fact you think hes kick starting it after it died a death shows how little understanding you have of the situation, though that's no surprise as you thought there was still steel industry in Workington. 

Seems no one in Workington voted for him by the look of this, yet he won by a landslide from memory or are some people telling porkies on here??

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

Seems no one in Workington voted for him by the look of this, yet he won by a landslide from memory or are some people telling porkies on here??

Why do we have to keep mentioning the baboon he didn't win by a landslide his area covers Keswick for which got him through. Why should anyone praise somebody who years ago was dead against the idea of a new Stadium for the area. And wow now he's on the bandwagon saying it's his idea and he's pushing it through the Guy is a joke. Let's talk rugby and not politics. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Keswick is in copeland constituency now even though its officially in allerdale helps that 🤡 who gets in at our ending 

1 hour ago, Mr Frisky said:

There was only about a 30% turnout from memory, he jumped on the stadium and brexit to get people voting for him, and unfortunately it worked. 

He won because of ignorance and lethargy, he has no chance of getting back in at the next vote. 

While there is good evidence that Jenkinson has been devoting plenty of energy to completing expenses forms, can those on here who are claiming he is moving the stadium forward, please supply evidence that

*he has actually been working on progressing the stadium

*or that he has a team working on it

*or has even been taking any active part in a team working on it

*or has been trying to help find funding for stage 2

*or has been working with ABC,  run by his fellow Tories,to sort out the DPk sale monies for stage 2

All he has done,from what I have seen,is  reissue a statement about some £5m funding (very insufficient of itself for a constructing a NEW Stadium) that has been known about for 2 years. So what has he been doing for 2 years?

• Like 2

On 06/01/2023 at 18:37, Mr Frisky said:

Is this all because I asked you not to keep sending me emails with your personal comments on though Total RL? It was getting quite scary.

Anyway, let's leave that unsavoury behaviour behindand get back on topic - if it is a single stand on BP its almost like Town are giving up a lot more than the Reds - surely a covered standing terrace opposite wouldn't cost £millions. If all the money goes on one stand just hope Town can maximise the commercial side of it - bar, function rooms and Shop (shared with Reds would be the way to go).

I think the existing covered standing terrace will still be there.

14 minutes ago, dkw said:

There was only about a 30% turnout from memory, he jumped on the stadium and brexit to get people voting for him, and unfortunately it worked. 

He won because of ignorance and lethargy, he has no chance of getting back in at the next vote. 

I agreed with him on Brexit but not on the Stadium [a lot of lies were told about the costs] He also got in because people were sick of the previous Labour MP who was only bothered about sucking up to Corbin and getting into house of Lords - I cant remember her been seen around here whereas Mr Creosote is,regularly seen in papers etc  even if it is just down to Grot spots and Litter campaigns/pick ups?