Stadium updates .......

2 hours ago, Derwent Parker said:

me neither its worse than the rec

How do you arrive at this conclusion, BP has seen better days but it  is a much better stadium than the wreck.  Supported both Red's and Town  all my life and Borough has better fan experience and atmosphere - looking forward to a new modern stadium and moving with the times - this will give a big boost to both clubs.  UTT and the REDS. 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, town blue said:

How do you arrive at this conclusion, BP has seen better days but it  is a much better stadium than the wreck.  Supported both Red's and Town  all my life and Borough has better fan experience and atmosphere - looking forward to a new modern stadium and moving with the times - this will give a big boost to both clubs.  UTT and the REDS. 

DP is the 2nd best stadium in Cumbria (not hard given the competition) but DP is also a better fan experience than BP which is an awful ground and not great for watching RL.

The new stadium will (probably be) basically be a shiny version of BP with small shallow stands low down to the pitch - never great for watching RL with the way the players are set out in lines across the pitch.

Will be a sad day if and when we leave DP and move into a flat pack stadium.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, dkw said:

It will be a sad day when we leave Derwent Park, but knowhere near as sad as if we stay at a stadium that we can't afford that will see the club cease to exist.

Agreed, still a sad day but needed. Just hope they don't just pander to Football requirements but money talks and it will be done on a budget so we have to hope for the best.

Will miss walking round the top of the town end when you enter the ground as on a sunny day with a decent crowd in, on those days the bowl that is DP looks great.

Time to move, on but to a smaller footprint and a lot less character new build. But yes as long as the 2 clubs can maximise match day profits it will be a big help to reduce overheads and make some money so we can compete.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, dkw said:

It will be a sad day when we leave Derwent Park, but knowhere near as sad as if we stay at a stadium that we can't afford that will see the club cease to exist.

Agree about staying at DP, would make it difficult for Town financially but going to Borough Park is not good, it is a football stadium and not great for watching RL, I maybe wrong but have a feeling Town are being stitched up and only the Reds are benefiting, DP is a much better option for redevelopment.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, dkw said:

absolutely correct. same applies for reds we need a new ground.

Edited by rockerlad

Baffles me these arguments about Borough Park, as the arguments on here seem to revolve around the myth that the new ground is basically going to be the current Borough Park with a couple of new stands  to replace existing structures.

as I understand it, Borough Park is going to be completely flattened and the ground will be turned 90 degrees so it runs parallel to the car park.

this is going to be a brand new stadium built from scratch.

I think we all need to take a step back and wait for the architects proposals to be released as all modern stadium are designed so that the entire pitch can be viewed from all areas of the ground

• Like 5

1 hour ago, bobg said:

Agree about staying at DP, would make it difficult for Town financially but going to Borough Park is not good, it is a football stadium and not great for watching RL, I maybe wrong but have a feeling Town are being stitched up and only the Reds are benefiting, DP is a much better option for redevelopment.

Definitely being stitched up.

DP looks great at present - last we heard on BP was ONE new stand on site of current EX STAND.

That is not going to match what we have at DP now , but will be better than what reds have so they will be happy - but at our expense unfortunately.

No space there to do any of the additional things that happen outside DP Grandstand etc too - far too small

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Death to the Rah Rah's said:

Baffles me these arguments about Borough Park, as the arguments on here seem to revolve around the myth that the new ground is basically going to be the current Borough Park with a couple of new stands  to replace existing structures.

as I understand it, Borough Park is going to be completely flattened and the ground will be turned 90 degrees so it runs parallel to the car park.

this is going to be a brand new stadium built from scratch.

I think we all need to take a step back and wait for the architects proposals to be released as all modern stadium are designed so that the entire pitch can be viewed from all areas of the ground

That's not what is said in Allerdale's report.

RE: The stadium - It states they will only build the grandstand - nothing else 

it states in item 9.04 "The first phase of development to be funded through the Town Deal would be based on a partial redevelopment of Borough Park and primarily involve the demolition and replacement of a new stand in its place. The existing playing surface would be replaced with a new synthetic pitch which will allow for the increased use of the pitch by both clubs as well as offering potential for increase usage outside of match days".

item 9.31

"The Sports Village Company will be responsible for raising the additional funding necessary to deliver future phases of development."

So looking after what we currently have is not that expensive now, is it

So they are going to build the grandstand only the other 3 sides will have to be paid for by Town and Reds in future or stay as a one stand ground - half of what we have now at DP

Therefore if its built "in its place" it aint turning it 90 degrees

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Derwent Parker said:

Definitely being stitched up.

DP looks great at present - last we heard on BP was ONE new stand on site of current EX STAND.

That is not going to match what we have at DP now , but will be better than what reds have so they will be happy - but at our expense unfortunately.

No space there to do any of the additional things that happen outside DP Grandstand etc too - far too small

Absolute ###### as usual. DP looks great but it's sticking plasters to keep it going, that's it. It's been a brilliant effort to clean it up, but it's just in the surface, the actual structure is not good. The grandstand is basically sinking, paint won't change that. How on earth you know there no space etc when there's no actual final design in place is amazing, when did you first notice you can see into the future.

Edited by dkw
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, dkw said:

Absolute ###### as usual. DP looks great but it's sticking plasters to keep it going, that's it. It's been a brilliant effort to clean it up, but it's just in the surface, the actual structure is not good. The grandstand is basically sinking, paint won't change that. How on earth you know there no space etc when there's no actual final design in place is amazing, when did you first notice you can see into the future.

Have you got the contract to build new BP - cos your always out of the blocks fast when anybody mentions owt else

8 minutes ago, Derwent Parker said:

Have you got the contract to build new BP - cos your always out of the blocks fast when anybody mentions owt else

Yeah, good one, amazing conversation mate....

On ignore you go.

Like it or not. Whatever version of new stadium we get will help both clubs and be an improvement on the current stadia. Understand that people are sentimental of either ground and have many happy memories. But this stadium is about the future, not the past

Edited by townie88
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, townie88 said:

Like it or not. Whatever version of new stadium we get will help both clubs and be an improvement on the current stadia. Understand that people are sentimental of wither ground and have many happy memories. But this stadium is about the future, not the past

it's also not all about town and reds either, it's about having something the community can use. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, rockerlad said:

it's also not all about town and reds either, it's about having something the community can use. 

No, that's why millions was spent on facilities like the Wave, the Oval, the new sports centre etc etc - this should be about the stadium and the 2 clubs and how they can maximise the stadium and bring in revenue. If as a by-product then the community can also use the pitch or the stadium then great.

• Confused 1

37 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

No, that's why millions was spent on facilities like the Wave, the Oval, the new sports centre etc etc - this should be about the stadium and the 2 clubs and how they can maximise the stadium and bring in revenue. If as a by-product then the community can also use the pitch or the stadium then great.

The community using it is part of the whole, the idea is to get 7 day a week use out of the facilities if possible, including youth sides in the area that currently have nothing, finals days etc.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dkw said:

The community using it is part of the whole, the idea is to get 7 day a week use out of the facilities if possible, including youth sides in the area that currently have nothing, finals days etc.

Arnt there artificial pitched up at Distington College that don't get used every night?

Just now, Mr Frisky said:

Arnt there artificial pitched up at Distington College that don't get used every night?

I think your missing how the funding was gained, it was partly based on community use, creating facilities for youth sport, local amateur sport etc. It's not that they want to use it for local community teams, it's that they have to, it's the basis for the whole thing.

I'm not sure what your worry is about this, it won't impact on anything the 2 semi pro clubs do or gain from the new stadium I don't think. If anything I think the aim is these things will actually help them fund their seasons.

52 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

I’m sure they are spending £12M just to keep 1500 fans happy.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, dkw said:

I am a Haven supporter, if the D.P. grandstand is sinking the H.S.E. would not allow the stand to be used, therefore the stand must be fit for use? 

Whilst the funding to build a new stadium looks like it will be secured at no cost to Town or Reds, the running costs for the use of the stadium will be charged to the end users.

The stadium will not be owned by the users, and I have asked these questions before but no one seems to have an answer. If a management company runs the stadium and the on site facilities Bars, Catering, Refreshments etc, do they keep the income ?             Do the management company, cut the grass, mark out the pitches, clean the stadium and pass on the costs, work the clubs get done now for free by volunteers. Costs for office staff etc.

There lots of hidden costs and charges to be sorted out and considered, will the local council tax payers be happy if they end up having to subsidize the stadium?

Until Town & Reds get all the answers in writing don't jump in.

This applies to all R/L clubs if relegated the RLFC reduces their funding accordingly.

What's this got to do with a Haven supporter, I am an Allerdale council tax payer.                        

• Like 1
  • Haha 1