Jump to content

Stadium updates .......


Recommended Posts

33 minutes ago, Unicorn 106 said:

Hope they just get on with it, neither club can afford to keep our dilapidated stadiums fit for purpose. Surely its got to be better than what we've got.

That's the spirit - reach for the stars.....

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


45 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

That's the spirit - reach for the stars.....

I'd take any new stadium than have the club keep the financial burden that is derwent park.. we just cant afford it

Edited by Spike
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Unicorn 106 said:

Yep, and you might just get the moon.ūü§Ē

Well having scanned through the 500 or so pages of town deal funding from yesterday's council executive meeting it seems you dont get a lot for 6.5 million pounds these days ,although really appreciate the efforts of the directors who will be involved in jumping through hoops to achieve a workable solution 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Route66 said:

Well having scanned through the 500 or so pages of town deal funding from yesterday's council executive meeting it seems you dont get a lot for 6.5 million pounds these days ,although really appreciate the efforts of the directors who will be involved in jumping through hoops to achieve a workable solution 

What was craic? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just read an article from Mr Jenkinson on consituency matters and he's looking forward to a new stadium which has got £5.5 million pounds allotted to it out of the £15.5 million for town generation! For that cash we might as well stay at DP which at the moment is looking really good on the eye. Pitch superb, terracing excellent, floodlighting top of the range. I don't know the cost for the upkeep of DP but got to be some businesses out there could help out. I reckon for the money available we won't be calling any stand "grand".

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 01/03/2022 at 08:33, Mr Frisky said:

That's the spirit - reach for the stars.....

From what I can make out it is basically going to be a new grandstand at borough park and a synthetic pitch, the rest of the ground stays same until other money becomes available. Work possibly to start September 2023 and open a year later .Really complicated read and still a hell of a lot of work to be done by essentially volunteers as the council seem to be taking a step back. If you go on allerdale council website ,meetings then executive you should see the documents from 1st march meeting, see what you make of it 

  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Reading those minutes very quickly it does appear as though the removal of and building a new grandstand at Borough Park together with the laying of a new artificial pitch will cost 6.5 million. Any other work will only commence once funding has been found. The stadium will be operated by a sports village company, essentially directors from Town and Reds with independent directors as well. It looks as though the proposal is to grant a long term lease to the sports village company for both borough park and Lonsdale park in return for which we would have to surrender our existing lease on Derwent Park. It doesn’t sound like there’s any financial recompense for that. I’m all for a new stadium but if the funding isn’t there now to do it properly is it going to be there in the future? Is what we will be getting worth the gamble of possible future funding? Not too sure that this is what I was expecting but hopefully the club can deal with it in the correct way.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, townie88 said:

What was craic? 

RE: The stadium - It states they will only build the grandstand - nothing else 

it states in item 9.04 "The first phase of development to be funded through the Town Deal would be based on a partial redevelopment of Borough Park and primarily involve the demolition and replacement of a new stand in its place. The existing playing surface would be replaced with a new synthetic pitch which will allow for the increased use of the pitch by both clubs as well as offering potential for increase usage outside of match days".

item 9.31

"The Sports Village Company will be responsible for raising the additional funding necessary to deliver future phases of development."

So looking after what we currently have is not that expensive now, is it

So they are going to build the grandstand only the other 3 sides will have to be paid for by Town and Reds in future or stay as a one stand ground - half of what we have now at DP

But at least Reds will be ok as i have said all along - they will get their stand back.

 

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, IanMac said:

Reading those minutes very quickly it does appear as though the removal of and building a new grandstand at Borough Park together with the laying of a new artificial pitch will cost 6.5 million. Any other work will only commence once funding has been found. The stadium will be operated by a sports village company, essentially directors from Town and Reds with independent directors as well. It looks as though the proposal is to grant a long term lease to the sports village company for both borough park and Lonsdale park in return for which we would have to surrender our existing lease on Derwent Park. It doesn’t sound like there’s any financial recompense for that. I’m all for a new stadium but if the funding isn’t there now to do it properly is it going to be there in the future? Is what we will be getting worth the gamble of possible future funding? Not too sure that this is what I was expecting but hopefully the club can deal with it in the correct way.

 

the clubs are apply for additional funding, FA money, football foundation money etc etc.

 

We should be getting updated at some point this month. my guess towards the end of the month. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Derwent Parker said:

RE: The stadium - It states they will only build the grandstand - nothing else 

it states in item 9.04 "The first phase of development to be funded through the Town Deal would be based on a partial redevelopment of Borough Park and primarily involve the demolition and replacement of a new stand in its place. The existing playing surface would be replaced with a new synthetic pitch which will allow for the increased use of the pitch by both clubs as well as offering potential for increase usage outside of match days".

item 9.31

"The Sports Village Company will be responsible for raising the additional funding necessary to deliver future phases of development."

So looking after what we currently have is not that expensive now, is it

So they are going to build the grandstand only the other 3 sides will have to be paid for by Town and Reds in future or stay as a one stand ground - half of what we have now at DP

But at least Reds will be ok as i have said all along - they will get their stand back.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Billy Bob said:

 

So a Sports Village Company is to be formed and made responsible for the management and day to day running of the facility ?

1.   Will there be a Manager appointed with paid salary ?

2.   Will there be a full time team of paid employee's to run the stadium ?

3.   What will be the cost of this ?

4.   How will the end users be charged for this ?

5.   Will the Management company collect the gate receipts and sale of season tickets and then deduct their costs, before giving the balance to the end users (clubs).

6.   Sale of matchday food and drink, would probably not be passed onto end users ?

Once such a facility becomes a community stadium, it becomes political issue, and the majority of Council Tax payers will not want to support a project that increases their bills.     

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Billy Bob said:

So a Sports Village Company is to be formed and made responsible for the management and day to day running of the facility ?

1.   Will there be a Manager appointed with paid salary ?

2.   Will there be a full time team of paid employee's to run the stadium ?

3.   What will be the cost of this ?

4.   How will the end users be charged for this ?

5.   Will the Management company collect the gate receipts and sale of season tickets and then deduct their costs, before giving the balance to the end users (clubs).

6.   Sale of matchday food and drink, would probably not be passed onto end users ?

Once such a facility becomes a community stadium, it becomes political issue, and the majority of Council Tax payers will not want to support a project that increases their bills.     

There will be no management company as such,just a board consisting of representatives from both clubs so profits will be going directly back to the clubs. Even though I have initial reservations of how the design might be the positives will easily outweigh the negatives, less maintenance, halfing of all bills, hire of synthetic pitch and more chance to increase corporate sponsorship packages, it is the clubs that are driving this and there is absolutely zero money available for town to go it alone and stay put. There is also the community aspect this project hopefully will expand the club more ,helping develop juniors and women's teams. It is going to be a massive challenge for all involved and needs the support of all sports minded people 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, rockerlad said:

the clubs are apply for additional funding, FA money, football foundation money etc etc.

 

We should be getting updated at some point this month. my guess towards the end of the month. 

You keep mentioning this  FA Money 

It quotes that in the Allerdale report as 150k

Now granted 150k is a lot of money but nothing in regards to a stadium

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Derwent Parker said:

You keep mentioning this  FA Money 

It quotes that in the Allerdale report as 150k

Now granted 150k is a lot of money but nothing in regards to a stadium

a figure of 8.5m was mentioned at our agm of already being in place, with other funding sources potentially available. 

I think  we need to wait and see what both sets of directors come up with.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

If that’s it I’d rather stay where we are . The scope for developing DP is greater 

Far greater - Plus according to the report it doesn't even include renewing the scruffy , rusty tin sheets or even some new plastic canteen chairs as per current BP main stand. BP doesn't even have a scoreboard

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Route66 said:

There will be no management company as such,just a board consisting of representatives from both clubs so profits will be going directly back to the clubs. Even though I have initial reservations of how the design might be the positives will easily outweigh the negatives, less maintenance, halfing of all bills, hire of synthetic pitch and more chance to increase corporate sponsorship packages, it is the clubs that are driving this and there is absolutely zero money available for town to go it alone and stay put. There is also the community aspect this project hopefully will expand the club more ,helping develop juniors and women's teams. It is going to be a massive challenge for all involved and needs the support of all sports minded people 

 

It will be a greater benefit to Reds and a loss to Town on current gates etc because it states in the report - That the management will run the stadium and everything split 50 - 50

There will also be a loss to both clubs - because sponsors who advertise at both grounds for example will only advertise / sponsor once - therefore half as much.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

....I cant be arsed anymore. Its like some of you choose to not bother reading the information, or wilfully write utter garbage.

Edited by dkw
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, dkw said:

....I cant be arsed anymore. Its like some of you choose to not bother reading the information, or wilfully write utter garbage.

I read it

and copied and pasted a couple of statements 3 hours ago   see below -  - are these untrue?

it states in item 9.04 "The first phase of development to be funded through the Town Deal would be based on a partial redevelopment of Borough Park and primarily involve the demolition and replacement of a new stand in its place. The existing playing surface would be replaced with a new synthetic pitch which will allow for the increased use of the pitch by both clubs as well as offering potential for increase usage outside of match days".

item 9.31

"The Sports Village Company will be responsible for raising the additional funding necessary to deliver future phases of development."

So looking after what we currently have is not that expensive now, is it

So they are going to build the grandstand only the other 3 sides will have to be paid for by Town and Reds in future or stay as a one stand ground

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Billy Bob said:

So a Sports Village Company is to be formed and made responsible for the management and day to day running of the facility ?

1.   Will there be a Manager appointed with paid salary ?

2.   Will there be a full time team of paid employee's to run the stadium ?

3.   What will be the cost of this ?

4.   How will the end users be charged for this ?

5.   Will the Management company collect the gate receipts and sale of season tickets and then deduct their costs, before giving the balance to the end users (clubs).

6.   Sale of matchday food and drink, would probably not be passed onto end users ?

Once such a facility becomes a community stadium, it becomes political issue, and the majority of Council Tax payers will not want to support a project that increases their bills.     

You do realise we are talking about a Workington stadium Billy, you seem a bit over concerned about it.¬†ūü§Ē

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, donald said:

If your new grandstand is something like the south leeds stadium one it'll be a very good la stadium 

If its a good size stand with hospitality boxes then it might not be too bad for starters.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share




×
×
  • Create New...