Match thread: Championship Rd1. York v Featherstone Rovers. Monday 31st January 2022.

marklaspalmas

21 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Id imagine Harris will be breathing a sigh of relief if he is banned for this one. 🤣

Just read your post further down, 3 game bans is totally mad for what happened. Lets not turn the sport in to football.

Agree with the Football comment Oxy i got sent off a few times when almost anything went.No linesmen just one supporter from each club doing the job so on one side you could get the odd dig in.I would need to adapt considerably under the present rules.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back to the game, just looking on the York website, looks like the North stand is almost sold out, just a limited number of tickets available in one section.

As for the team, a lot will depend on whether Cuthbertson is fit to play. If not I think Rovers fev has the team more or less spot on.

1 minute ago, lingaro said:

How has Koppys' scan gone? 

Suggestions from people who were at the fans forum last night of "at least 6 weeks" out, ghe's supposedly getting a 2nd opinion today. To be honest given we know he heard a "popping" noise, that's probably at the lighter end of what might have been expected (perhaps means MCL rather than ACL, though I'm far from an expert).

Going to be a huge loss for the early-season games though.

2 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Suggestions from people who were at the fans forum last night of "at least 6 weeks" out, ghe's supposedly getting a 2nd opinion today. To be honest given we know he heard a "popping" noise, that's probably at the lighter end of what might have been expected (perhaps means MCL rather than ACL, though I'm far from an expert).

Going to be a huge loss for the early-season games though.

Happy with 6 weeks fingered crossed 🤞 

1 hour ago, Robin Evans said:

In the same way I look like Johnny Depp

I remember trying the they-wouldnt-pass-me-the-ball excuse once when I played (badly) at about 10 years old. My dad looked at me, shaking his head and said 'Don't talk wet, lad. Just get stuck in'.

9 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

I remember trying the they-wouldnt-pass-me-the-ball excuse once when I played (badly) at about 10 years old. My dad looked at me, shaking his head and said 'Don't talk wet, lad. Just get stuck in'.

I may be a 61 Yr old ar se with more to say for himself that tory hq.... BUT.... I am not going to counter anything your pater says..... I'm sure you unslderstand🤣🤣🤣🤣

15 hours ago, bigbaldnmad said:

Just from listening to the Radio Leeds interview, it sounds like Joey may not play on Monday, but that his first game may be the Leigh home game.

Not for me B if we decide not to start him needs to be on the bench play 20 minutes in 2nd half  to give him the chance to stretch his legs before leigh

24 minutes ago, POR said:

Not for me B if we decide not to start him needs to be on the bench play 20 minutes in 2nd half  to give him the chance to stretch his legs before leigh

Nor me, I would start him then bring him off later if he's blowing.

Anyway, looking forward to the game, looks like there will be a large Fev following as the away end is 3/4 full already.

Just now, David Shepherd said:

Chizzy's ban overturned. Cleared to play

I was always confident he wasn't guilty. I'm not one for slagging off the disciplinary process. It's not perfect but it's necessary and works.

Given Dane's effort, time and hours of voluntary work he puts in with people with learning disabilities, I am absolutely confident he wouldn't use the term his was accused of.

No other evidence presented, it was the daft situation where Dane had to prove his innocence. 

Pleased for the lad.

10 minutes ago, bigbaldnmad said:

I think McDermotts got some tough choices to make on selections...  can't wait to see his first team.

Yep, he said the same thing in an interview the other day, there are going to be some good players missing out.

Both Holmes and Smith have struggled in their link-ups this season, with miscommunications and some misdirected passing. My guess is Holmes will get the nod through his overall experience, we all know he hasn't been at his best lately but he's still a good half back at this level. But it could be Smith...that's all assuming he does pick Chissy in the starting 13 of course.

Also difficult to guess whether he'll play Joey, and how he will replace Kopczak...will Ferres play middle, or will he use a combo of Davies/Cooper/Trout/Field? he could also switch Moors back to the middle but he's used him exclusively on the edge in pre-season and that does seem to be where he's more effective.

The other issue is full back, is Pickersgill fit and if not does he switch Hall? That would mean either starting Joey, bringing in Broadbent, or switching Helliwell. The alternative of course is to stick with Gill at full back.

Squad should be announced tomorrow hopefully.

My team would be

1. Hall

2.Briscoe

3. Joey

4. Hardy

5. Gale

6. Chizzy

7. Smith

8 Cuthbertson / Ferres

9. Jones / Wildie

10. Lockwood

11. Hellewell

12. JSL

13. Bussey

Subs

14. Jones / Wildie

15 Moors

16. Field / Cooper

17. Davies / Ferres

That's where I would start, don't know if Cuthbertson is anywhere near being able to play, but makes a sensible alternative to Koppy.

Archived