Match thread: Championship Rd1. York v Featherstone Rovers. Monday 31st January 2022.

marklaspalmas

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two snippets for the York game 

York City Knights v Featherstone Rovers

31st January, KO: 19:45

M Com: G. Kershaw

Referee: J. Smith

Reserve Referee: C. Worsley

and according to the York forum

should be a great game we look stronger in the forwards and fev edge it in the backs .

21 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Not sure how reliable this is but we can see 19 of the 21- man squad on the RFL match centre and notable names missing are Chisholm, Leilua and Ferres. Trout is the last- named though and can only think of Wildie after him in the alphabet. So guess we need to await the club announcement to be sure.

YES if alphabetically it's wildie which leaves us with a C D F L or M for number 21

33 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Not sure how reliable this is but we can see 19 of the 21- man squad on the RFL match centre and notable names missing are Chisholm, Leilua and Ferres. Trout is the last- named though and can only think of Wildie after him in the alphabet. So guess we need to await the club announcement to be sure.

Cuthbo and Pickersgill both named on that RFL page btw.

3 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Joey and Wildie are the extra 2

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

On 28/01/2022 at 14:04, The Phantom Horseman said:

That would mean either starting Joey, bringing in Broadbent, or switching Helliwell. 

I can think of 5 players I would bring in to what is likely to be the starting backline (and that doesn't include Helliwell) before even considering DR.  A very sad state of affairs if that happens in the first game with no injuries as yet.....

On 28/01/2022 at 14:04, The Phantom Horseman said:

That would mean either starting Joey, bringing in Broadbent, or switching Helliwell. 

I can think of 5 players I would bring in to what is likely to be the starting backline (and that doesn't include Helliwell) before even considering DR.  A very sad state of affairs if that happens in the first game with no injuries as yet.....

9 hours ago, RobLambert said:

Unfortunately rob it will depend on the rhinos .😀😀😀

9 hours ago, RobLambert said:

My message was posted on Friday, before we knew the 21-man squad. To be honest I would be delighted if we don't use DR all year.

Only one player who belongs to another club named in the two squads for tonight's game, and that's Huddersfield Giants' prop Ronan Michael, for (checks notes) York.

Up the Irish.😀😀😀

My message was posted on Friday, before we knew the 21-man squad. To be honest I would be delighted if we don't use DR all year.

QUITE possible PH looking at the 28 man squad  7 backs 5 halves and  14 forwards I think unless we are really unlucky with injuries or get a boat load of covid  DR could be a non starter

Thought that was pretty convincing, and especially pleasing how much we dominated their pack despite Kopczak being out and Jesse's very early injury. They struggled in yardage throughout whilst we rolled upfield with regularity. To be honest I thought we were value for the winning margin and then some.

Thought Bussey was fantastic and think he played for an hour before coming off. He does so many things well, especially those repeated standing play the balls that create time and space for the next play.

The Jesse injury is another huge blow though, that's two of our big forwards likely to be missing for a few weeks.

For me, I thought we were sometimes guilty of trying to throw it out wide too early.

I  thought we bombed a few so it could have been a bit more convincing. Plenty to come in so hopefully we wont miss JSL and Koppy too much.

Next week is a big big game, would have preferred a couple of weeks to get up to speed, but it's the same for both teams.

Well done rovers ,  good solid performance , totally outclassed a tired looking York side who will have to lick their wounds and go again , be very interested to see you play Leigh next Mon feet up with a beer and no pressure , enjoy your night.😀😀😀

Archived