Techno music on Sky's coverage - a campaign

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

It is utterly naff

I am genuinely astounded some people on here are seeing it as something that is quintessentially rugby league or iconic for us

It sounds like something knocked up on a Spectrum 48k in 1990

For God's sake let's ditch it for a better/ classier try celebration music.... again something like Fox League uses  

Me too. No accounting for taste, I suppose. 

10 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

and the programme can start with a bit more of a retro tune in 'Trans Europe Express' by Kraftwerk given the expansion of the league into France and the inclusion of countries such as Greece in the World Cup. 

Needs a proper RL-style adaption ...... although I realise that this excludes Leigh fans

Kraftwerk : Trans Pennine Express

On 25/01/2022 at 13:27, The Blues Ox said:

Certainly needs something a bit more modern. Maybe a bit of Bad Boy Chiller Crew.

Only if Bradford get back in SL. 

4 hours ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

There are so many good heavy metal/rock tunes out there that would be very fitting, to be adopted as a SL intro. 'Do I wanna Know?' or 'R U mine' - Arctic Monkeys with cut through iconic moments and accompanying commentary would be my shout

Aye, RL music is heavy metal music. If you want killer riffs, my shout is 'Black Star' by Carcass.  

17 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Aye, RL music is heavy metal music. If you want killer riffs, my shout is 'Black Star' by Carcass.  

I'd have bet every single penny I had that you hadn't heard of Carcass. You live and learn!

Although at least one of them was from St Helens, so maybe that's your connection. 

50 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

I'd have bet every single penny I had that you hadn't heard of Carcass. You live and learn!

Although at least one of them was from St Helens, so maybe that's your connection. 

Wouldn't say grindcore is my absolute toppermost of the poppermost, but I know an epic metal riff when I hear one 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

So they are still using it I think

However, did anyone else think it was quieter last night?

You just need to turn up your hearing aid

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Couple of things I wasn’t keen on last night; interviewing assistants while the game went on and the panel not being sat in a proper studio and being exposed to the elements and noise from the speakers. 

That said, Jon Wilkin and JJB put on a good showing and spoke well, the hour feature before the game was nice and being able to hear the video referee is a good touch too. 

It was good to have RL back. 

Archived