Challenge Cup…and more

glemiln

Hope we get a very good attendance to witness Hornets’ winning performance tomorrow to start a very successful season.

Looking forward to seeing the ‘lads’ on the BBC, then again with Hornets in the (3rd/4th round) draws on Tuesday and the opportunity of meeting Mayfield after their excellent win today at West Hull.

1 hour ago, shrewsbury roughyed said:

You might get the mighty Roughyeds in the next round!

Well, we shall be in the draw with a well-earned and good 36-16 victory today, despite suffering a yellow card in first half and what seemed a harsh red card early into second half.  Midlands only scored tries in those periods. Our defence was very good overall and we had 7 touchdowns todayl  Note: There are some new offences which may become clearer to coaches, players and supporters and refs as time unfolds!  😎 🤔

7 hours ago, shrewsbury roughyed said:

Whaddyamean a chance to play the big boys? You might get the mighty Roughyeds in the next round! How big do you want? (Please God I’m not tempting fate here!)

You should always wait till the fat lady sings. Lets hope Hornets don't get Lock Lane in round 2.

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

10 hours ago, Anita Bath said:

Anybody help me out with the sub, Roden.

Hadnt seen his name on any lists - who is he and where did he come from?

Aiden Roden - Wigan/Lancs Academy, ‘hooker’.  The other sub, Connor Grainey, Leigh East/England Community Lion.

Despite it looking like Hornets were running away with it early on the Hurricanes were a game lot and pulled themselves into the arm wrestle, but it always looked like we had just that bit more in the tank.  A decent hit out with no Rangi, Bennion, Fui, or Callum who will all surely be in most matchday 17's, somebody said that was Hurricanes 2nd or 3rd game of the season so a decent 1st game for us taking account all the new players in the squad also.

Was it a sending off; anybody seen a replay? I saw it live then re-watched it and still wasn't sure either way, Joe certainly clouted the lad who was going doing in the tackle and his arm was swinging, it looked like a good hard hit from the main stand but without the benefit of a replay I cant be 100% either way.

Positives:

• Lewis looked good, appears to have a lost a bit of weight and looked sharp around the ruck.
  • Killan looks useful in defence and attack and plays well above his size
  • Ashton was a handful out wide
  • Macnally looks as though he'll be a good influence on the team.
  • Good to see another experienced head on the touchline in new assistant coach Gary Thornton, clearly lots of dialogue going on with Matt, the players (and subs) can only help the cause

Hopefully Joe doesn't get a ban so it'll be interesting to see how the disciplinary sees the incident. hoping for  a good draw in next round, a local derby would be fantastic, plenty of work to do but a good run-out to start the season off.

I think a big big plus about the game was how fit the team kept despite it being the first game of the season. It was also pleasing that they seemed to gel together very well and also the ball handling was excellent something that is usually quite poor at the start of the season. The whole squads defence was another vital factor in ensuring we are in the hat for the next round.

A big thank you to all the squad plus the coaching and backroom staff that made it all possible.

RUGBY LEAGUE WITHOUT ROCHDALE HORNETS IS LIKE AN UNSHARPENED PENCIL, THERES NO POINT?

On 25/01/2022 at 19:12, glemiln said:

Andy Mazey and Midlands Hurricanes co-owner Alan Robinson chat to Dave Woods about expansion, survival and growing the game ahead of the Betfred Challenge Cup clash that will be streamed live on BBC iPlayer and BBC online on Sunday

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0bk7ckx

Great listen.

34 minutes ago, Excolt 1 said:

Should best Lock Lane then Barrow should be a cracker.

Certainly LL will be up for it, no doubt with a good contingent of Castleford SL support, and hopefully it will be played in good light/weather conditions!  Just the difficult test we need to hone the squad for league duty.  Hopefully too, Mayfield’s home tie against Donny will be on a different day to encourage strong Rochdale support (both days).

I see that Joe got a one match ban and Luke a caution. .

Anyone know why Rangi, Benion and Moi Moi did not play last Sunday ? 

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

1 hour ago, Big Doug said:

I see that Joe got a one match ban and Luke a caution. .

Anyone know why Rangi, Benion and Moi Moi did not play last Sunday ? 

Moi Moi on compassionate leave (Tongan relatives) Bennion, back problem not sure about Rangi.

Archived