Sheffield first home game

HP Beans

I personally cannot wait for Sunday,hopefully we’ll get to see two full strength teams going at each other.IE not covid affected.

Would be great to get a good crowd in although I don’t think Sheffield usually have that many travelling fans do they?

Yeah I’m the same, really looking forward to this. Missed not going to the rugby last Sunday!
Going to be a tough game, but it’s a game we need to win. The next 3 weeks games are all winnable and it would be great if we can set off with 3 wins. 
My prediction for this weeks game is a 30-10 win, a crowd of 1450 and the first try scorer Ritson.

4 hours ago, pennington said:

Yeah I’m the same, really looking forward to this. Missed not going to the rugby last Sunday!
Going to be a tough game, but it’s a game we need to win. The next 3 weeks games are all winnable and it would be great if we can set off with 3 wins. 
My prediction for this weeks game is a 30-10 win, a crowd of 1450 and the first try scorer Ritson.

We averaged 2000 last season so would expect at least that on Sunday!

Yeah we are only missing a few players from that squad listed. I am hoping for a good crowd but I think the weather may effect that.
Got to be a win and nothing else tomorrow that is the simple thing. Sheffield at home is so important to win and start the year on the front foot and not to be trying to catch-up.

Sammut injured him self at home I heard, hopefully be ok for next week, all played well today and great defence, pitty there is no clock on the scoreboard! Why don’t they announce the subs? People don’t no who’s coming off or on! 
great game tho 👍🏻

2 hours ago, BarraFan said:

Sammut injured him self at home I heard, hopefully be ok for next week, all played well today and great defence, pitty there is no clock on the scoreboard! Why don’t they announce the subs? People don’t no who’s coming off or on! 
great game tho 👍🏻

Sammut Injured in warm up I heard but nice to see our young halves step up.

Defence was hit and miss,I thought they ripped us up a few times and Thackeray try was a walk in.

Our first try was not a try and they bombed one at start of second half which proved a game changer for me.

Sheffield errors let us off the hook a few times and the fact they have played no friendlies helped us massively because they looked rusty at best.

More than happy with the effort though and with 2pts in what is going to be a tough league

57 minutes ago, HP Beans said:

Sammut Injured in warm up I heard but nice to see our young halves step up.

Defence was hit and miss,I thought they ripped us up a few times and Thackeray try was a walk in.

Our first try was not a try and they bombed one at start of second half which proved a game changer for me.

Sheffield errors let us off the hook a few times and the fact they have played no friendlies helped us massively because they looked rusty at best.

More than happy with the effort though and with 2pts in what is going to be a tough league

Agree with most of your comments but Barrow have lots of restrictions with a lot of experienced and I presume high paid players missing.  Must be a nightmare for Paul Crarey. But young halves stepped up today and Langtree stood out again.  

Sloppy start 2 daft pens then a drop catch after we scored but totaly deserved the ht lead

2nd half was very difficult with the wind & rain but Barrow really defended well,must have defended at least 6 sets we just vouldnt keep the ball 

Player wise I thought everyone played there part but without the attacking side of Miloudi then Barrow would have struggled to get over the line today

The 1st try was dropped but you take your luck

Langtree was very good but the effort from Forster in attack & defence was awsome hes a machine

I like the look of Gillam not sure why he wasn't back on  earlier he looks the part & Emslie put a good shift in 

Good start, winning was the order of play, with some class players to yet come back it can only be good things imo

Last note some work has to be done on the pitch in areas it was a shambles, it can't keep holding the training sessions from all of the Raiders teams if that's happening 

Well done lads 

Langtree was outstanding... an absolute machine, Forster too but thought all our forwards were immense today in what was a real arm wrestle of a game. Massive team effort but Miloudi seems to be the difference in attack both with his off the cuff skills and his sheer exuberance.  Hopefully Sammut should give us even more of a cutting edge, especially in our opposition's 20

That’s a good win yesterday in some terrible conditions. It was so important to start off the season with that win. A 2,000 crowd near enough in them conditions with about 20 away supporters as well is brilliant, well done to all involved and keep up the hard work.

Archived