Funding at Feathsertone - self sustainable club punching above their weight

39 minutes ago, roversspud said:

Well it really doesn't matter one iota whether you can see how that is the case or not. You never, ever have anything positive to say about Rovers, so stick with your warped views and watch with incredulity as we continue to grow year on year.

Now now boys, take a lesson from your owners and coaching staff, they are really pally, just watch how each will lend the other player's this coming season, yes and before anyone says it, it is exactly the same with Saints and Leigh.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Now now boys, take a lesson from your owners and coaching staff, they are really pally, just watch how each will lend the other player's this coming season, yes and before anyone says it, it is exactly the same with Saints and Leigh.

I have no problem with Leeds , and although I dislike DR as do most fans on here I believe, it is not an argument that the relationship between Fev and Leeds has been utilised in the best way by both clubs and many other clubs would love to have a similar relationship while ever DR lasts.

"Out of the way,son. Where's my medal?" Alex Murphy's immortal words as David Hobbs scores his 2nd try in the '83 Cup Final!

22 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

He were are a few days before the season. A club chucks some money about. Fans of other clubs see this and their club hasn't or can't recruit similar. Accusations/question regarding sustainability, business decision making, club failing etc and other outpourings follow. Done to psychologically offset the threat. 

Fev/leigh will fall apart. Fev will go bust. Delbert will walk out.... that player is rubbish (even though he's recently NRL), he's over the hill, the coach is rubbish/arrogant/cynical , reliance on DR etc ad infinitum. 

This is a normal human coping response when an attachment like our clubs is/are being threatened. I've done it. I can live with it.

Then there is the one with attention seeking affective disorder. Yes I have applied a disorder isolated by Prof S.Reed, whereby an individual makes a deliberately provocative statement with the major motivation of eliciting a response. The individual will have a psychological need to cause a response, often as a provocative wind up.. its the pay off they seek.

Normally this is just restricted to the seeking of communicative responses. Occasionally it does develop into something more sinister, particularly if the desired responses aren't forthcoming. It happens. 

A disorder much more common than you may perceive

9 minutes ago, roversspud said:

I have no problem with Leeds , and although I dislike DR as do most fans on here I believe, it is not an argument that the relationship between Fev and Leeds has been utilised in the best way by both clubs and many other clubs would love to have a similar relationship while ever DR lasts.

Yep I will agree with that, but it don't make it right, no way on this earth should Leeds and Saints have any influence in which club could be promoted from the Championship this year, but we both and all the other observer's know that will be the case.

Just now, Harry Stottle said:

Yep I will agree with that, but it don't make it right, no way on this earth should Leeds and Saints have any influence in which club could be promoted from the Championship this year, but we both and all the other observer's know that will be the case.

H.... I genuine don't think we will use Leeds anywhere near as oft as we have in recent years.i would imagine we'll be much more in control of our own destiny. The less the system is used the happier I'll be

2 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Despite it being repeated many times without any evidence that Fev are being sustainably run, I just can’t see how that is the case. £180k central funding and 1500 season tickets doesn’t fund the squad they have this year. 

Deary deary me you keep trying but once again you get it wrong the 180 k is not the central  funding FEV received it's the amount  the funding was cut and FEV have said they have all ready made up that shortfall and that central funding is a SMALL part of the clubs revenue

5 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

He were are a few days before the season. A club chucks some money about. Fans of other clubs see this and their club hasn't or can't recruit similar. Accusations/question regarding sustainability, business decision making, club failing and other outpourings follow. Done to psychologically offset the threat. 

Fev/leigh will fall apart. Fev will go bust. Delbert will walk out.... that player is rubbish (even though he's recently NRL), he's over the hill, the coach I'd , reliance on DR etc ad infinitum. 

This is a normal human coping response when an attachment like our clubs is/are being threatened. I've done it. I can live with it.

Then there is the one with attention seeking affective disorder. Yes I have applied a disorder isolated by Prof S.Reed, whereby an individual makes a deliberately provocative state with the major motivation the elicit a response. The individual will have a psychological need to cause a wind up... its the pay off they seek.

Normally this is just restricted to the seeking of communicative responses. Occasionally it does develop into something more sinister, particularly if the desired responses aren't forthcoming. It happens. 

In other words Robin if you don't like something keep it to one's self.

In other words Robin if you don't like something keep it to one's self.

I don't think there's owt wrong with expressing oneself. Particularly if what club A are doing threatens what club B&C want to do and I follow club b&c. That's a normal human coping response and would be a defending comment from club A. All normal responses.

5 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

H.... I genuine don't think we will use Leeds anywhere near as oft as we have in recent years.i would imagine we'll be much more in control of our own destiny. The less the system is used the happier I'll be

I doubt that will be the case at Leigh Robin, how else can a squad of 21 otherwise hope to get a team on the field each week once the injuries start, with the two season long loans we have and the DR's I expect we could have nearly a third of the team Saints registered players each week.

I doubt that will be the case at Leigh Robin, how else can a squad of 21 otherwise hope to get a team on the field each week once the injuries start, with the two season long loans we have and the DR's I expect we could have nearly a third of the team Saints registered players each week.

Brace thi sen for the season long "leigh pie eaters" comment.

With the money being thrown around by Featherstone & Leigh would now not be a good time to go back to 14 teams in Super League? 

Surely, Leigh, Salford, Wakefield, Featherstone, Toulouse would form a competitive group in Super League and take a few bigger team scalps?

48 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

He were are a few days before the season. A club chucks some money about. Fans of other clubs see this and their club hasn't or can't recruit similar. Accusations/question regarding sustainability, business decision making, club failing etc and other outpourings follow. Done to psychologically offset the threat. 

Fev/leigh will fall apart. Fev will go bust. Delbert will walk out.... that player is rubbish (even though he's recently NRL), he's over the hill, the coach is rubbish/arrogant/cynical , reliance on DR etc ad infinitum. 

Then there is the one with attention seeking affective disorder. Yes I have applied a disorder isolated by Prof S.Reed, whereby an individual makes a deliberately provocative statement with the major motivation of eliciting a response. The individual will have a psychological need to cause a response, often as a provocative wind up.. its the pay off they seek.

A disorder much more common than you may perceive

w*nker.. 

(right, thats a disorder box ticked.. can i claim some form of benefit???... worth a try..)

3 minutes ago, RP London said:

w*nker.. 

(right, thats a disorder box ticked.. can i claim some form of benefit???... worth a try..)

I'm not sure having an affliction that causes excessive winking to the point you're known as a winker is an acceptable benefits attracting disability. 

Fill in a UC application.... you'll have to go for an interview..... let the watch you winking..... it might help😉

Be careful with your eyesight Richie lad!!

46 minutes ago, POR said:

Deary deary me you keep trying but once again you get it wrong the 180 k is not the central  funding FEV received it's the amount  the funding was cut and FEV have said they have all ready made up that shortfall and that central funding is a SMALL part of the clubs revenue

So how much are Fev and other Championship clubs getting in central funding from the sky tv deal? 

The game caller has stated Fev’s wage bill is over £1M on players, clubs have other running costs as well as players wages, so for total costs you can probably double that figure. Season ticket sales will probably bring in revenue to only cover something like 10%-15% of these costs, that looks a big shortfall to me.

14 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

I'm not sure having an affliction that causes excessive winking to the point you're known as a winker is an acceptable benefits attracting disability. 

Fill in a UC application.... you'll have to go for an interview..... let the watch you winking..... it might help😉

Be careful with your eyesight Richie lad!!

i know people who get it for less!!

my eyes are already pretty bad and the circulation in my right hand is terrible.. left is fine.. cant quite work out why :kolobok_ph34r:

5 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

So how much are Fev and other Championship clubs getting in central funding from the sky tv deal? 

The game caller has stated Fev’s wage bill is over £1M on players, clubs have other running costs as well as players wages, so for total costs you can probably double that figure. Season ticket sales will probably bring in revenue to only cover something like 10%-15% of these costs, that looks a big shortfall to me.

Yeah you can double for total costs and add some.....so probably £2.5m 

Buying stock for catering department; beverages in Clubhouse and in extra pie huts, food shacks bars open on matchdays.....buying merch stock for club shop......

Coaching staff.....not cheap. 

Away travel....

And many more items of expenditure. 

But you say season tickets.....there's as much to be earned....if not more on matchday tickets for away fans and people who can't commit to season tickets for work reasons. Then there's the profit from sales of all these items mentioned in costs to restock catering (inc. booze) and club shop....decent earnings when these operations are all fully owned and controlled and clubhouse not just open matchdays....

Then sponsorships, I think they mentioned 250k on top of usual sponsor income  in additional sponsors this season.....

Central funding. Even PpV livestream last season at tenner a pop will have gotten  a nice little profit for Clubs like fev.......

4 minutes ago, Smudger06 said:

Yeah you can double for total costs and add some.....so probably £2.5m 

Buying stock for catering department; beverages in Clubhouse and in extra pie huts, food shacks bars open on matchdays.....buying merch stock for club shop......

Coaching staff.....not cheap. 

Away travel....

And many more items of expenditure. 

But you say season tickets.....there's as much to be earned....if not more on matchday tickets for away fans and people who can't commit to season tickets for work reasons. Then there's the profit from sales of all these items mentioned in costs to restock catering (inc. booze) and club shop....decent earnings when these operations are all fully owned and controlled and clubhouse not just open matchdays....

Then sponsorships, I think they mentioned 250k on top of usual sponsor income  in additional sponsors this season.....

Central funding. Even PpV livestream last season at tenner a pop will have gotten  a nice little profit for Clubs like fev.......

The club earns money all year round.

The learning Centre and club house is used for lots of training events. Wedding receptions are held there. There is a significant income generated just from the ground.

I don't know numbers from just match day income but I remember Andy Prout once telling me that secondary income was roughly around 35% of gate recepts.. i.e  gate reception 50k seconday income 17.5k. I don't know how accurate that % is; it was Prouty so that's at least 12 years ago.

6 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

The club earns money all year round.

The learning Centre and club house is used for lots of training events. Wedding receptions are held there. There is a significant income generated just from the ground.

I don't know numbers from just match day income but I remember Andy Prout once telling me that secondary income was roughly around 35% of gate recepts.. i.e  gate reception 50k seconday income 17.5k. I don't know how accurate that % is; it was Prouty so that's at least 12 years ago.

It's not bad when you can pull in 250k additional sponsorship through a pandemic, must be making partners big and small feel valued and appreciated. 

2 hours ago, roversspud said:

Well it really doesn't matter one iota whether you can see how that is the case or not. You never, ever have anything positive to say about Rovers, so stick with your warped views and watch with incredulity as we continue to grow year on year.

Mark ignore him he's a wind up merchant.

Honestly think giving overseas players and staff a competitive on field environment and a good overall experience and fans + club looking after them works wonders in recruiting quality, started with head coach Steve Martin and players like Tuutu and Trev Clarke and has worked well everybody since basically all scouts and ambassadors that should be the aim alongside our homegrown through helping the Fev Lions. 

Archived