Funding at Feathsertone - self sustainable club punching above their weight

41 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

The game caller has stated

I mean.... that might be an issue.....

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

The club earns money all year round.

The learning Centre and club house is used for lots of training events. Wedding receptions are held there. There is a significant income generated just from the ground.

I don't know numbers from just match day income but I remember Andy Prout once telling me that secondary income was roughly around 35% of gate recepts.. i.e  gate reception 50k seconday income 17.5k. I don't know how accurate that % is; it was Prouty so that's at least 12 years ago.

oh dear... you've opened yourself up now to the whole "you'll end up with games called off" .. 

17 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Fev are run right and hopefully we will see other teams closing the gap (York with revenue they make,  Eagles with new stadium, Newcastle might attract a few more if they start well) . 

agree.. i think there are a few clubs now really committing to "doing it the right way" and they will be happy ending up wherever they are by doing that, it sure beats the hell out of going bust. It also means if they can get things right off the pitch they can build nicely on it but with some form of confidence that by building off it they have a "fall back" if things on the pitch dont work out.. not quite the case if you have a massively wealthy backer who just pulls the plug while you still have the wage bill and no income. 

Super League is certainly somewhere these clubs can get to as the weaker clubs are "gettable" and if they can get in then the business should grow with the extra income from sponsorship etc.. they just need to stick to their guns and not rush IMHO

16 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

A good many wakey fans turned up Sunday and enjoyed the day.... other than perhaps the result.

We'll be reight

Got a nice flyer telling us to behave. Didn't stop some Wakey fans singing about Brett Ferres or calling JSL a "Cas b******" though!

50 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

So how much are Fev and other Championship clubs getting in central funding from the sky tv deal? 

The game caller has stated Fev’s wage bill is over £1M on players, clubs have other running costs as well as players wages, so for total costs you can probably double that figure. Season ticket sales will probably bring in revenue to only cover something like 10%-15% of these costs, that looks a big shortfall to me.

Does he know the wage bills of all clubs, or who has told him that? Maybe he could ask his agent mate why he can't get Ryan Hampshire a pro club rather than trying to create a story.

23 minutes ago, RigbyLuger said:

Got a nice flyer telling us to behave. Didn't stop some Wakey fans singing about Brett Ferres or calling JSL a "Cas b******" though!

problem of relying on people to read... those that tend to shout that sort of stuff tend not to be the ones paying attention to nice flyers... stewarding/policing sadly is the only way to solve it, and tannoy announcements reminding people.. 

2 minutes ago, RP London said:

problem of relying on people to read... those that tend to shout that sort of stuff tend not to be the ones paying attention to nice flyers... stewarding/policing sadly is the only way to solve it, and tannoy announcements reminding people.. 

Couldn't hear the tannoy on Sunday where we stood, which wasn't a bad thing.

Just now, RigbyLuger said:

Couldn't hear the tannoy on Sunday where we stood, which wasn't a bad thing.

I often find in grounds i can hear the tannoy i just cant make out what anyone is saying on it!

4 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

So how much are Fev and other Championship clubs getting in central funding from the sky tv deal? 

The game caller has stated Fev’s wage bill is over £1M on players, clubs have other running costs as well as players wages, so for total costs you can probably double that figure. Season ticket sales will probably bring in revenue to only cover something like 10%-15% of these costs, that looks a big shortfall to me.

THAT says more about you than FEV or should I say more fool you

HE comes out with this rubblsh about FEV's spending every year 

Wait a minute some one like you who has his finger on the pulse of rugby league doesn't know what championship clubs are getting in central funding  as Victor Meldrew said "I don't believe it!!",

3 hours ago, RP London said:

I often find in grounds i can hear the tannoy i just cant make out what anyone is saying on it!

i wonder how many times someone has had their reg number called out for them to move their car at matches thats been reported by a disgruntled local little Englander - although the car is prob parked perfectly legally in front of someones house and blocking nothing?

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

7 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Must be the cash from the Premier deal

7 hours ago, binosh said:

With the money being thrown around by Featherstone & Leigh would now not be a good time to go back to 14 teams in Super League? 

Surely, Leigh, Salford, Wakefield, Featherstone, Toulouse would form a competitive group in Super League and take a few bigger team scalps?

How many free entries to Superleague do you want ?

11 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

Fev owns the stadium and land. A fair chunk of land. However, mostly green belt. I seem to recall a figure of £17m being touted about ten years ago. Don't hold me to that.... its a long while ago

Was it that dodgy accountant doing that valuation. Green Belt land in WF is about £5/10k per acre, get PP and it shoots up. I must confess property prices have shot up near the ground

2 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

Was it that dodgy accountant doing that valuation. Green Belt land in WF is about £5/10k per acre, get PP and it shoots up. I must confess property prices have shot up near the ground

From what I remember,  there is an application for change of use for that land. The mo that is granted, the value of that land goes nuts.

Archived