Adverts

4 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

What is it with advertising companies shooting ads with the sound track of a decades old song slowed down to funeral time??

Gets right on my blue & coal.

Hate that myself. 

5 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

What is it with advertising companies shooting ads with the sound track of a decades old song slowed down to funeral time??

and switched to minor key, if it wasn't already in it.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

6 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

yes - the original version of "do the shake and vac" by the ramones was far better

Or Hendon's finest musical export, Snuff.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

There seems to be more ads lasting longer nowadays. The ad with Philip Schofield promoting that drinks company is so bloody annoying. The door should be slammed in his face a bit harder, and any empty bottles should be aimed towards him as he’s quickly leaving your front garden. 

On 27/01/2022 at 10:57, Robin Evans said:

The slow, minor-key, acoustic cover with wispy ickle-girl vocals must be at least 20 years old.

I believe this year's John Lewis ad will be a similar treatment of You suffer by Napalm Death.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

My current favourite ad music is the ad for Avanti West Coast Trains. It's a really good track. I thought it was South African, but I googled it and it is Algerian, apparently.  I also like the shots of the tortoise skating round a city and then the countryside.

Bloody clever, these tortoises!

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

On 05/02/2022 at 00:42, Futtocks said:

The slow, minor-key, acoustic cover with wispy ickle-girl vocals must be at least 20 years old.

I believe this year's John Lewis ad will be a similar treatment of You suffer by Napalm Death.

At least it will be thankfully brief in that case.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

32 minutes ago, Ullman said:

At least it will be thankfully brief in that case.

...until you find out how much they've slowed it down...

Ralph Waldo Emerson

8 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

...until you find out how much they've slowed it down...

Saw Napalm Death live in Eindhoven a few years back.

They might even have played it without me noticing.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

It may not be everyone's cup of tea... but this is a classic music based ad for me.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Archived