Clubs with a positive feel good factor

A much eagerly anticipated season and a number of clubs with that really good positive vibe around the place. 

Who are they and why- the top 10

1 York. A new owner replacing Jon Flatman and by all accounts wealthy, if that is a measure of success. 

A great ground, increasing supporter base and superb coach

2 St helens- as always they are on top of their game and working in this town st helens really is at the centre of the community. Great signings for 2022 and Dodd and Welsby could be sensational

3 Hull K R - making tremendous strides under their CEO and a very promising squad  

Really good overseas players and the tremendous Lewis and Milnes to look forward to 

4 Halifax - some traditional clubs making significant progress and halifax are one of them 

5 Featherstone- some really good signings and a tremendously well managed club 

6 Warrington Wolves- another really well managed club with a fantastic supporter base

7 Leeds Rhinos- probably the team with the best young players in the UK right now

8 Newcastle Thunder- full time and a great feel to this club 

9 North Wales Crusaders - the move to Colwyn bay is a revelation and some very gois young players in briers and blackwood 

10 Barrow- they make the ten ahead of Rochdale Hornets, Wigan, Salford and Huddersfield 

11 minutes ago, muckymunksy said:

First time in years a feel good factor around Cas 

Season Ticket Sales Going Good. 

New coach 

New players 

People predicting us to finish in the bottom 3 🙂 

Yes

Definately 

There is a feel good factor about castleford 

13 minutes ago, muckymunksy said:

First time in years a feel good factor around Cas 

Season Ticket Sales Going Good. 

New coach 

New players 

People predicting us to finish in the bottom 3 🙂 

I think the problem is your new coach isn't as good as your old one. 

Just now, Eddie said:

I was thinking both them and Whitehaven, after their last seasons exploits. 

Yes, Haven were in my mind, too. Be great if they could build on last season's considerable achievements.

I was in Barrow a few weeks ago (to watch the football team), and had a wander into Craven Park. Got talking to a builder, one of many volunteers helping improve the ground's facilities. Lots of good things happening at Barrow, he said. He was looking forward to Barra, Haven and Town being in the same division. Should be some cracking Cumbria derby matches.

Leeds, Saints, Catalans, Warrington (every year it’s their year), Hull, Toulouse, York, Newcastle, Cornwall.

You could include Leigh and Featherstone in the list, one of them is clearly going to earn promotion, but as I have stated already with the massive spending going on at both those clubs, on reduced central funding, I fear for the one that does not earn promotion.

2 minutes ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

Oldham. New investor, back in town, new experienced and highly respected coach, 90% new squad including a highly experienced stand off,  new spirit.  Last season we had some decent individuals, but this year it looks like we have a decent team.

Oldham are an interesting one from an outsider’s point of view, being an historic club from a big town. If you were doing well in mid table in the championship and playing at a decent ground in Oldham what sort of attendances do you think you’d get? If there must interest in the town any more? 

17 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Eagles with new stadium with easy transport links and proper home. If they can stay up this year should be opportunities post world cup. 

was just coming on to post this.. 

Back home!!!! back in the city properly for the first time in god knows how long.

The squad is looking quite nice with some nice signings.. 

I am hoping to get to the first game back home and hope it will be a really good occasion.

1 hour ago, Hopping Mad said:

Is there a case for Workington Town?

Absolutely there is, with a board that has the best interests of the club at heart, steadily progressing crowds, a young and enthusiastic coach and squad. Myself I think we will get brought back down to earth a bit this season as I think it was perhaps a season early to get promotion, but hopefully we avoid relegation and continue to build.

20 minutes ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

Oldham. New investor, back in town, new experienced and highly respected coach, 90% new squad including a highly experienced stand off,  new spirit.  Last season we had some decent individuals, but this year it looks like we have a decent team.

What new investor 

This one has escaped me 

16 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Oldham not sure as if they go up they have to leave Oldham again... and you are back to square one. 

why do they have to leave if they go up?

London

Huge swathes of fans disillusioned with their treatment by the club and gone

Wimbledon rented ground is south of the river and knightmare to drive to /park

Charging £12 ticket for kids putting families off so will be the usual middle aged lone men in the ground (post first few games novelty wear off)

Website not showing first team men players 3 days before first game

General move to 'sustainable'......I.e. no ambition at all

Moved full time to inexperienced / not Championship quality part time players. Likely to finish bottom 3.

Oh yes plenty to be positive about down here 

Not looking forward to Sunday really....I am more looking forward to going to Headingly two weeks lster

6 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

London

Huge swathes of fans disillusioned with their treatment by the club and gone

Wimbledon rented ground is south of the river and knightmare to drive to /park

Charging £12 ticket for kids putting families off so will be the usual middle aged lone men in the ground (post first few games novelty wear off)

Website not showing first team men players 3 days before first game

General move to 'sustainable'......I.e. no ambition at all

Moved full time to inexperienced / not Championship quality part time players. Likely to finish bottom 3.

Oh yes plenty to be positive about down here 

Not looking forward to Sunday really....I am more looking forward to going to Headingly two weeks lster

I was offering positive threads and thoughts 

London have some players who it could be difficult to predict how they perform. 

Lewis biernik is back however 

2 hours ago, Hopping Mad said:

Is there a case for Workington Town?

I think so. One of the best young coaches around who is heavily investing in young local talent. A small but committed board of directors who are building great relationships with the local community clubs as well as in the wider community. Crowds on the up year on year. Maybe given the inexperience of a lot of our squad we achieved promotion one year to soon but hopefully we can do enough to consolidate this year and kick on from there. Whatever happens, really looking forward to seeing some great teams at Derwent Park and seeing how we compete. 

Archived