Clubs with a positive feel good factor

1 hour ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

London

Huge swathes of fans disillusioned with their treatment by the club and gone

Wimbledon rented ground is south of the river and knightmare to drive to /park

Charging £12 ticket for kids putting families off so will be the usual middle aged lone men in the ground (post first few games novelty wear off)

Website not showing first team men players 3 days before first game

General move to 'sustainable'......I.e. no ambition at all

Moved full time to inexperienced / not Championship quality part time players. Likely to finish bottom 3.

Oh yes plenty to be positive about down here 

Not looking forward to Sunday really....I am more looking forward to going to Headingly two weeks lster

All going great then 😂

21 minutes ago, Hopping Mad said:

Whitebank isn't Championship standard.

I didnt realise that the championship had a different standard to League 1, i thought it was only Super League that were demanding things (and even then you could get round it..)

3 minutes ago, RP London said:

I didnt realise that the championship had a different standard to League 1, i thought it was only Super League that were demanding things (and even then you could get round it..)

It may be a decision Oldham take themselves: in the Championship, they seem to play at Bower Fold (Stalybridge Celtic FC - a tidy little stadium with cover on all four sides); in League One, they play at Whitebank (much smarter after a revamp, including plastic pitch, but not great viewing when there's anything over 1,000 spectators).

2 hours ago, Eddie said:

Oldham are an interesting one from an outsider’s point of view, being an historic club from a big town. If you were doing well in mid table in the championship and playing at a decent ground in Oldham what sort of attendances do you think you’d get? If there must interest in the town any more? 

If we are playing, for example, at boundary park and were in the top six of the championship I estimate up to 3,000. Now some would laugh at that, but given our heritage and with the right promotion, I think it's a given.

13 minutes ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

If we are playing, for example, at boundary park and were in the top six of the championship I estimate up to 3,000. Now some would laugh at that, but given our heritage and with the right promotion, I think it's a given.

I used to love my trips to The Watersheddings first went in  1958 when Oldham were the top side over the hill.Even when my car had to be towed back to Ponte due to a broken petrol pump didn't put me off.

2 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

London

Huge swathes of fans disillusioned with their treatment by the club and gone

Wimbledon rented ground is south of the river and knightmare to drive to /park

Charging £12 ticket for kids putting families off so will be the usual middle aged lone men in the ground (post first few games novelty wear off)

Website not showing first team men players 3 days before first game

General move to 'sustainable'......I.e. no ambition at all

Moved full time to inexperienced / not Championship quality part time players. Likely to finish bottom 3.

Oh yes plenty to be positive about down here 

Not looking forward to Sunday really....I am more looking forward to going to Headingly two weeks lster

Yeah, but other than that its all sunshine and bunny rabbits, right?

3 hours ago, RP London said:

Just get a kid to do a minecraft ground, and send a screen grab to the RFL. If it’s good enough for Cas...

My own team widnes vikings have a feel good factor after signing tyler Dupree, Sam Wilde, matty Fozzard, levy nzoungou, to our exosting squad 

I feel we are looking at a 4th spot myself and like everyone else this will be injury dependant. 

We have a solid and reassuring board of directors, but nobody with any genuine wealth. Indeed widnes fans themselves have out in half a million over the last 3 years. 

If we had a financial backer we would totally blast it, but im guessing all clubs would say that

10 hours ago, The storm said:

9 North Wales Crusaders - the move to Colwyn bay is a revelation and some very gois young players in briers and blackwood 

Some news about our new home in the North Wales press today. The stadium owners, Conwy Borough Council, along with neighbouring Denbighshire Council, are making a joint bid for £20 million of levelling up funding to upgrade the stadium.

https://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/19878820.colwyn-bay-host-major-pop-concerts-sporting-events-every-weekend-eirias-stadium-extension-plan/

For all the latest news on North Wales Crusaders, please click on the link below to the new club website.

https://www.nwcrusaders.co.uk/

I'd say warrington,  I went to a fans forum with daryl Powell last night, very enjoyable,  he's actually quite funny and not just a miserable ###### like we see on sky. 

That being said, I can understand seeing him like that after listening to him talk.

Said a lot of the right things and knows what he has to do, in terms of trophies but improving price's dour style of play (a few interesting comments on that last night )

22 minutes ago, Barry Badrinath said:

I'd say warrington,  I went to a fans forum with daryl Powell last night, very enjoyable,  he's actually quite funny and not just a miserable ###### like we see on sky. 

That being said, I can understand seeing him like that after listening to him talk.

Said a lot of the right things and knows what he has to do, in terms of trophies but improving price's dour style of play (a few interesting comments on that last night )

Its surely not your year 

I feel warrington are a bit light in the forwards to be a major force in 2022

34 minutes ago, Barry Badrinath said:

We bumped into Powell and his mates at Wembley in 2019 after the game in Box Park and and it was a pleasure to listen to him. He was fascinating and funny and was great to spend time with. It seems he’s a different person at work but in the line of work he’s in, it doesn’t surprise me too much. 

18 hours ago, Rob said:

Bradford.

We've not gone bankrupt for a few years now, that's a real feel good factor.

Must be one around the corner.😉

Looks like the Dewsbury influence of Mark Sawyer had the desired effect!

"Life's tough.......It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

2 hours ago, The storm said:

Its surely not your year 

I feel warrington are a bit light in the forwards to be a major force in 2022

That got mentioned last night, it's been spoken about here for a few years, he's apparently mentioned that a lot to the forwards in pre season, as a challenge to prove us all wrong.

He spile about bullock as well, someone questioned him as a replacement for hill, he reckons he's a good player who wigan pushed to the side when he announced he was intending to leave,  hence his lack of gamete last year.

We shall see.

On 28/01/2022 at 11:02, Barry Badrinath said:

That got mentioned last night, it's been spoken about here for a few years, he's apparently mentioned that a lot to the forwards in pre season, as a challenge to prove us all wrong.

He spile about bullock as well, someone questioned him as a replacement for hill, he reckons he's a good player who wigan pushed to the side when he announced he was intending to leave,  hence his lack of gamete last year.

We shall see.

I quite like joe bullock 

But not in the same class at his best as chris hill, which was admittedly 2 or 3 years ago 

Philbin and Currie under performed last year and Jack Hughes ciuld be passed his best 

its possible that in Bullock, Cooper, Currie, Hughes and Philbin tge Wolves ciuld be seriously out muscled by a lot of teams 

I dont think that BMM has been adequately replaced and Margolis and Jason Clark are solid workers rathee than star quality hit men. 

Just my view of course

2 hours ago, Davo5 said:

Thank god the season starts this weekend,all this talk of feel good factors & optimism on a RL forum,dear god what is happening to this world !!

Its been a journey

And our game has become more important and significant for the role it plays in the community 

Archived