Oldham v Lock Lane

clifford

Now I've calmed down. Last night was horrific, we are now in the same position as Hull KR were when we beat them some time ago in the challenge Cup. I hope they were honest words said in the dressing room afterwards. All the talk about a fresh start and the like are now a distant memory. The boys need to communicate better, it looked tetchy between the boys at times. We need better communication and togetherness. They are capable as they showed against Wakefield. Let's just hope it's a blip. Appreciate the club putting out an apology to the fans, especially those who turned out on a foul night. That said, massive congratulations to Lock Lane, they represented castleford fantastically and they played a blinder. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, eclecticsheep said:

I was fuming last night It kept me awake for goodness sake!

And, sadly, you weren't the only one that was fuming and kept awake last night ! !

15 minutes ago, ArthurO said:

And, sadly, you weren't the only one that was fuming and kept awake last night ! !

I felt for the folk who turned up, I watched on my tablet. To actually pay and watch in that weather. I wouldn't say it kept me awake (I like my kip). It was extremely disappointing to say the least. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, shrewsbury roughyed said:

Just to rub salt in the wound Oldham cast off Dam Abram kicked a joint club record 14 goals for Swinton in their narrow win at West Wales. 

Bit more salt sir?

Langers: MoM Barrow v Sheffield

Ryan Ince: Four tries Widnes v London Broncos

• Sad 1

42 minutes ago, Dave Naylor said:

Bit more salt sir?

Langers: MoM Barrow v Sheffield

Ryan Ince: Four tries Widnes v London Broncos

Been talking to some on the barrow forum and they're pretty impressed with Langers. I told them they'd bagged themselves a great player who always gives 100%.

Stats-

Restall-one tackle. one miss. 7 tackle busts. 18 carries=135m

Brierley-4 tackles. 2 misses. 4 tackle busts. one clean break. 11 carries=103m

Cooke-55 tackles. one miss. one offload. 7 carries=51m

Wellington-12 tackles. one miss. 3 carries=26m

Holcroft-3 tackles. 4 tackle busts. 8 carries=80m

Ridyard-20 tackles. one miss. one offload. 2 tackle busts. 10 carries=46m

Hewitt-11 tackles. one miss. one offload. 4 tackle busts. one clean break. one try assist. 6 carries=21m

Nelmes-30 tackles. one offload. 12 carries=80m

Wright-12 tackles. 3 tackle busts. one clean break. 3 carries=38m

Spencer-19 tackles. one miss. one tackle bust. 10 carries=61m

Muranka-34 tackles. 2 misses. 4 tackle busts. one clean break. 14 carries=82m

Ferry-41 tackles. 2 misses. one offload. 3 tackle busts. one clean break. 11 carries=75m

Whittel-26 tackles. one offload. 6 tackle busts. 10 carries=92m

subs

Slater-26 tackles. 2 misses. one try assist. 7 carries=33m

Andrade-15 tackles. 4 offloads. 3 tackle busts. 18 carries=99m

Thornton-17 tackles. one miss. one tackle bust. 13 carries=100m

Coventry-13 tackles. 7 carries=64m

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, shrewsbury roughyed said:

As we have almost two months until the next game are the club organising any 'friendlies' to help to a) get the Lock Lane horrorshow out of their system and b) to develop some systems we can actually use in a league match? We could do with it.

I think it's key to get more games, for me it's needed for these players to get used to each other.

Hopefully many more SL A teams are looking for games.

Edited by David Dockhouse Host

Brooksy does a fantastic job doing his analysis of the match and it can't be easy. However, I was one of the drenched right up to the bitter end and I only saw TWO breaks of their line resulting in tries. In your analysis you said Oldham made 42 tackle busts! Am I reading busts the wrong way?

No criticism meant just clarification.

Thanks for all you do.

• Thanks 1

Tackle busts/breaks are when you beat a defender. Clean breaks are when you break the defensive line.

Brierley had one when he dropped the ball over the line. Muranka and Hewitt for their tries. Wright had a sneaky one in the first half when he dummied past a few defenders. Ferry had a big break in the first half where he beat 3 defenders and trampled over the full back. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2