Oldham v Lock Lane

clifford

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheer up Shrewsbury, another Hornet's fan here in peace! I'm 100% certain than after Sunday evenings game, Hornet's will not be underestimating Lock Lane. However, it was a bit of a perfect storm (literally) moment for them when they played you lot. They needed the weather to be a leveller, which it was. They needed to be on top of their game, which they certainly were, and they needed Oldham to under perform, which they did with an almost world class performance of ineptness.

Obviously, on their own ground with a vociferous crowd behind them, the game will certainly not be a "gimme" for Hornets, but if it's a dryish track and Hornet's are able to put out a decent 17 (against Midlands Hurricanes we were missing 4  forwards who would be in our starting 17, plus Rangi Chase), then I am as confident as you can be being a Hornet's fan, that we shall overcome!

Other than Swinton, who's squad looks the strongest in the Division, it's a pretty even competition, West Wales notwithstanding ,  I reckon that there's a promotion place is up for grabs , and Oldham will be competitive at least!

3 hours ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

To be honest. With reference to the old boys, apart from the langtree, the lads who went to Widnes and waterhead, I wasn't overly impressed by. Abram was below average for me. If he starts playing better this season, my question to him would be, why didn't you play like that last season? 

Abram will look the part in a winning team in League One because with ball in hand he's a good player. The reason he'll never be good enough for the Championship, in my opinion, is his lack of size and physical presence, especially when defending or under the high ball when playing full-back.

Think we just need to forget about Sunday. There was no need for the club to apologise. If Liverpool lose to Cardiff at the weekend. They won't be doing the same to their fans. CH probably did it because of all the ott stick he gets. A few weeks into the season, We will see how good an appointment Stuart Littler is. He is a proper RL person.

Back to the lock lane fiasco - none has mentioned the tannoy system. No lights, no information what would have happened if the game was abandoned ie. replay arrangements and money back and a very poor performance.

Let's hope things are sorted by the 27th March.

On a massive plus side, Avro have done a great job with the ground, except for the dual lining.

8 minutes ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

See crusaders have made a statement, beating Swinton in the cup.

Yes a big statement !

Cru were shaping up nicely last year and seem to be continuing the improvement. The Colwyn Bay ground is a good place to visit and the welcome is superb.

• 1 month later...

Archived