Sun 30 Jan: The Betfred Championship Match Thread

Barrow by 12

Draw Batley/Fax

Bulls by 6

Leigh by 48

Newcastle by 6

Widnes by 20

Fev by 4

Watched Leigh's game at St Helens last night. Leigh shaped very well and made it a tough arm wrestle of a game all night against the champs, obviously can't tell too much from a friendly but it will be surprising if they lose many this year, the team is full of recent SL or NRL players, they have got lucky to an extent in terms of who became available but that £1.2 million spend is going to have its effect.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Barrow

Bradford

Batley

Leigh

Newcastle

Widnes

Fev

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

23 hours ago, binosh said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see a Haven upset tomorrow, they were great in 2021 and Leigh will be there for the taking.

If this game was at Whitehaven i would be worried.

Not a chance £1.6 million budget against £160k,only 1 winner & it will be by a lot.

Impressed with the plough lane stadium, quite a lot of RL fans walking through Wimbledon before the game. Probably a bit under the 2000 attendance mark.

Referee has done his bit to keep the score down, but 5 tries to 1 tells its own story. Broncos down the slope second half though.

Town 6 Thunder 20 full time

Very even game until Storm Corrie arrived just after half time and Town were left playing the last 35 minutes into the teeth of a gale force wind and torrential rain and couldn’t make any ground at all, even kicks were barely going 10 metres. Thunder took full advantage of the field positions that they didn’t have to work for but were not impressive in the slightest.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

4 minutes ago, Derwent said:

Very even game until Storm Corrie arrived just after half time and Town were left playing the last 35 minutes into the teeth of a gale force wind and torrential rain and couldn’t make any ground at all, even kicks were barely going 10 metres. Thunder took full advantage of the field positions that they didn’t have to work for but were not impressive in the slightest.

Thanks for the report. From a Thunder perspective happy to get a win as knew today would be tough. We've had a big turnaround on the playing side so the team will take time to gel. 

16 minutes ago, Derwent said:

15 minutes where thunder just rammed it down the middle did for us, our worry over not having size in the front row highlighted perfectly then.

I thought other than that we did well, but didn't really look like opening them up.

Archived