Sun 30 Jan: The Betfred Championship Match Thread

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

The teams with money are playing the teams without money.  Games against eachother will be decisive.

Yes I think that's fair comment, though Dewsbury (in particular) and London could perhaps have been expected to put up more resistance at home, I don't think anyone should be surprised at the score at Leigh.

On 28/01/2022 at 11:09, The Blues Ox said:

Barrow Raiders v Sheffield Eagles    - Barrow by 16
Batley Bulldogs v Halifax Panthers    - Fax by 4
Dewsbury Rams v Bradford Bulls    - Rams by 4
Leigh Centurions v Whitehaven    - Leigh by 6
London Broncos v Widnes Vikings   - Broncos by 8
Workington Town v Newcastle Thunder    - Thunder by 2
York V Fev - Fev by 20

Never write off Batley or the Bulls.

47 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Yes I think that's fair comment, though Dewsbury (in particular) and London could perhaps have been expected to put up more resistance at home, I don't think anyone should be surprised at the score at Leigh.

Bradford looked very slick and well-drilled today. If they can play like that against the likes of Leigh and Fev then they'll be top 4.

Good start from Leigh , Haven committed suicide with discipline ( assuming it was verbal ) at the end of the first half , but did keep going to their credit 

Happy with 3,300 on at the LSV , shame playing Monday will dramatically reduce the numbers at Fev next week 

1 hour ago, Derwent said:

Town 6 Thunder 20 full time

Very even game until Storm Corrie arrived just after half time and Town were left playing the last 35 minutes into the teeth of a gale force wind and torrential rain and couldn’t make any ground at all, even kicks were barely going 10 metres. Thunder took full advantage of the field positions that they didn’t have to work for but were not impressive in the slightest.

Yes, score flattered Thunder, town played better Rugbyin the first half- think this shows Town can hold their own in this league.

37 minutes ago, SJD said:

Good solid start to the season for Barrow with a 22 - 10 win over Sheffield in front of almost 2k crowd

Can't really complain from a barrow perspective. Sheffield had the ball most of the half and never looked like scoring. Next week is massive. 

5 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Honestly, I was non the wiser what each guy got binned for, albeit for the last one Leigh scored a try which was 100mtrs from where I was stood, and I can only imagine it was for going in with a late tackle.

Chatting with some Haven fans in the bar afterwards , not impressed 😉 , I thought it was for ' Verbals ' but somebody said they hit Reynolds late as we scored just on HT 

Archived