Mon 31 Jan: Championship: York City Knights v Featherstone Rovers KO 19:45 (Premier Sports)

Who will win?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• York City Knights
    • Featherstone Rovers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/01/22 at 20:15

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Firstly, well done John Drake for starting a separate thread for this game.

Agree with the above comment, this is likely to be close. York will start the season in better shape than just about any time last year injury-wise and will be gunning for a scalp in their home opener.

The expected loss of Craig Kopczak is a huge blow for Fev, but the potential return of Chisholm having been found not guilty of last August's alleged offence is a big boost. It's a shame he didn't play in pre-season, especially as Fev have been disjointed at times in good ball this year (a lot of misunderstandings and misdirected passes), but you'd think he will slot straight back into the squad.

The season won't be decided in the first month and it won't be the end of the world for Fev if they are turned over in the first 2 weeks facing two very tough tasks, but they were solid enough defensively in pre-season and might still have enough firepower up front to prevail despite the loss of Kopczak.

I understand York will be without O'Hagan which will be a blow for them but they have added some grunt to their pack, should be a cracking season-opener.

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Firstly, well done John Drake for starting a separate thread for this game.

Agree with the above comment, this is likely to be close. York will start the season in better shape than just about any time last year injury-wise and will be gunning for a scalp in their home opener.

The expected loss of Craig Kopczak is a huge blow for Fev, but the potential return of Chisholm having been found not guilty of last August's alleged offence is a big boost. It's a shame he didn't play in pre-season, especially as Fev have been disjointed at times in good ball this year (a lot of misunderstandings and misdirected passes), but you'd think he will slot straight back into the squad.

The season won't be decided in the first month and it won't be the end of the world for Fev if they are turned over in the first 2 weeks facing two very tough tasks, but they were solid enough defensively in pre-season and might still have enough firepower up front to prevail despite the loss of Kopczak.

I understand York will be without O'Hagan which will be a blow for them but they have added some grunt to their pack, should be a cracking season-opener.

York are missing Pauli Pauli and Liam Harris through suspension as well aren't they. Pauli2 will be a big miss, literally, and missing halves again a problem.

Agree Kopczak is a miss for Fev as one area I would be concerned about is size in the middle. A middle of locky, Trout, Bussey, Field, Cooper is pretty small. Maybe JSL or Moors will do a stint in the middle.

Think Fev will have a little too much but expecting a close one - 22-14 Fev

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

14 minutes ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

York are missing Pauli Pauli and Liam Harris through suspension as well aren't they. Pauli2 will be a big miss, literally, and missing halves again a problem.

Agree Kopczak is a miss for Fev as one area I would be concerned about is size in the middle. A middle of locky, Trout, Bussey, Field, Cooper is pretty small. Maybe JSL or Moors will do a stint in the middle.

Think Fev will have a little too much but expecting a close one - 22-14 Fev

Pauli Pauli is free to play.

16 minutes ago, YCKonstantine said:

Pauli Pauli is free to play.

That's a positive for York. I saw the video and thought he was unlucky to be banned. 

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

1 hour ago, The storm said:

I guess im gonna have to get premier sports

This is too good a game to miss

Or can you pay for individual games 

Not that im tight with money

I'm on yearly but I think there is an option to do single months.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

So no Chisholm for Fev, presumably due to lack of reps having been expected to be out for another 6 games.

Think a lot will depend on whether York can get on top up the middle with Kopczak, who along with Chisholm might be Fev's most important player, out, and Ferres too, there isn't much size in the middle for Fev.

Conversey I'd expect Fev to pose more of a threat out wide where there's size and strength in abundance.

Sounds like there's going to be a really decent-sized crowd for the Premeir Sports opener which will be great to see.

53 minutes ago, Szymala said:

How much is it for the year ? 

26 minutes ago, Cardypaul said:

It’s normally £130 but there have been deals around, I paid £65 for the year 

Still a late deal for £80 I think, if you have Sky.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Archived