Mon 31 Jan: Championship: York City Knights v Featherstone Rovers KO 19:45 (Premier Sports)

Who will win?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• York City Knights
    • Featherstone Rovers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/01/22 at 20:15

8 minutes ago, Leonard said:

Or they could just subscribe and watch on premier player and then get the rest of the season

😉 

Yes, but some folks might like a free taster of what the presentation is like, before they shell out their hard-earned. Like a gateway drug.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Yes, but some folks might like a free taster of what the presentation is like, before they shell out their hard-earned. Like a gateway drug.

Or they are just tight.

I think I paid £60 for the season.

Just in from watching the game live. Decent effort from York, I thought, against opposition who will be too fast for most in the middle division. Watchable game. On the way out, I overheard a couple of complaints about Pauli Pauli's contribution. Official attendance announced as 3,602. Interesting to see, in the media area, an empty seat marked Martyn Sadler. 🙂

9 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

Things I’ve observed tonight:

Pauli Pauli had a massive Christmas 

One bog with 6 pots is nowhere near enough for 1000 thirsty cappers.

That’ll be why they were peeing in the bins and the sinks then. 

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes | Leaflets | Cards | Banners & Flags | Letterheads | Tickets | Magazines | Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

3 minutes ago, northamptoncougar said:

Did Fev play any of their new signings?

Depends how new you mean. JSL, Pickersgill, Smith all on competitive debut with Trout and Wildie in first games in this spell. 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

7 minutes ago, Leonard said:

Or they are just tight.

I think I paid £60 for the season.

Judgemental finger-wagging does not become you. Many people had doubts about this new partnership, and may need to be convinced that the product is worth their cash, especially in these times when money is short for a lot of folk.

If tomorrow's free replay gets more subscribers on board, then all the better.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, Futtocks said:

Judgemental finger-wagging does not become you. Many people had doubts about this new partnership, and may need to be convinced that the product is worth their cash, especially in these times when money is short for a lot of folk.

If tomorrow's free replay gets more subscribers on board, then all the better.

It was a middle finger - not a wagging one.

Just now, Leonard said:

It was a middle finger - not a wagging one.

Good answer! :kolobok_biggrin:

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Bung a few nice words in the direction of @PremierSportsTV on whatever platform you have access to. A few words of positivity could be a productive gleam of light in the smog of whingeing about allegedly bent refs and the RFL being bar-stewards.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Let's face it - Mondays are usually rubbish. So sign up and add some Rugby League to the day!

If you're a proper fan, it'll make you even more miserable to see some top-notch, well-presented sporting excitement.

And that's what you really want, deep down, isn't it?

Perverts. :kolobok_wink:

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Pretty pleased with that performance from Fev, thought we dominated in terms of yardage against a big York pack and were value for the winning margin and probably a bit more.

Bussey was absolutely immense and has started the season off very well whilst Lockwood continues to defy his age.

Jesse's dislocated shoulder is a big blow though, to lose him and Kopczak from the pack so early in the season is a great shame.

For York Jordan Thompson was outstanding and their best player by a long way.

Great to have a big crowd and a noisy atmosphere for Premier's opening game. The issue of the confusing pitch markings needs addressing but other than that the stadium looked bob on. 

9 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Pretty pleased with that performance from Fev, thought we dominated in terms of yardage against a big York pack and were value for the winning margin and probably a bit more.

Bussey was absolutely immense and has started the season off very well whilst Lockwood continues to defy his age.

Jesse's dislocated shoulder is a big blow though, to lose him and Kopczak from the pack so early in the season is a great shame.

For York Jordan Thompson was outstanding and their best player by a long way.

Great to have a big crowd and a noisy atmosphere for Premier's opening game. The issue of the confusing pitch markings needs addressing but other than that the stadium looked bob on. 

Stadium looked good, but it was bloody cramped. Squashed in like sardines, poor view of the pitch and only one bog open. My prostrate is not a fan.

1 hour ago, David Shepherd said:

One bog with 6 pots is nowhere near enough for 1000 thirsty cappers.

Should have come in the South Stand ...... plentiful and luxurious😆

Fev were well worth the win, but still a lot to come for me (poor kicking, and quite a few handling errors tonight). For the Knights, we sorely lacked a second half-back but I was most disappointed in our inability to hold parity in field position, and that our forwards didn't make more of an impression....

Hope it looked good on the screen - highest attendance of the round for a Monday night (televised) game !

7 hours ago, RBKnight said:

Should have come in the South Stand ...... plentiful and luxurious😆

Fev were well worth the win, but still a lot to come for me (poor kicking, and quite a few handling errors tonight). For the Knights, we sorely lacked a second half-back but I was most disappointed in our inability to hold parity in field position, and that our forwards didn't make more of an impression....

Hope it looked good on the screen - highest attendance of the round for a Monday night (televised) game !

Looked great on screen. A credit to the sport that Monday night second division rugby looked a big deal.

We are all well aware of York’s half-back issues, Leon Pryce spent most of the game saying ‘York have no halves’ or words to that effect!

Shame as otherwise York played v well, I thought.

1 hour ago, Man of Kent said:

Looked great on screen. A credit to the sport that Monday night second division rugby looked a big deal.

We are all well aware of York’s half-back issues, Leon Pryce spent most of the game saying ‘York have no halves’ or words to that effect!

Shame as otherwise York played v well, I thought.

It was a very good choice of game by whoever picked it for the first game, then we get 2 or 3 more big games coming up in the next few weeks. 

Archived