Sat 29th-Sun 30th: Challenge Cup 2nd Round Match Thread

1 minute ago, Futtocks said:

The Navy win it with a try!

Army suckered at the end.  Great game.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Sportsman will be pleased with the game and the viewing figures, I reckon.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I just gave @TheSportsman a "thank you" on social media, just to let them know we really appreciate their coverage. I suggest that others do the same.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

9 minutes ago, Jeff Stein said:

Skolars won 40-22. Scored two quick tries at the beginning of the second half but possibly then put the cue on the rack. Chargers kept going and found a weak spot in the Skolars defence that they kept going to. Very entertaining game 

Second half was 22 points each, that in itself is a great achievement for an amateur side.

1 hour ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

Decent win for the Cru at Leigh Miners (40-8 according to the Beeb). I was slightly apprehensive as our only friendly was called off last week, but all seems to have gone well.

Crusaders looked pretty decent today in an entertaining game, I think they will carry on in the same vein as last season so it should be another good year.

Think the crowd was announced at 485, although it looked more, the bar was doing a brisk trade and they ran out of food in the cafe so all in all a nice little earner for Miners.

2 hours ago, Jeff Stein said:

Skolars won 40-22. Scored two quick tries at the beginning of the second half but possibly then put the cue on the rack. Chargers kept going and found a weak spot in the Skolars defence that they kept going to. Very entertaining game 

Heard it was a healthy crowd. Any idea how many were there?

13 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

How did West Warriors get on?

Went down 28-10 at York Acorn.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Just flicking through a Huddersfield-Saints Challenge Cup fourth round programme from 30/1/94. Couple of Yorkshire Post clippings inside. Some interesting attendances for ties that day. They include Bramley (1,187), Carlisle (2,100), Hunslet (1,258) and Rochdale Hornets (3,396). 5,155 at Leeds Road for the Fartown match.

16 hours ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

Decent win for the Cru at Leigh Miners (40-8 according to the Beeb). I was slightly apprehensive as our only friendly was called off last week, but all seems to have gone well.

A good first 20 minutes from Rangers who had a really decent side and made us defend. Lee Hudson added some zip to the Rangers attack and their big prop (No. 20) did a lot of hard yards down the middle. Very blustery conditions and what looked like a heavy pitch. Our new boys fitted in really well and we scored some excellent tries but it seem the referee took a dislike to Rob Massam and chalked off all 3 of his efforts for forward passes!

Decent crowd there today too - thank you to Leigh Miners Rangers for your hospitality and best wishes for the rest of the season.

I'm not the only one getting weird sounds in the background, am I?

Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, Futtocks said:

I'm not the only one getting weird sounds in the background, am I?

Sound is a mess.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

2 minutes ago, OriginalMrC said:

No same here. Think someone's mic is buggered 

It sounds like the PA system is either having problems, or the ambient mic picking it up is.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived