Bradford (H)

Wakefield Ram

4 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

Michael Knowles was the captain yesterday, but whether you deem him to be the leader, I will leave that to you. 

You can only play the cards you're dealt. 

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

On 30/01/2022 at 17:48, silcoates said:

Terrible start.A b ig side Bradford -you have to match fire with fire.Our fire was sat on the bench.Playing 2 sl teams did the side no good at all."Finishing strongly" is no good.We started playing and scoring a few tries at the end. It showed what they could do . But the coach should have been sacked last season.

There's the first cross on my Forum bingo card.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

On 30/01/2022 at 18:00, silcoates said:

Just heard Lee on Radio Leeds. Good of him  at least to admit that Dews,were dreadful. 

He spoke in the royal suite after the game too. Not much he could add to be fair.

Does Mark Sawyer not speak after matches anymore? I thought he’d of wanted to and should have paid tribute to the past players for their contribution to the club over the decades and the efforts of Keith Mason and co to arrange the event??

Not sure who the MC was doing the after match stuff. A random MC the club is employing?? or a new Director??

rambo.gif

26 minutes ago, Therein73 said:

Rambo ...... Instead of 'fishing' about the MC, why don't you go and have a chat with him ...... ?? 

What I do know is, it's done voluntarily and NOT a new (or wannabe) Director  🇩🇪🇩🇪 

How is it Rambos job to find this out.  If the club have a new MC tradition would dictate he would introduce himself.  Maybe he did, maybe he didn’t.  I wasn’t there, but it isn’t the job of individual supporters to determine all these things. In my day the boss would introduce new people not wait for employees to ask😀

The new MC is Steve Moorhouse, an approachable & friendly chap who has been around the club for a fair few years as a supporter, a volunteer (like us all) doing a job to help out & save money. 

The MC gig is not everybody's Cup of tea.. I wouldn't want to stand up there putting a brave & positive spin on everything after a dire performance.. Say hello, talk to him & help him your all on the same team 🤔🤔👏👏

21 minutes ago, coolie said:

The new MC is Steve Moorhouse, an approachable & friendly chap who has been around the club for a fair few years as a supporter, a volunteer (like us all) doing a job to help out & save money. 

The MC gig is not everybody's Cup of tea.. I wouldn't want to stand up there putting a brave & positive spin on everything after a dire performance.. Say hello, talk to him & help him your all on the same team 🤔🤔👏👏

Not having a go. Just didn’t know who he was and thought Mark would speak. As you say it’s not easy putting a positive spin on it when you’ve been walloped.

Was great to see the old players and coaches present at the game. Well done to all who organised.

rambo.gif

13 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

I've previously said that LG should be replaced, but first game of the season is a bit early even for me 😁

Theres going to be 2 leagues this season, the ones desperate to get into SL and the rest. Whitehaven got walloped at Leigh, think there'll be so e big scores this season between the haves (or borrowers) and the have nots.

17 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Even after 2 sl games it was obvious to me what  might happen against the bulls.People on here  like gf predicted either a close win or a close loss.The rugby paper has the club down for relegation. I hope Mark and Lee realise how serious the situation is already.

5 hours ago, silcoates said:

Even after 2 sl games it was obvious to me what  might happen against the bulls.People on here  like gf predicted either a close win or a close loss.The rugby paper has the club down for relegation. I hope Mark and Lee realise how serious the situation is already.

So after one game we are in a serious situation? Wonder if the new owner at York and James Ford think the same,same with Halifax,two clubs that have spent quite a bit of money. Maybe we should have played South Wales and the new Midland club in our two pre season games,win them easy,what does that achieve?

1 hour ago, graham fisher said:

So after one game we are in a serious situation? Wonder if the new owner at York and James Ford think the same,same with Halifax,two clubs that have spent quite a bit of money. Maybe we should have played South Wales and the new Midland club in our two pre season games,win them easy,what does that achieve?

Halifax are!

2 hours ago, graham fisher said:

Wonder if the new owner at York and James Ford think the same,same with Halifax,two clubs that have spent quite a bit of money. 

Nah, they've got you lot to play 😆

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

7 hours ago, distantdog said:

Just joking. Too early for you lot on here to be doom laden. Results at this stage of the season don't mean much (unless it's us.) You have a lot of new signings, particularly in crucial positions. 

Yes we have a few new players,and like you say in crucial positions. I even heard one or two moaning before kick off about Lee and some of the players 🤦anyway onto York this weekend. 

21 minutes ago, coolie said:

Simon Grix is shorter odds on getting sacked than LG

Someone knows something 🤔🤔

Gotta have at least 4 wins by close of play on May 1st 

Or else we're in bovver 🤔

Halifax's 3 tries against Batley were two dives from acting half and a ricocheted kick.

37 minutes ago, LeagueConvert said:

Anyone interested in watching the game/highlights, 

the Full Match 

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

Archived