Salford red devils squad 2022!

DG70

3 minutes ago, Chris22 said:

Based on 1 - 17 squad numbers, without injuries, Salford would line up:

Brierley, Sio, Lafai, Watkins, Burgess, Croft, Sneyd, Akauola, Ackers, Burke, Wright, Greenwood Taylor (Subs: Addy, Vuniyayawa, Lannon, Livett)

They would then have Atkin, Ormondroyd, Wells, Williams, Johnson, Sarginson, Costello, Escare, Luckley, Borough and Cross in reserve.

Salford have very good depth in their backline, you could even make one from back-up players (Atkin, Escare, Cross / Costello, Sarginson, Williams) that isn't terrible. If Salford get some injuries in the pack, the depth isn't quite there.  I don't see a play off challenge, but nor do I see a relegation battle. That squad is far better than Toulouse.

Personally I think while Salford have some better players in the backs, Toulouse have the better squad and certainly a better forward pack with more depth (injuries are inevitable). 

1 Mark Kheirallah, 2 Latrell Schaumkel, 3 Junior Vaivai, 4 Mathieu Jussaume, 5 Paul Marcon, 31 Tony Gigot 7 Lucas Albert, 8 Romain Navarrete, 9 Lloyd White, 10 Harrison Hansen, 11 Andrew Dixon, 12 Dominque Peyroux, 13 Anthony Marion, 14 Éloi Pélissier, 15 Maxime Puech, 16 Joe Bretherton, 17 Joseph Paulo, 18 Mitch Garbutt, 19 James Cunningham, 20 Ilias Bergal, 21 Chris Hankinson, 22 Gadwin Springer, 23 Justin Sangaré, 24 Guy Armitage, 25 Matty Russell, 26 Hugo Pezet,

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Chris22 said:

Based on 1 - 17 squad numbers, without injuries, Salford would line up:

Brierley, Sio, Lafai, Watkins, Burgess, Croft, Sneyd, Akauola, Ackers, Burke, Wright, Greenwood Taylor (Subs: Addy, Vuniyayawa, Lannon, Livett)

They would then have Atkin, Ormondroyd, Wells, Williams, Johnson, Sarginson, Costello, Escare, Luckley, Borough and Cross in reserve.

Salford have very good depth in their backline, you could even make one from back-up players (Atkin, Escare, Cross / Costello, Sarginson, Williams) that isn't terrible. If Salford get some injuries in the pack, the depth isn't quite there.  I don't see a play off challenge, but nor do I see a relegation battle. That squad is far better than Toulouse.

For me wells and luckley will get a spot on the bench. Both could be in for a top season.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
17 hours ago, johnh1 said:

Thought I would just bring this back. Some belting comments, especially from the forum’s expert Sir Kevin Sinfield.

Anyone heard from "The Voice of Reason" recently?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

37 minutes ago, WSRD said:

He has changed his name to John Wilkin

Wilkin can afford lawyers, you know.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 21/08/2022 at 02:19, johnh1 said:

Thought I would just bring this back. Some belting comments, especially from the forum’s expert Sir Kevin Sinfield.

Is Sir Kev one of the many aliases of Jean Capdouze/LeBron/Ruune etc that posts/posted on RLFans or is he/it just equally as cranially challenged?😁

Surely he must be running out of rocks to crawl under by now?🤦‍♂️

I always said our pack was underrated. Nowhere near the biggest in SL but some hard workers and the likes of Luckley & Dupree (England Knight in the making) have really shone after making the step up from the Championship. Massive upgrade from the likes of Forster & Menzies we had a few years back!

Big shout out to Jack O as well who has been fantastic and really stepped up after the retirement of Moose & losing Dudson & Seb.

55 minutes ago, SalfordSlim said:

Is Sir Kev one of the many aliases of Jean Capdouze/LeBron/Ruune etc that posts/posted on RLFans or is he/it just equally as cranially challenged?😁

Surely he must be running out of rocks to crawl under by now?🤦‍♂️

I always said our pack was underrated. Nowhere near the biggest in SL but some hard workers and the likes of Luckley & Dupree (England Knight in the making) have really shone after making the step up from the Championship. Massive upgrade from the likes of Forster & Menzies we had a few years back!

Big shout out to Jack O as well who has been fantastic and really stepped up after the retirement of Moose & losing Dudson & Seb.

Ormondroyd for me has been a revelation. Very much in the Mossop mould.

On 30/01/2022 at 09:31, Stanley30 said:

So therefore play to your strengths. It doesn't always have to be payed down the middle all the time, and although I agree the pack isn't the biggest there are other ways to skin a cat. 

Kicking game and moving it effectively could be quite entertaining this year. Also think that although not the biggest they do look mobile which will help with new rules which increase the amount of time the ball is in play. 

Looking forward to seeing what Mr Rowley can deliver tbh

And I can confirm I have been very impressed by what Mr Rowley has delivered so far 🙂

• Like 1

That we are still talking about the "Minerals" missive from Wilkin, demonstrates success on his part.

Congratulations Jon.

As a kid, I precociously admired the serious, considered sports journalism of Brian Glanville, Hugh McIvanney and Cliff Morgan for their mastery of converting the reporting of sports events into something almost poetic and meaningful.

Mr Sadler if you are reading this, I hope you can concur with this and maybe these pioneers were also inspirational to you as well.

That was print journalism. A now seemingly leisurely exercise has been superseded by the rapidity of the internet. 

We have been joined by clickbaitry where opposing and often provocative ideas are punted in order to arouse reaction.

I suspect some of our RL experts are there to fulfil that purpose. Say something vaguely silly to wind up and facilitate a reaction.

Once you realise this, you can take it all with a pinch of salt or sulphur.

Minerals or no minerals.

• Like 1